Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Clickable CLI links ?

Default Clickable CLI links ?

Maybe some person cleverer than I has solved this before...

Is there any way to print a clickable link in the CLI which, when clicked, will issue a mafia command without the link being opened in the browser ?

zarqon did it

It works better than you'd have hoped for. When you click the link, the command (or other words of your choice) appear floating over the cursor for a second and then fade away. A very nice indication to the user that the clicking did something. The words are green if it worked or red if there's an error. Great, eh?
    Last edited by Bale; 03-15-2017 at 04:52 PM.

That will work in the CLI somehow ? I actually wrote some javascript for adding links for mafia commands, in the browser, long before I even learned any ASH...so I don't need zarqon's script even for its stated use. So, unless I am not seeing something, this doesn't answer my question. But thanks for the response.
    Last edited by AlbinoRhino; 03-16-2017 at 12:14 AM.

Oh. I misunderstood. I thought you just wanted links to run in the cli. I didn't realize you wanted them to display in the cli also.

I didn't notice which user was asking the question or else I'd have known you couldn't have missed something so obvious. (Sometimes I miss the name when there's no avatar.) Sorry about that.

I have no idea how to help you.

Yea. You can add sideCommand links to the CLI and they will work fine to issue the command but they also automatically open a browser window. Maybe my question wasn't clear enough.

You CAN build an appropriate string of the script-generated commands, and then use the scriptList or dailyDeedsOptions properties to create clickable buttons for issuing the commands. Since the script list and deeds panel are re-drawn on a change to the prop without needing to log in/out, it can be handy. But I have yet to find a way to just make a link in the CLI to accomplish the same. (If using dailyDeedsOptions, beware of commas, ASH requires them in some functions, but apparently only text deeds will allow them when you add a | after? Luckily there are CLI commands that perform the same for most ASH.)

P.S. Avatar added.

Great new avatar!
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

P.S. Avatar added.
    Originally Posted by AlbinoRhino View Post
    Aweeeesomeeee! An Albino Rhino!
    If people like my scripts, please send me stuffed Hodgmen.
    Universal Recovery, OCD Inventory Control, CounterChecker, newLife, ChIT.

Since this forum title contains the question I have, I'll just add my question here.

I'm working on a rollover script that I found some time ago which was originally written by Bumcheekascend, then updated by others, and updated again by me.

I continuously forget to use my deck of cards, which is something the script checks for. I added the link to the wiki page to my script.

Code:
    print("Link here: http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Deck_of_Every_Card_(Effects_Table) ", "green");	}
    is there a way to make the link something I can click and have a window open up on that page?

Developer

print_html may be useful.