Discoveries.ash

DUH!!! I can Ctrl-A to get the text. I was trying to just highlight parts of it, as I didn't want the top part of the report. I LOVE THIS SCRIPT!!! Too bad it just couldn't go make the stuff for you. Oh yeah, and suddenly make a Tiny Plastic Sword appear for you. :)

matt.chugg

Well I can't help on the tiny plastic sword, but have a look at the script source...

Code:
// modifying the following to auto create items.
//
boolean createbooze = false;
boolean createfood = false;
boolean createequipment = false;
boolean createjewelry = false;
boolean createitems = false;
boolean createmisc = false;

just be aware that mafia may spend meat to create items based on your settings, and WILL use items out of your inventory to create them is they are available. so for example, if you have a lump of time your saving, this script may turn it into a time sword!

matt.chugg

Looks like KoL doesn't include brick of sand, or sandcastle as a discovery so unlist them from the script.

Update to 3.5.

Attachments

• Discoveries.ash
    17.8 KB · Views: 177

Iaoth

I'm in HCO so I can't try this out right now, but is there a function that allows me to tell it how much meat I'm willing to spend on discoveries? Or do I have to buy the pieces.

(Now that I'm asking... I assume I can just tell mafia to NOT buy things from the mall...)

icon315

It will buy anything in the mall, unless the amount per item exceeds a certain price (which i don't know).

Bale

Minion
Two year bump!

BCC Profile Page said:
Updates (2012-10-16)
Due to lack of real life time, the profile page will be scaled back from hereon. I'm very busy in life now and only have time to keep track of the more important things. Effective immediately, discoveries and "cool items" will be disabled. I'm sorry, I just can't keep them up to date. The way this has been coded means there is no practical way for people to offer to help fix the problem or keep on top of the data files.

Shall this script resume development? Rinn? matt.chugg? Either of you still interested now that BCC is out of the discoveries game?

Catch-22

Shall this script resume development?

I never noticed this script before, would be interested in trying it out.

I might try it out later on and see how functional it still is.

Edit: I tried it out, seems just as functional as it ever was. What additional development did you have in mind? Unlisting some new items perhaps?

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
What additional development did you have in mind? Unlisting some new items perhaps?

I figured that it might be nice if it could tell you which discoveries you lack, as BCC's snapshot script used to do. However I don't collect discoveries, so my opinion isn't very relevant.

Theraze

This one (Discoveries) tells you which discoveries you're missing and which skills they use, while jason's undiscovered tells you which of the undiscovered combinations you can make RIGHT NOW, while crafting_ideas will actually make the combinations for you. All 3 have their uses, but I'll generally fall towards using crafting_ideas to generate the new combinations more easily...