Feature - Implemented Deep Machine Tunnel turns

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
After 5 adventures in the Deep Machine Tunnels, you get choice #1119
After every 50 adventures after that in the Deep Machine Tunnels, you get it again, according to the Wiki.

So, on turns 6, 56, 106, 156, ...

This means that were to track the number of times we have ventured in there we could predict when the choice will arrive again.

Considering that one of the options - get abstraction: comprehension - is available only if you are currently under the effect of Action, Sensation, and Thought, if you want to get that item, you need to prep for it.

Using 3 spleen to get a 1 spleen item which gives 200-300 each of all stats doesn't seem all that great, to me, although the item does sell for about 20,000 in the mall. But, we could/should make it easier for people to farm it, if they so choose.

From my session logs, turns in the DMT:

03/09 - (2) choice (3)
03/10 - (5)
03/11 - (5)
03/12 - (5)
03/13 - (5)
03/14 - (5)
03/15 - (5)
03/16 - (5)
03/17 - (5)
03/18 - (5)
03/19 - (1) choice (4)

So, yes, after the choice, it appears again on the 50th turn.

Seems like a counter, as I did for the Gingerbread City, of adventures in the zone, but reset at ascension, would do it.

Or, considering that everybody has an unknown count of turns in the zone right now, perhaps reset to 0 at that choice and reset to to 44 on ascension, which means that ( 50 - counter) is turns until the choice comes again.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Or even "encountersUntilDMTChoice" set to 5 on ascension and 49 on the choice; once that hits 0, the next adventure in the DMT will be the choice.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 17913 adds that counter and makes it operate in that way. I just set the property to "20" (based on my session logs) and will be interested to see if the choice shows up as the first encounter in the DMT 5 days from now, as expected.