(0 turn cost) Adventuring

illarion

How, in ASH, do I tell Mafia to adventure once, when I am using a free kill (shattering punch)? From the wiki page here:
http://wiki.kolmafia.us/index.php?title=Adv1

, I expected
Code:
adventure(-1, $location[belowdecks]);
to do the trick, but Mafia blithely adventures until I run out of shattering punches, then aborts.

I am now experimenting with
Code:
cli_execute("adv -1 belowdecks");
, but won't be able to test it until tomorrow.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The ASH function you want is adv1(). It will adventure once, regardless of whether it takes a turn. If you want to adventure 10 times (for snojo, perhaps), then you need to call it multiple times.

Edit: I see that you linked to the adv1() page, but then tried using adventure(), and those do not give the same result.

illarion

The ASH function you want is adv1(). It will adventure once, regardless of whether it takes a turn. If you want to adventure 10 times (for snojo, perhaps), then you need to call it multiple times.
Perfect, thanks!

Edit: I see that you linked to the adv1() page, but then tried using adventure(), and those do not give the same result.
Apologies for being unclear.

I was, essentially, confused :) I hadn't realised adv1() was an ASH function, I actually thought I'd clicked on the page for the cli "adventure" function. (And from the adv1 page, I extrapolated that a negative number of adventures would do what I wanted, which is clearly not the case).

Reading up, I'm not sure I actually made anything clearer there! But either way, adv1 solves my problem, my thanks!