Help logging in

zaery

I can't log in through Mafia at work. My best guess is that it's something about my workplace network, because I can log in just fine at home or at work on a regular browser. I've tried both with and without the "use IP address" checkbox. Log is attached. Is there any other relevant information I could provide to help determine if this is a mafia bug or if it's just my network overlords?

View attachment DEBUG_20170210.txt

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
It's not a KoLmafia bug. It tried to connect and got "connection refused".

You say you can connect via a regular browser at work. Is your browser configured to go through a proxy server? I've never been in an environment where such were used, but the "Proxy Settings" tab on the Login window lets you configure KoLmafia to use such.

Or, perhaps it is just your network overlords at work.

zaery

I've never had to set up a proxy, and all the proxy settings I can find(chrome, windows, even IE and opera) look like no proxy is being used.

I just tried pinging kingdomofloathing.com(52.204.186.114) and it timed out every time. Pinging kolmafia.us and google.com work just fine, so I bet network overlords are doing some kind of shenanigans.

xKiv

I can't ping kingdomofloathing.com (or www.kingdomofloathing.com) from home either (while forums.kingdomofloathing.com pings normally, and currently backresolves into ec2-52-1-45-128.compute-1.amazonaws.com for me). Blame amazon?