Feature - Implemented Spring 2017 Challenge: Gelatinous Noob!

Darzil

Developer
Aha
Code:
<b>Absorptions:</b> 1 / 6</span><p><a class="togglegnoob" href="#" style="font-weight: bold"><span class="small nounder">Enchantments Absorbed</span></a><div class="gnoob small" style="border: 1px solid black; padding: 1em; display: none;"><i>chef's hat</i><br /><font color="blue">Mysticality +2<br></font><font color="blue">Regenerate 1 MP per adventure<br></font></div><script>jQuery(function () { jQuery(".togglegnoob").click(function() { $(".gnoob").toggle(); }); });</script><br><center id="nudgeblock">

So there, but not in api.php, so we'll have to work from charpane, but that works.

Ezandora

Should _noobSkillCount be renamed to _noobAbsorptions?

Additionally, at the moment I think it doesn't track equipment being absorbed, probably because of this in UseItemRequest.java:
Code:
if ( responseText.contains( "absorb some new knowledge" ) )
Could also parse the value from charpane.

Ezandora

r17823
Blue velvet cake is absorbable, but the absorb command doesn't know it:
Code:
> ash $item[blue velvet cake].available_amount()

Returned: 1

> absorb blue velvet cake

[blue velvet cake] cannot be absorbed.

This is probably due to ItemDatabase.java:
Code:
// Cannot absorb untradeable items
if ( !ItemDatabase.isTradeable( itemId ) )
{
Gift items can be absorbed, so modify this check to also look for gift items.

I suspect the absorb command will also fail on valentines, pretty flowers, etc, which have an autosell of 0 but are discardable, due to this code:
Code:
// Cannot absorb items with no selling price
if ( ItemDatabase.getPriceById( itemId ) <= 0 )
{
	return -1;
}

Assuming ItemDatabase.getPriceById() returns autosell price.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Code:
if ( !ItemDatabase.isTradeable( itemId ) )
can likely be replaced with
Code:
if ( !ItemDatabase.isGiftable( itemId ) )

I don't know what the price check is meant to catch.

Darzil

Developer
Well, the original spading was that gift items, quest items, no trade items, no discard items, and items without autosell, couldn't be absorbed.

Gift items were found to be ok yesterday, so if the spading on the rest has changed the rules can be adjusted too.

Darzil

Developer
Looks like the skill check needs to look for if it is equipment too. Wasn't clear from what I had read at the time.

Bale

Minion
I absorbed a stuffed treasure chest only an hour after the path was released, so the spading sucked. I was rather surprised stuffies could be used by the path.

Bale

Minion
I haven't yet found any errors in this logic: it.gift || (it.tradeable && it.discardable && !it.quest)

Unfortunately I haven't yet checked any discardable quest items.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Looking at just the discardable quest items that can be acquired in a Gelatinous Noob run under standard restrictions:

Code:
small laminated card
little laminated card
notbig laminated card
unlarge laminated card
dwarvish document
dwarvish paper
dwarvish parchment
giant pilgrim hat

Once someone tests one of these items we'll know if the logic is actually it.gift || (it.tradeable && it.discardable)

gulaschkanone

The way all equipment is treated as flat-out having no modifiers seems slightly too crude, surgeonosity still works and thus for example "maximize surgeonosity" shouldn't be a nop. The same probably applies to other enchantments like this (like clownosity or four songs), although I can't test those and they aren't really important.

Bale

Minion
This is incorrect; unmotivators are gift items that cannot be discarded, and you cannot absorb them.

so... (it.gift || it.tradeable) && it.discardable && !it.quest

Now we just need to find out if we can absorb discardable quest items.

Bale

Minion
Found another passive skill bug:

Skill 23085: Gluteus Maximus
Mafia thinks it does nothing. It should give a bonus of Muscle +25

I've reviewed all of them and this should be the last error.