bumcheekcity's Hardcore Checklist

bumcheekcity

bumcheekcity's Hardcore Checklist 1.0

What does this do?
This script checks for items and things you need to do to complete a Hardcore Ascension. It will NOT adventure in the slightest. It is purely an informational script.
The script will check for familiars in a BM run (i.e. the ones you need for the NS Tower + the starfish), and will use them if you have them. It won't do this in a Black Cat run.

What does this not do?
Your mum. Unlike me. Also as I said, it won't adventure. It can't find out whether you've used the cleaning items in the f'c'le, but I think that limitation lies with the game, not mafia nor this script.
It will not check your telescope if you have one to see if you definately need the items. Yet.

Can this be used for Softcore?
Yes, it will still tell you what you need to do, but you'll end up ignoring most of it. I'm planning on having it detect softcore, and assume you're going to pull the tower items and such.

How do I use it?
Make sure you have Zlib.
That's it. Just run it. It'll print out some stuff, and that's it.

What does it look like?
nv8riq.jpg

Changelog
v1.0 - Moved main() into a different function so that this can be included into breakfast scripts. Lowercase N checked correctly. Definitely spelt right. Fixed HitS and F'c'le checks.
v0.9 - Fixed Boss Bat bug whereby it was always reporting it as undone. Sped things up, and now there's intelligent caching. Should be cleaner and faster.
v0.8 - First version I deemed not-crap enough to release. Probably still a bit crap, to be honest.

Attachments

• hccheck v0.8.ash
    24.4 KB · Views: 161
  • hccheck v0.9.ash
    27.4 KB · Views: 193
  • hccheck.ash
    37.4 KB · Views: 601
Last edited:

Camber

Very good and complete list of NS tasks and items! It lets me know just what i need to get during the post-island grind to 13.

Codewise, i really like your debug() function. It'll make my debugging life easier without commenting and uncommenting lines as i go.

Correction: I changed your url check on line 706 for the level 12 from quests.php to questlog.php

A suggestion: Have it also check your closet for items. I often drop NS items there that I don't want to lose. I just made the following changes to hasItem() and hasHowManyOf(), and it works great!

Code:
boolean hasItem(string itemname, int amount)
{
  //if (item_amount(to_item(itemname)) >= amount )
  if (item_amount(to_item(itemname)) >= amount || closet_amount(to_item(itemname)) >= amount )
  {
    //Then we have the required quantites of items. YAY!
    return true;
  } else {
    if (amount == 1)
    {
      print("You need " + amount + " " + itemname + ".");
    } else {
      print("You need " + amount + " " + itemname + ". You have " + (item_amount(to_item(itemname)) + closet_amount(to_item(itemname))) + ", needing " + (amount - (item_amount(to_item(itemname)) + closet_amount(to_item(itemname)))));
      //print("You need " + amount + " " + itemname + ". You have " + item_amount(to_item(itemname)) + ", needing " + (amount - item_amount(to_item(itemname))));
    }
    return false;
  } 
}

//Prints the total quantity of the items. Useful for stuff in the same Zap group. 
int hasHowManyOf(string [string] itemlist)
{
  int amount;
  foreach var in itemlist
  {
    amount = amount + item_amount(to_item(var)) + closet_amount(to_item(var));
    //amount = amount + item_amount(to_item(var)) ;
  }
  return amount;
}

bumcheekcity

Still v0.8. I should be getting 0.9 out in two to three days. It's much faster, thanks to the caching and my genius.

bumcheekcity

That's because there isn't any. It's in the pipeline though. Probably won't make 0.9, but should be in 1.0 :D

Currently debugging 0.9. The outfit check isn't behaving, but other than that, it's good to go.

Edit: Fixed and updated. The first post has v0.9 :D

Last edited:

Spiny

Probably a known issue, but the script isn't recognizing "jabañero-flavored chewing gum" because of the n.

-Spiny

bumcheekcity

I've got my first telescope piece on bumcheekcity 2 yesterday. Telescope support is coming in v1.0, probably in a few days (ish).

bumcheekcity

Might be being annoying because you have a WA. Either way, it should not tell you if you have a metallic a if you have either the wand or a WA (same with the ruby W).

Likewise, it will only tell you you need one lowercase N and original D if you have either the wand OR the WA, you'll need two each if you have neither, and you'll need zero if you have both. It doesn't correctly interact with the telescope and the ND though.

Version 1.0 (with telescope checking) to come in a few days. Want to test it thoroughly first.

Last edited:

spinrabbit

Might be being annoying because you have a WA. Either way, it should not tell you if you have a metallic a if you have either the wand or a WA (same with the ruby W).

Likewise, it will only tell you you need one lowercase N and original D if you have either the wand OR the WA, you'll need two each if you have neither, and you'll need zero if you have both. It doesn't correctly interact with the telescope and the ND though.

Version 1.0 (with telescope checking) to come in a few days. Want to test it thoroughly first.

The tower item is an NG, not an ND...

tgetgel

Now if I could just figure out how to get the output from hccheck to be an input to something that would actually adventure and get those things listed, ...

Nice. :cool: