New Content - Implemented Gingerbread City

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
If you commit robbery and activate vigilantes, is that per day, per ascension, or permanent?

Magus_Prime

Re: robberies - It's, at least, per ascension. The vigilante has shown up on days when no robbery has been committed.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I have a build that purports to count adventures in the Gingerbread City (_gingerbreadCityTurns) and also remembers if you have advanced the clock (_gingerbreadClockAdvanced). Using such, a script could, presumably, pick up and continue where you left off.

I'll submit after I test.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I submitted this in revision 17905. This counts time you have adventured in the Gingerbread City in _gingerbreadCityTurns. I wasn't completely happy because it doesn't count turns, per se: the noon and midnight NCs do not take turns, but are counted anyway. However, upon further reflection, I think this is correct: unless we count the NCs, if that property is 9, have you or have you not gotten the noon NC yet? As is now, if 9, noon is next, if 10, noon is done.

Setting _gingerbreadClockAdvanced is true if you have advanced the clock. So, that was done on turn 1, turns 2-4 are adventures, and turn 5 will be noon.

I can work with that.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
As I noted in another thread, the Violet Fog can trigger in the Gingerbread City. It does not advance the time. We do, however, increment _gingerbreadCityTurns, with the result that the end of the day, it was set to 31.

I'll have to do something about that.

Can you digitize or otherwise copy Gingerbread City monsters?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 17928 only counts turns when you fight a Gingerbread monster or we see one of the timed choice adventure.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I notice that both the fruit-leather negatives and gingerbread blackmail photos are quest items. That means that if you ascend without completing the quest to get the briefcase full of sprinkles, you lose them.

That makes me think that the quest - as tracked by gingerMuscleChoice, gingerSubwayLineUnlocked and gingerNegativesDropped - is once per ascension. Seems like seven days:

Muscle
Muscle
Muscle
Midnight Train
Turn in negatives
Pick up Blackmail Photos
Blackmail

Has this been verified?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Actually, the Wiki shows several people who have 2 briefcases full of sprinkles. I think that confirms that you can do the quest multiple times.

OK, same question about the sugar raygun quest:

Mysticality
Mysticality
Mysticality
buy teethpick & dig
... dig until sugar raygun...

Wiki shows nobody with more than one sugar raygun.

soolar

Is there a property to track daily uses of fancy chocolate sculptures? If not, it would be nice to have one.

Erosion

Habitat/Extrovermectin/other "force monsters to appear in non-native zones" can appear in GBC and will count towards the scheduled NCs. Currently, Mafia does not count them.
This is a little tricky because gingerbread smartphone does not show up during these combats, but I counted and this is how it works.