--------------------
--------------------
Crimbo Lumps Shop	buy	20	saffron antaravasaka	ROW919
--------------------
--------------------
9283	saffron antaravasaka	278132307	brobe2.gif	pants		0
saffron antaravasaka	100	Mox: 35
# Item saffron antaravasaka: Improves chances of finding lumps and sludge
Item	saffron antaravasaka	MP Regen Min: 4, MP Regen Max: 6, Spell Critical Percent: +5
--------------------
--------------------
Crimbo Lumps Shop	buy	20	saffron uttarasanga	ROW920
--------------------
--------------------
9284	saffron uttarasanga	555660466	brobe1.gif	container		0
saffron uttarasanga	0	Mus: 35
# Item saffron uttarasanga: Improves chances of finding lumps and sludge
Item	saffron uttarasanga	HP Regen Min: 4, HP Regen Max: 6, Critical Hit Percent: +5
--------------------

Also:

Code:
Unexpected plural of 'chakra sludge' found: wads of chakra sludge

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I am reopening this and retitling it to use as a generic "Crimbo 2016" New Content thread. I am surprised we have none.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
From what I understand, the new Stack Lumps skill has an increasing MP cost for each time you cast it per day.

11, 111, 1111, 11111, ...

It's not daily limited, but tracking casts so far today with a setting seems appropriate.

Theraze

Is there a modifier than can be maximized for Crimbo16 drops or cleaning yet? I see it's listed on items, but haven't seen it in modref yet, unless I've just missed it or one of the earlier Crimbo modifiers got reused.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Huh. So, we have the saffron antaravasaka (pants) and the saffron uttarasanga (back item). According to Wikipedia the traditional clothing of a Buddhist monk or nun has THREE items:

A lower body "undergarment" - i.e., "pants":

Antarvāsa

The antarvāsa is the inner robe covering the lower body. It is the undergarment that flows underneath the other layers of clothing. It has a large neck, and almost entirely covers the torso. In representations of the Buddha, the bottom of the antarvāsa usually protrudes, and appears in the rough shape of a triangle.
An upper body robe - a "shirt":

Uttarāsaṅga

A robe covering the upper body. It comes over the undergarment, or antarvāsa. In representations of the Buddha, the uttarāsaṅga rarely appears as the uppermost garment, since it is often covered by the outer robe, or saṃghāti.
And an "outer robe" - a "back item"?

Saṃghāti
The saṃghāti is a double layers robe of Bhikkhus or Bhikkhunis used as an outer cloak for various occasions. It comes over the upper robe (uttarāsaṅga), and the undergarment (antarvāsa). In representations of the Buddha, the saṃghāti is usually the most visible garment, with the undergarment or uttarāsaṅga protruding at the bottom. It is quite similar in shape to the Greek himation, and its shape and folds have been treated in Greek style in the Greco-Buddhist art of Gandhāra.
It is, definitively, a "triple robe".

How cool would it be if they added a "saffron samghati" and the three items together became the "Enlightened Robes" outfit?

Although, the uttarasanga SHOULD be the "shirt" and the samghati SHOULD be the "back item". And the antaravasaka SHOULD be the antarvasa.

Magus_Prime

The first tiny plastic of the season from the calendar:

Code:
--------------------
9244	tiny plastic bad vibe	349395507	tpbadvibe.gif	accessory	t	0
tiny plastic bad vibe	0	none
Item	tiny plastic bad vibe	Monster Level: +2
--------------------

FYI, r17583: Out of curiosity I attempted to "max cast" stack lumps with > 124M MP. Mafia reported that it had cast the spell ~11M times, and MP remaining was reduced to 16. Only one actual cast was made successfully, however, netting 1 chakra sludge. Item manager showed > 1B negative lumps had been used (I only had ~583 at the start). Spell cost was still listed as 11MP.

At that point I tried to refresh character status (bottom left button) since I didn't think that MP should have really been all used. But I got the message "retrieving character data", and then the left panel remained grey. I could hit escape but still no update. So I tried to log out and back in, and it hung at the same point. I then exited entirely and restarted, logged in - same problem. Also empty daily deeds panel, and no inventory items retrieved. Exited again, restarted, turned on logging, then logged in again. Hit escape after it hung in the same spot again, then turned off logging. The last action logged was retrieving the character sheet, it completed, then logged the message "Processing results...", and that was the last item in the log until the message "KoLmafia declares world peace" from escaping.

I figured maybe my prefs were corrupted, so I restored a backup from August - now everything works. Not sure what I may have lost between then and now, maybe some IotM related tracking, but everything works ok now.

Logging into KoL vanilla, and it showed MP as actually at 16. I'm not sure what it actually managed to spend it on. Sounds like there may be something odd on the KoL side as well.

Anyway, thanks for bearing with this rambling. Meanwhile, I'll go back to executing Stack Lumps one at a time ;-)

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
KoL lets you "multi-cast" the skill. It takes away the MP for casting it a bunch of times (in this case 11 times however many times you tried casting it), but in all other ways acts like you only cast it once. KoLmafia currently also allows that, saw that the multi-cast "succeeded", and would have set _stackLumpsUses to 124m/11. That's a large number, but still smaller than 2^31 by quite a bit, so I'm surprised it caused an issue. Opening [charactername]_prefs.txt and changing that single value to 1 should let you keep using that file.

17584 only lets you do 1 cast at a time of Stack Lumps. You could cast it, followed by "repeat 10" or whatever to get all your casts. Ideally KoLmafia could loop through and do 1 cast at a time until all casts are done, but for now I went with the simplest fix.

Made the prefs fix that you suggested, and downloaded the new build - all works now, thanks for the quick fix!

This was what I found:
_stackLumpsUses=11338747

It looks like mafia calculates the MP needed for the next cast. Does that sound like it would hang with the above number? ;-)

Magus_Prime

The second tiny plastic:

Code:
--------------------
9245	tiny plastic angry vikings	924061367	tpvikings.gif	accessory	t	0
tiny plastic angry vikings	0	none
Item	tiny plastic angry vikings	Weapon Damage: +10
--------------------

Sytras

Third Tiny plastic:

Code:
--------------------
9246 tiny plastic Knows About Chakras 190016836 tpkac.gif accessory t 0
tiny plastic Knows About Chakras 0 none
Item tiny plastic Knows About Chakras Spell Damage: +10
--------------------

Bale

Minion
New monster #2002 found in Manuel with name 'angry viking warriors' image '3vikings.gif' attributes ='Scale: ? Cap: ? Floor: ? Init: -10000 P: weird'
Drops chakra sludge and negative lumps.

Already added his physical immunity to batfactors, but that won't help till mafia supports him.

Here's the rest of the information...
Adding new location: Crimbo's Beard - adventure.php?snarfblat=492
Contains angry viking warriors, penguin mafioso, the Crimborg

Last edited:

Magus_Prime

The fourth and fifth tiny plastics and a Crimbo present:

Code:
--------------------
9247	tiny plastic Your Brain	349091506	tpbrain.gif	accessory	t	0
tiny plastic Your Brain	0	none
Item	tiny plastic Your Brain	MP Regen Min: 3, MP Regen Max: 4
--------------------

--------------------
9289	Uncle Crimbo's hat	113038072	santahat.gif	hat		0
Uncle Crimbo's hat	100	Mox: 35
Item	Uncle Crimbo's hat	Adventures: +4, Rollover Effect Duration: 100, Rollover Effect Duration: 100
--------------------

--------------------
9248	tiny plastic Krampus	939530296	tpkramps.gif	accessory	t	0
tiny plastic Krampus	0	none
Item	tiny plastic Krampus	PvP Fights: +1
--------------------

The rollover effects on the hat are "The Spirit of Crimbo" which says that the effect is "'Tis the season!" with no listed effect and "Crimbo Nostalgia" which says "Remember last Crimbo? Yeah, that was great" and an effect of +5 Stats Per Fight

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Uncle Crimbo's Hat:

Code:
+4 Adventure(s) per day when equipped.
Grants 100 Adventures of The Spirit of Crimbo at Rollover
Grants 100 Adventures of Crimbo Nostalgia at Rollover
I believe this is a first: an item with two Rollover Effects.

We currently parse the enchantments like this:

Code:
Item	Uncle Crimbo's hat	Adventures: +4, Rollover Effect Duration: 100, Rollover Effect Duration: 100
That's not correct.

I'm going to enter it in like this:

Code:
Item	Uncle Crimbo's hat	Adventures: +4, Rollover Effect Duration: 100, Rollover Effect: "The Spirit of Crimbo", Rollover Effect Duration: 100, Rollover Effect: "Crimbo Nostalgia"
but I am sure that we will only remember one (presumably the second) one.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Turns out we were parsing only Rollover Effect Duration - even though we had the pattern for Rollover Effect, too - because both modifiers came from the same blue "enchantment". Revision 17599 gets both modifiers.

Both rollover effects - and both rollover effect durations - are listed for Uncle Crimbo's hat. For good measure, I changed the marzipan skull to reflect that you actually get three enchantments from it, not just Sugar Rush.

Not that it does much good:

Code:
[color=green]> ash effect_modifier( "marzipan skull", "Effect" ).to_string()[/color]

Returned: Sugar Rush

[color=green]> ash string_modifier( "marzipan skull", "Modifiers" ).to_string()[/color]

Returned: Effect: "Sugar Rush", Effect Duration: 5, Effect: "Hardly Poisoned at All", Effect Duration: 5, Effect: "Hombre Muerto Caminando", Effect Duration: 5

[color=green]> ash effect_modifier( "Uncle Crimbo's Hat", "Rollover Effect" ).to_string()[/color]

Returned: The Spirit of Crimbo

[color=green]> ash string_modifier( "Uncle Crimbo's Hat", "Modifiers" ).to_string()[/color]

Returned: Adventures: +4, Rollover Effect: "The Spirit of Crimbo", Rollover Effect Duration: 100, Rollover Effect: "Crimbo Nostalgia", Rollover Effect Duration: 100
The data is available to you, but we only store a single effect name - the first listed - as the "Effect" or "Rollover Effect" modifier.

I wonder how many other items grant multiple Effects?

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
I wonder how many other items grant multiple Effects?
Quite a few, it seems.

I did a search for items with at least one effect that had "You acquire an effect" show up multiple times on their corresponding wiki pages, then did a quick manual pass. There seem to be a few categories of items that grant multiple effects -- those that grant multiple effects all the time, those that randomly grant an effect from a fixed pool, and those that grant effects conditionally.

Code:
patchouli incense stick
[I]Yummy Tummy bean -- yields sugar rush and a random effect (from a pool)[/I]
Rock Pops
Senior Mints
Now and Earlier
Sugar Cog
sugar-coated pine cone
Angry Farmer's Wife Candy
seal eyeball
turtle soup
evil vihuela
evil potion of potency
evil libation of liveliness
evil tomato juice of powerful power
evil eyedrops of the ermine
evil ointment of the occult
evil serum of sarcasm
evil philter of phorce
Everlasting Deckswabber
dubious peppermint
children of the candy corn
Good 'n' Slimy
spooky sap
[I]elven suicide capsule -- yields one of three effects, randomly[/I]
Crimbo peppermint bark
Crimbo fudge
Crimbo candied pecan
queen cookie
myrrh-soaked, chocolate-covered bacon bath ball
Okee-Dokee soda
fish juice box
banana supersucker
pear supersucker
lime supersucker
kumquat supersucker
strawberry supersucker
beet-flavored Mr. Mediocrebar
sweet-corn-flavored Mr. Mediocrebar
cabbage-flavored Mr. Mediocrebar
[I]black tear - conditional on existing effects[/I]
[I]jagged tooth - conditional on existing effects[/I]
[I]grisly shell fragment - conditional on existing effects[/I]
Hot 'n' Scarys
eldritch elixir

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Surely we are done with this. I doubt there will be anything new added, although I would dearly love to have the third part of a Buddhist monk's "triple robe" added as a saffron item to complete a new outfit.

I'm marking this implemented. If some new comes out, we can make a new thread.