Feature - Implemented Spring 2017 Challenge: Gelatinous Noob!

Bale

Minion
Could someone add the daily absorption count (x/y) to the main mafia frame in the same spot that food/drunk/spleen consumption normally occupied when I wasn't Gelatinous?

gulaschkanone

It seems like the "absorb" cli command refuses equipment now. Also, it's a little bit weird that there's no way to query an equipment's modifiers now while in path (numeric_modifier returns 0), so it's harder to find equipments to absorb; supporting "speculate absorb _" would probably be sufficient and presumably go hand in hand with adding absorption support to the modifier maximizer.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Do we know the choice adventure number, yet, where you get to choose a normal class?
Needs to call ChoiceManager.handleAfterAvatar, like the other five classes that do that.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
17832 parses Enchantments Absorbed and creates Strings suitable for converting to Modifiers. I couldn't figure out what to actually do with the Strings to turn them into Modifiers and add that to KoLCharacter.currentModifiers.

Darzil

Developer
17832 parses Enchantments Absorbed and creates Strings suitable for converting to Modifiers. I couldn't figure out what to actually do with the Strings to turn them into Modifiers and add that to KoLCharacter.currentModifiers.

It's probably similar to the code for custom generated modifiers, such as we do in a few places, so something like adding it in KoLCharacter.recalculateAdjustments() to newModifiers.

We generate them in FightRequest with Modifiers.overrideModifier( "Generated:fightMods", "Meat Drop: +100" );, which could be a way of converting a string to a modifier.

Darzil

Developer
It seems like the "absorb" cli command refuses equipment now. Also, it's a little bit weird that there's no way to query an equipment's modifiers now while in path (numeric_modifier returns 0), so it's harder to find equipments to absorb; supporting "speculate absorb _" would probably be sufficient and presumably go hand in hand with adding absorption support to the modifier maximizer.

r17836 'should' allow this, but untested.

Darzil

Developer
Once Sourceforge is unborked I have a patch ready for NPC Stores so that Gift Shop items that are available are only those that are actually available. Playing on a low ascension spade account made me aware of the issue now gift items have in run relevance.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Based on this post, I guess KoLmafia is actually removing modifiers from equipment when you are in the path, and they are still gone when you leave the path (until you restart KoLmafia).

Bale

Minion

Using whatif and speculate seems like an odd solution to the general problem of sorting equipment for helpful modifiers. What I need is a keyword to apply to the modifier name to gain access to the modifier that would be present if only it actually worked. Such as:

numeric_modifier ($item[training helmet], "Innate:Item Drop" );
string_modifier( $item[training helmet], "Innate:Evaluated Modifiers" );

In those proposed examples, the prefix "Innate:" tells the numeric_modifier() and string_modifier() function to retrieve the value in modifiers.txt even if that isn't currently being used for whatever reason.

Darzil

Developer
I think I have a better patch for item bonuses now, shame SourceForge still seems to be broken.

It keeps the database intact, and just suppresses numeric bonuses when applying item bonuses to character in KoLCharacter. This means it is still available to numeric_modifier, but is not counted by Maximizer or Modtrace. I think this gives us much closer to what we want.

Darzil

Developer
With r17839 have committed patches for quest tracking, item modifiers and gift shop availability (which I guess isn't strictly speaking Noob related, but matters with low ascension count).

Darzil

Developer

r17844 adds them to KoLCharacter.currentModifiers.

Darzil

Developer
Though that doesn't actually correctly work, yet, as we can have multiple modifiers that are the same, and they should add, not replace.

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Though that doesn't actually correctly work, yet, as we can have multiple modifiers that are the same, and they should add, not replace.

That's what I was trying to solve by converting each String to a Modifier before putting them in a ModifierList (or something).

Darzil

Developer
Probably slightly more complex than that, as each string can be more than one Modifier (such as MP Regeneration).

It is starting to look like we may be missing some functions which would make this more straightforward.

Darzil

Developer
Also one thing is bugging me. How do we force a refresh of Mafia CompactSidePane after absorbing an item ?

Crowther

It is likely a KoL, but you can absorb items that are out of standard.
Code:
> absorb Bordeaux Marteaux

Item not accessible.
Doing it from relay browser...
Code:
You gain 9 Adventures
You gain 14 Strengthliness
You gain 10 Enchantedness
You gain 29 Roguishness
Absorbing Bordeaux Marteaux
You learned a new skill: Overalls