Bug - Not A Bug Pool Skill from Semi-Rare isn't correct if you learned it before running mafia

Malibu Stacey

I used to run Kolmafia off a USB flash drive so I could use it at work & at home. That drive suffered a failure so I had to start a fresh instance of Kolmafia.

I ascended a couple of days ago & Ezandora's Guide was saying I didn't have sufficient Pool Skill to Hustle the ghost.
I had 8 Drunkenness & I have 10 Pool Skill intrinsically from the SR. I also had Chalky Hand for another 3 Pool Skill.
Guide thought I had 11 Pool Skill at this point & would lose to the Pool Ghost. I actually had 21 & won comfortably.

Thanks to this post I found how to manually set the value so it won't happen again but this could cause other people issues in the future.

Workaround: use "get poolSharkCount" on the CLI to check what mafia thinks is your current count of Pool SR's & "set poolSharkCount=?" to manually set it to what you think it should be.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
KoL does report your pool skill in Other Accomplishments. However, if it isn't maxed out, you can't reliably determine poolSharkCount from that, so manually updating is the way to go.