MrEdge73's Item Handling Script Suite!

mredge73

Introducing MrEdge73's Item Handling Script Suite!

This is a release of several of the scripts that I have been working on for the last few months.
Special thanks to all who have helped in the creation of these scripts, lots of ideas were "borrowed" from varies scripts in these forums from many different authors.

System Requirements:
View attachment HC Inventory Control.ash and View attachment NSClosetier.ash require View attachment MrEdge73's Support Script -- Functions (Beta).ash and View attachment MrEdge73's Support Script -- Item Lists (Beta).ash to be downloaded and placed somewhere in your script folder. They also require Zlib.ash http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?t=2072

:cool:$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
View attachment HC Inventory Control.ash
Version:20110903IC
Created by Justin Edge (mredge73)

Features:
Automatic Quest completion for Item based quests
Reminders for assumed errors in your inventory (ten-leaf clovers, mega gem equiped, etc..)
Automatic junk autosell
Automatic end or run cleanup
Automatic pulverize
Automatic Staff build
Automatic Consumption
Automatic Mall Sell, for valuable items
Automatic Campground assembler
Automatic Zap
Automatic call for NS Closetier
Automatic build LEW
Automatic Summon Drinks
Automatic Sell Whiskers
Automatic Gourd Potion Retrieval

Many features not listed.

This script only handles items, it does spend any adventures except for meatsmithing, mafia call functions for untinker, or mafia call function for the guild. It is designed to be used at the end of every day on a hardcore run but is most effective if run several times each day.

Your closet is safe so putting items there that you wish to keep will prevent them from being lost due to the script functionality. The Item List is customizable so any edits that you think should be done should be done there, and please post them. Anything that helps in improving this script I would like to include in the next release.

Changes functionality based off of Aftercore, Hardcore, or End of Run
Not designed for Softcore run, no testing has been done for a softcore ascension.

Special thanks to those who helped me in the forms create script!

Script will auto-distribute author collectibles at the END of your run, this includes worn top hats, stuffed Cocoabos, and bat items. These items have very little value and you won't miss them. It can be turned off at the top: boolean Kmail=true;

NOTES:
Script is Safe for a kitty run, but you may want to keep some items that the script disposes of.

Safety BM Lead In:
Script will prompt if using a ten-leaf clover.

:cool:
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
View attachment NSClosetier.ash
Version: 20110903NS

NS Checklist
Closets items for the NS
Auto creates items needed for the NS
Telescope is enabled
This script does not destroy any items.
Can be run independently from the HC inventory control or called from your own script

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
View attachment MrEdge73's Support Script -- Functions (Beta).ash
version 20110903SF
To Be Included with all of MrEdge73's Scripts
Special thanks to Bale and Zarqon

View attachment MrEdge73's Support Script -- Item Lists (Beta).ash
version20110903SI
To Be used with all of MrEdge73's Scripts, included in the Function script
Designed to be highly customizable for individual purposes.

View attachment MrEdge73's Support Script -- ClanAdministrator(LITE).ash
version 20100914LITE
Introduction to my Clan Bot Library
This is a Library script that contains a few functions that I use in my Clan Bot for review and distribution. Building a clan bot without any help is very difficult and script authors like to keep them to themselves for their clan, but I wanted to release this limited library for the benefit of all. The more complex functions, however, are omitted because I don't wish to give them away freely.

Last edited:

StormCrow42

This looks pretty nice at first glance. I have one major beef with it, the default of smashing the various once-per-ascension boss loot items (boss bat stuff, etc). I suspect many or most people prefer to amass a collection of them. I don't think it should smash or otherwise dispose of anything that can't be repurchased from the mall by default.

Additional thoughts:
  • Save at least 3 hot wings for the Barrr quest
  • Save inhalers and eyedrops since they get used on the Wossname quest

mredge73

it does save 3 hot wings, it just does not place them in the closet and does not do anything to prevent you from accidentally eating them.

The inhalers are not placed in the mall until the the end of run routines (on last day before ascention)

The eyedrops are placed in the mall after choosing yes on the mall sell prompt. I will move this to the end of run routine with the inhalers

Added user confirm prompt for the once-per-ascention boss loot items, it won't destroy them unless you allow it to

All changes made in the item list script, version 20090625SI

thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:

StormCrow42

Other things to think about, perhaps an option to not get rid of junk food/drink on the grounds that it can be fed to a ggg/hobo (bonus points, detect if the character owns one and only dispose of junk food if they don't).

I personally prefer a config variable at the top of the script for stuff I'm constantly going to be giving the same answer for (keeping boss items) rather than risking the possibility of lazily accepting the option one time (defaulting to not destroying the items in this case). I can keep on just commenting out that section if you feel too strongly about that though.

Getting an error:

Code:
Checking Items in the Closet...
Division by zero (MrEdge73's Support Script -- Functions (Beta).ash, line 553)

Also, perhaps returning to the original equipment after switching out for map quest things?

mredge73

that is a weird error, I have only seen it one other time when I had an error with my Staff logic.

I think I got it fixed,
Something was passing an empty map into the closetier function; this should not happen so I will continue to investigate.
I am curious, were you using HC inventory control or were you using NS closetier?

download the latest Functions script for the quick fix 20090628SF

mredge73

check your closet,
you should have one in your closet, that is what NS closetier does.
it then sells the rest, as long as you have one it assumes the rest are junk.
I don't know any use for them except for the one needed for the NS.

as soon as you have a chance greater than 0% of passing the NS and are level 13 or above the script will ask you if you want to dump all of your closet contents to your inventory, until then it will keep all NS items in your closet.

Last edited:
No Wussiness Potions in my closet. It simply sold them without closeting any. I'm level 9 (I might have been at the end of level 8 when I ran it)

mredge73

wussiness potion is for Gate1 only

Do you have 100% for gate1?
You have a telescope at level 1 or higher so it will give you the exact item needed for gate one, if that item is in your closet then it will no longer keep the rest.

required items for gate 1, ONLY one is needed to pass the gate:
GateOne [$item[gremlin juice]]=1;
GateOne [$item[wussiness potion]] = 1;
GateOne [$item[thin black candle]]=1;
GateOne [$item[Mick's IcyVapoHotness Rub]]=1;
GateOne [$item[pygmy pygment]]=1;
GateOne [$item[super-spiky hair gel]]=1;
GateOne [$item[angry farmer candy]] = 1; //can be substitutions
GateOne [$item[adder bladder]] = 1;
GateOne [$item[Black No.2]]=1;

if you have a telescope then it will check which one is required, only one item is required.
Telescope[$item[pygmy pygment]]="an armchair";
Telescope[$item[wussiness potion]]="a cowardly-looking man";
Telescope[$item[gremlin juice]]="a banana peel";
Telescope[$item[adder bladder]]="a coiled viper";
Telescope[$item[Angry Farmer candy]]="a rose";
Telescope[$item[thin black candle]]="a glum teenager";
Telescope[$item[super-spiky hair gel]]="a hedgehog";
Telescope[$item[Black No. 2]]="a raven";
Telescope[$item[Mick's IcyVapoHotness Rub]]="a smiling man";

for example:
if your telescope spots "a banana peel" then the NS closetier function will look for the "gremlin juice" to place in your closet ignoring all others since having gremlin juice will grant 100% and not having it will grant 0%, in this case all wussiness Potions will be auto-sold since they are not needed for the NS.

mredge73

I guess mafia does not reset the telescope properties upon ascension like I assumed it should. The telescope properties are taken from your preference list in <username>_prefs.txt and I am guessing that telescope1 did not get reset upon ascension and still holds the value from your last ascension. This problem would only show up if you go from normal HC to BM so you found the exception, unlucky for you.

I implemented the fix in item list version 20090630, all should be well now.
thanks for your feedback, it helps greatly in improving my scripts.

mredge73

perhaps
I will look into adding that feature, it may come in handy

The Cloaca gear is sold after the battlefield is no longer available, it would not have been sold if you had it equipped. Did you have a weaker shield equipped at the time?

Bale

Minion
You don't hold on to the cloaca gear? Why?

That outfit is useful for a long time after the battlefield closes for it's MP recovery power. If I bother to get a cola war outfit, I want to keep it for times when MP recovery is important. That's the big reason to get the outfit after all...

mredge73

Why?
I just never used it after level 6, I only adventure there if I need the grenade to kill the big rat or want to level up quickly.

Nevertheless, the script will now save one of every item from both cloaca battlefield outfits. The revision is in the Item support script 20090714

Bale

Minion
Well, you'd only really want to hold onto one of the cola wars outfits. There's no advantage to having both of them.

mredge73

Previously it dumped all battlefield gear after level 6, I was assuming that you would have found better gear by level 7.

Now it will keep 1 of each item, I am assuming that you only picked up one outfit. This is for the benefit of MP generation or if you didn't pick up a better shield by level 7.

Would a better solution be to get rid of all battlefield items after level 6 if you don't have a full outfit? If you have a full outfit keep that outfit only and only one piece of each item. The only reason that this is a big issue is that you can only get the outfit in a small window on each ascension and if the script sells it you cannot go back and pick it back up.