Feature Prevent accidental submission of parameter as command

zarqon

Most times, when telling KoLmafia what to do in the CLI, I am typing commands faster than mafia can perform them. And KoLmafia conveniently queues up the commands for me, and performs them in the order I typed them.

Sometimes, I'll type a command that requires parameters (e.g. the name of a script with parameters, or "obtain" since I'm "using" ZLib), causing mafia to throw up an input box.

As I'm mentally in "speed mode", I sometimes start typing the parameter to the command before mafia throws up the input box. This leaves a partial or full command in the CLI box while mafia is prompting me for input.

Once I input the parameter and press enter, not only is the parameter accepted, but also the parameter I had mistakenly typed in the CLI is submitted as a command. Depending on the parameter, this could cause problems. Regardless, I certainly did not mean to submit that text as a command.

I would like to request that mafia not submit text in the CLI at the same time as accepting parameters for a command. It should take two separate presses of the enter key to submit two separate things.

Thanks!

zarqon

No, that's a request not to submit the contents of the CLI text box when you're pressing enter to close the parameter box.

Darzil

Developer
That sounds more like a Java change, but I could be wrong.

It'll be Java returning enter to the parameter box and also to the CLI box.

zarqon

Mafia has done this for as long as I can remember; I've only just now gotten around to requesting that it not.