Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sweet Synthesis

Edit: Why should it not be possible to purchase items from a disabled player? I don't really get the logic on that, but its not a big deal.
    Originally Posted by Bale View Post
    If someone meat-cheats the system, buys a ton of stuff and reprices it at below-market prices, then it messes up the economy. If the items simply disappear forever, then it's functioned in a 'normal' way. As KoL is built around meatsinks, rather than trying to extend things...

What "workaround" do you propose? We can only tell that the store is unavailable after we try buying from it.

If you say "acquire x" and have autoBuyPriceLimit at 10000, if it tries to buy for 100, fails, and ends up buying it for 1000, that seems legit.

If the issue is "I would have bought something else had I known I couldn't buy for that price", well, you can ALWAYS miss out on getting something for your "expected" price since somebody else could have gone in and bought it before you could. Programmatically, you can protect yourself by getting the historical price, seeing that it is acceptable, and specifying that you want to buy it for at most that price. I.e., "buy x item @ cost", or the ASH equivalent.

That would work in this script, since it explicitly buys items in aftercore, rather than "acquiring" them.

KoLmafia's GUI does the equivalent of "acquire", since it is willing to use items from inventory.

By the way - I submitted a KoL bug report saying that I don't even want to see disabled stores when I do a Mall search.

No response.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

How long ago did you submit that report? More than a week?

This weekend.
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

What "workaround" do you propose? We can only tell that the store is unavailable after we try buying from it.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    In lieu of kol hiding the disabled stores, mafia could, after noticing a failed purchase from a disabled store, mark it as such, and ignore the store in the future. Of course, that is a lot of work, for not a lot of gain, and only a workaround. The main problem right now is disabled stores confusing the price sorting of certain candies, which is certainly confusing, and a little worrying, but we are talking hunderds of meat, so it's not really all that relevant in the grand scheme of things.

Box of dweeb is now at 4000 meat, be careful with auto buying candy!

1.0.3 includes some code to try and work around disabled players, by re-estimating mall prices after buying from a disabled store. The estimate is a bit aggressive at the moment.

Revision 17702 will detect when you fail to buy from a disabled store. It flushes the search results for the item and saves the store Id in a Set of disabled stores. The store will no longer appear in mall search results for the rest of the session and, therefore, should not skew expected prices for subsequent mall searches.

I suppose we could invalidate all mall searches containing that store ID. And I suppose we could save the disabled store set to a setting, rather than having it persist only until your restart KoLmafia.

But this is the start of a "workaround", at least.
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

Revision 17702 will detect when you fail to buy from a disabled store. It flushes the search results for the item and saves the store Id in a Set of disabled stores. The store will no longer appear in mall search results for the rest of the session and, therefore, should not skew expected prices for subsequent mall searches.

I suppose we could invalidate all mall searches containing that store ID. And I suppose we could save the disabled store set to a setting, rather than having it persist only until your restart KoLmafia.

But this is the start of a "workaround", at least.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    This would be good to add for players who have you on ignore, as well. Example:

PEEZ dispensers sell for 900 meat. The disabled store sells them for 135 meat. I added mine at 136 meat, and kept my multi on my ignore list, and tried to buy at 135, then 136 meat:
    Code:
    Using cached search results for PEEZ dispenser...
    Purchasing PEEZ dispenser (1 @ 135)...
    This shop's inventory is frozen (#1582168). Skipping...
    Desired purchase quantity not reached (wanted 1, got 0)
    Searching for "PEEZ dispenser"...
    Search complete.
    Purchasing PEEZ dispenser (1 @ 136)...
    You are on this shop's ignore list (#1557284). Skipping...
    Desired purchase quantity not reached (wanted 1, got 0)
    The next store up is 900, but:
    Code:
    > ash $item[peez dispenser].mall_price()

Returned: 136

That should be easy to do. Soon. After dinner.
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.