Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Revamping the KoLmafia Toolbar

Revision 17652 does this:

- Puts Radio KoL on menu bar under People menu
    - Removes Read KoLmail, Radio KoL, Mushroom Plot, and Farmer's Almanac from toolbar. (They are all available on the menus.)
    - Adds Modifier Maximizer and Sweet Synthesis to the toolbar.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

That meets my original objective for this thread, plus fixing the newly discovered Radio KoL problem.

All that remains is to explore if anyone wants to take on the bigger problem of customizing the toolbar as Veracity described. Veracity, did you want to do that or were you only detailing the project?

Edit: Oh yeah, there's also the issue of the mini-browser remaining in KoLmafia though that's a fairly minor issue.
    Last edited by Bale; 01-10-2017 at 03:25 AM.

I was brainstorming. I like the idea, but don't feel like tackling it at the moment.

By the way - Revision 17653 changes the icon for Sweet Synthesis to be the image from the "pile of candy". I liked the all-year sucker image, but having multiple candies fits the skill a little better.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

I would assume it's the source code becoming harder to read, not browsers getting worse at reading it. But I didn't start using computers until IE6.
    Originally Posted by lostcalpolydude View Post
    Nah, it's that it wants to put it into a tiny pane of the window, rather than just give it to you in Notepad or whatever your respective plaintext editor was. But then, I used the 16-bit MS-DOS Edit command as my preferred freehand coding tool from when it was released in MS-DOS 5, until it finally got to be too much effort to run an XP virtual machine a few years back. So, y'know. Making life easier is all about taking out that silly syntax highlighting and just giving me a full screen worth of text.

Oh wow. I remember using Edit. I haven't thought about that in a loooong time.

The only button I actually ever use is the coin master. I use the tabs for pretty much everything (and I use the drop down to open relay, but it's probably easier to use the button so I might do that).

It's not currently in the toolbar, near as I can tell.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    It may have been introduced into the discussion because (as of r17653) the Council button brings up the Mini-Browser.
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    I agree with frono.
    There are 69 players more powerful than you.
    Originally Posted by Statistics Leaderboards

Lightbulb

I'm really liking where this is going. Also, thanks to this thread I discovered that there's a preference to hide the toolbar! Which I have done for now since I only used it for a single button.

While we're at it, could we also tie keyboard shortcuts to the buttons? In my ideal world, we'd have our user-configurable toolbar, and then the function keys (F1-F12) would be automatically associated with the buttons we had configured. For example, if I had selected Relay Browser as my first button and Maximizer as my second, F1 would open the relay browser and F2 would open the Maximizer (or bring its tab into focus).
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: One-Click Wossname | Om******* (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Me******** (?!) | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager | About Bats
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

"Mini-Browser" -> "RequestFrame"

Is this still useful? KoL itself is so dependent on Javascript that this is a very deficient version of the Browser experience
    I use it for one thing - avoiding MP burn for one turn of festering powder (because disabling MP burn and then enabling it again is *work*).
    (I have MP burn set up to fire when my MP is very high and cast down to 50%, in order to avoid many small slow casts every turn. So if I buff MP for festering powder, restore all MP, and adventure (relay browser), this will by default make me fail the test. Minibrowser doesn't trigger MP burn.)

I use it for one thing - avoiding MP burn for one turn of festering powder (because disabling MP burn and then enabling it again is *work*).
    (I have MP burn set up to fire when my MP is very high and cast down to 50%, in order to avoid many small slow casts every turn. So if I buff MP for festering powder, restore all MP, and adventure (relay browser), this will by default make me fail the test. Minibrowser doesn't trigger MP burn.)
    Originally Posted by xKiv View Post
    You could write a simple relay script for the basement that disables MP burn if the test is festering powder.
    You can see my proof-of-concept idea for this in this thread (slightly different, but similar objective)