Bug - Fixed The Fire Inside

Bale

Minion
On the G-D discussion thread, drakono82 noted a bug in our implementation of The Fire Inside, the effect from using a bottle of fire.

drakono82 said:
Edit 2: Okay, I think I have it sorted. The bottle of fire's effect (The Fire Inside) is not right in mafia. First, it's capped at +200%, which is on the wiki, but not in mafia. Second, it only applies to gear, not effects. Which is neither on the wiki nor in mafia. (I'll add it to the wiki after this post.) So I was getting -50% to all stats in the game because of a certain -5 hot res pants. Passive skills (which the game doesn't care about) brought me back to 0 hot res, so mafia mistakenly thought I was getting no effect, and didn't report it in modtrace.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
That's not quite correct. My multi only has +2 hot res from pantsgiving, yet The Fire Inside reports +200% to all stats (from desc_effect.php). Said multi also has +140 hot res from effects. >.>

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Indeed, on another account, casting elemental saucesphere increased the buff strength from 0% to 20%. On my main (which actually has elemental resistance passives), I have 10 hot resist from gear + skills as reported by modtrace, and desc_effect.php has the expected +100% to all stats.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
And, in the interest of completeness, at -2 hot resistance, KoL and Mafia do indeed agree it should be -20% to all stats. Maximizer does indeed recommend bottle of fire at that point if I look at -muscle percent or -mp.

drakono82

Okay, I'll yield that, after a certain point, I stopped going over to the relay browser and checking the desc_effect.php, and instead relied on mafia's left panel. (That panel gets its stats from a KoL api, correct? So it shouldn't be wrong?) I've experimented some more, and observed that, yes, as you say, the desc_effect.php shows increases for effects. Mafia isn't updating for them, though:
Code:
> use bottle of fire

Searching for "bottle of fire"...
Search complete.
Purchasing bottle of fire (1 @ 5,500)...
Purchases complete.
Using 1 bottle of fire...
You acquire an effect: The Fire Inside (10)
Finished using 1 bottle of fire.

> modtrace hot resistance

typesourceHot ResistanceSkillAsbestos Heart+3.00=*+3.00SkillTolerance of the Kitchen+2.00=*+5.00

> ashq print(my_buffedstat($stat[moxie]));

> cast astral shell

Casting Astral Shell 1 times...
You acquire an effect: Astral Shell (15)
Astral Shell was successfully cast.

typesourceHot ResistanceSkillAsbestos Heart+3.00=*+3.00SkillTolerance of the Kitchen+2.00=*+5.00EffectAstral Shell+1.00=*+6.00

> cast elemental saucesphere

Casting Elemental Saucesphere 1 times...
You acquire an effect: Elemental Saucesphere (25)
Elemental Saucesphere was successfully cast.

typesourceHot ResistanceSkillAsbestos Heart+3.00=*+3.00SkillTolerance of the Kitchen+2.00=*+5.00EffectAstral Shell+1.00=*+6.00EffectElemental Saucesphere+2.00=*+8.00

> use oil of parrrlay

Using 1 Oil of Parrrlay...
You acquire an effect: Well-Oiled (5)
Finished using 1 Oil of Parrrlay.

typesourceHot ResistanceSkillAsbestos Heart+3.00=*+3.00SkillTolerance of the Kitchen+2.00=*+5.00EffectWell-Oiled+1.00=*+6.00EffectAstral Shell+1.00=*+7.00EffectElemental Saucesphere+2.00=*+9.00

I just logged in now without mafia, and noticed my stats did go up, though. >.>
Is mafia not getting updated stats from KoL?

But I still can't explain why I was getting -50% to all stats with the Great Wolf's beastly trousers (-5 hot res) on, looking at the relay browser, if effects (like my passives that add up to 5) are correctly used.

Last edited:

drakono82

Okay, my stats are moving right away, in-game, no mafia, if I mess around with gear that applies some positive or negative hot resistance.

But if I apply effects, I don't see my stats move until I log out and back in. (Removing effects does cause my stats to move, just not applying them.)

I'm going to submit a bug report.

Darzil

Developer
This could be like Smithsness, too, where it seems that because modifiers are added in a single pass in KoL, you can end up with variable stats depending on which order they are added. In that case (and maybe this one) refreshing the side pane will recalculate them and end up with the right values. (Discovered that after making KoLmafia do it in two passes - probably need to add Hot Res to that two pass system for accuracy of this)