Bug - Waiting for Info Modifier Maximizer

King Beanface

Modifier Maximizer does not show floundry items.

Used to, doesn't in more recent daily builds.

I had recently noted that clip art food didn't appear in MM, so I wonder if when coding for that, the floundry items have been removed from more recent builds?

Darzil

Developer
Can't duplicate this, as long as creatable is selected, and I'm in a clan with a Floundary, it works for me.

The clip art thing was that the foods were not in the statuseffects.txt file as ways of getting the effects, so completely different code.

AlbinoRhino

This is reproducible for me.

1. Be in a clan with floundry.
2. Exit KoLMafia.
3. Log back in.
4. Maximize +combat with creatable selected. No floundry items are recommended.
5. Visit floundry page in relay browser.
6. Maximize +combat again and floundry items now appear.

So I guess the floundry isn't updated on a fresh login or something ?

AlbinoRhino

This is reproducible for me.

1. Be in a clan with floundry.
2. Exit KoLMafia.
3. Log back in.
4. Maximize +combat with creatable selected. No floundry items are recommended.
5. Visit floundry page in relay browser.
6. Maximize +combat again and floundry items now appear.

So I guess the floundry isn't updated on a fresh login or something ?

This issue, or a similar one, (ie the maximizer doesn't recommend floundry items until after visiting the floundry page) appears to have returned. It was fixed briefly, but I think (not 100% certain) that it returned again with the change that caches the clan info.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I think 17803 needs to be reverted, or possibly refactored some. The floundry is on the first floor, but mafia is only checking the second floor, doesn't see a floundry, and moves on.

Since the first floor has to be checked just to find out if a floundry exists, actually trying to check the floundry in the process seems like the best approach. I don't know if there was something that didn't work so well that Veracity was fixing though, since I never visit clans without one.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
The issue I was seeing that when visiting a clan with no Floundry, it still submitted a request to go look at it.

I see code to look for it on the first floor.
I also see code to (also) look for it on the second floor.

since ClanLoungeRequest does not REMOVE an item if it not found, that seems like it should work both now and when it moves to the second floor.

I'll look again at this, in the debugger.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The entirety of the first floor check was a side effect of checking the floundry, at least when visiting a clan for the first time.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Actually, grep tells me that the only time we visit the first floor of the lounge is via breakfast.
How odd. When did that happen?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
OK. That doesn't seem "clean" to me, but I guess it saves a server hit.
Once the floundry leaves standard, what then will force a first floor visit?
Especially during the inevitable period between the time that happens and when they remember to put it on the second floor.
Or will there be some other item that we can check to look at the first floor?
Or will we have to change the code, again, to accommodate that.
Inevitable, I guess.

I guess I will just have to continue to be irritated at being told we are visiting the floundry in clans that I know don't have a floundry.