Default if(!in_hardcore()) question

Here's what I'm trying to do.

Code:
    void main()

do stuff here

if(!in_hardcore()) gohere();

do stuff here

void gohere()
    Function 'gohere( )' undefined. This script may require a more recent version of KoLmafia and/or its supporting scripts.

is what I get. I know there's a simple way around this, but I'm not seeing it...

place void gohere() above any call to it. This looks like you are calling the function before defining it.

Either put gohere() farther up in the file before you call it, or put a "forward reference" to it before you call it. That would be:

void gohere();
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

Today I learned about "forward reference". Thanks V !

Either put gohere() farther up in the file before you call it, or put a "forward reference" to it before you call it. That would be:

void gohere();
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post

Is there another way to do this? I tried this, and got the same error.

Essentially what I'm trying to do is skip a chunk of code that I don't want to check if user is in hardcore. It's a rollover script that I'm updating for someone.

You want a goto statement? Uh, no.

Put the stuff you want to "skip over" in its own function - or in the block associated with an if statement that is controlled by the "conditional" associated with the if.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

You want a goto statement? Uh, no.

Put the stuff you want to "skip over" in its own function - or in the block associated with an if statement that is controlled by the "conditional" associated with the if.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    Code:
    if ($item[time sword].available_amount() > 0 && (have_familiar($familiar[Disembodied Hand]) && (!in_hardcore())))
    			{
       				use_familiar($familiar[Disembodied Hand]);
    					equip($slot[familiar], $item[time sword]);		
    			}
    This would check for time sword first, disembodied hand second, and hardcore third, right?

If this i the case, can I do it this way:

Code:
    if (!in_hardcore() && ($item[time sword].available_amount() > 0 && (have_familiar($familiar[Disembodied Hand])))))
    			{
    			}
    Or is that two ways of saying exactly the same thing?

Those are the same thing, basically. You really don't need all those parentheses though, when you're just using && to compare all of your boolean expressions.

Code:
    if (!in_hardcore() && $item[time sword].available_amount() > 0 && have_familiar($familiar[Disembodied Hand])))
    is a perfectly good line. If you start mixing && and || then using parentheses becomes important to make sure you know what order things will be compared in.

Thanks everyone, I greatly appreciate the help. I think I finally have it working.

Part of the same script, so I'll keep it in the same thread.

Code:
    	print ("Maxamizing turn count... This might take a moment, we have a lot to check...", "Blue");
    	if ($item[time sword].available_amount() > 0 && (have_familiar($familiar[Disembodied Hand])&&(!in_hardcore())))
    			{
    			}
    	else if($item[solid shifting time weirdness].available_amount() > 0 &&(!in_hardcore()))
    			{
    					equip($slot[familiar], $item[solid shifting time weirdness]);
    			}
    	else if ($item[The Nuge's favorite crossbow].available_amount() > 0 && (have_familiar($familiar[Disembodied Hand])&&(!in_hardcore())))
    			{
    					equip($slot[familiar], $item[The Nuge's favorite crossbow]);
    			}
    	else if($item[li'l unicorn costume].available_amount() == 0 && (have_familiar($familiar[Trick-or-Treating Tot])))
    		{
    		cli_execute ("buy li'l unicorn costume");
    		}
    	else if ($item[li'l unicorn costume].available_amount() > 0 && (have_familiar($familiar[Trick-or-Treating Tot])))
    			{
       				use_familiar($familiar[Trick-or-Treating Tot]);
    					equip($slot[familiar], $item[li'l unicorn costume]);
    			}

cli_execute("maximize adv -tie -familiar");

print("Finished checking for rollover adventures.", "green");
    The script doesn't look past the time shifting weirdness, regardless of other items being available.