Automatic Banishing of Monsters

datavortex

Hello,

I have researched a bit but I have not been able to figure out how to banish a monster automatically by using the available skills or combat items. Reading through BanishManager.java, it seems as though this should be simple and I have overlooked the interface for it. I am using BatBrain and in the source for the WHAM script I added a monster to the banish list, but without apparent effect despite possessing some of the appropriate combat items.

Thanks for any help.

-- DV

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Reading through BanishManager.java
That code is for tracking banishes (for KoLmafia), not for actually banishing them (for KoL).

I am using BatBrain and in the source for the WHAM script I added a monster to the banish list

The threads for one of those scripts might be a place to look, if they are supposed to automatically banish stuff for you.

Alternatively, you could just have a CCS (or similar) that is set to use a (specified) banish source when a specific monster shows up.

Bale

Minion
Adding a monster to the source in WHAM is a little more complex than just adding monster names since those only work under certain paths. Changing the source for SmartStasis isn't a great idea either since only the defaults are there. Once the zlib variable is set, the defaults become irrelevant.

You need to change the zlib variable with the zlib command. (Not a native mafia command, but it will work that way.)

In the CLI type "zlib banish" and you'll get some more information, like this:

Code:
[COLOR="#808000"]> zlib banish[/COLOR]
[B]
Copy/paste/modify/enter any of the following lines in the CLI to edit settings:[/B]

zlib BatMan_banish = senile lihc, slick lihc, A.M.C. gremlin
[COLOR="#A9A9A9"](If no values were shown, no settings or values matched your input text. Type "zlib vars" to see all.)[/COLOR]

So follow those instructions, adding your monster to a comma separated list.

Last edited:

datavortex

Perfect, exactly what I needed to know. I am done with my adventures for the day but I shall try this at rollover.

As always, thanks for the scripts, for the help, and for the answer. Merry Crimbo to all!