Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Gingerbread City

I'm not sure how much should go into Kolmafia, or if we want to wait for more spading to confirm it, but there is a good amount of mechanics revealed in this post: http://forums.kingdomofloathing.com/...&postcount=125

There is a time mechanic in Gingerbread City, well-explained further up but I'll put it here too. 9 adventures, a midday NC, 9 adventures, a midnight NC, and then 10 adventures further if you have the relevant upgrade. Note that when I say "adventures" I don't mean adventures spent, or even combats - anything count, from weiner NCs to free fights to runaways to time pranks to anything.
    Would a counter make sense to cover this mechanic?

I'm hoping some of that stuff won't work quite the same "soon". No idea if or when that will actually happen though.

Would a counter make sense to cover this mechanic?
    Originally Posted by Sytras View Post
    A counter would be very useful. Once the bugs are worked out on KoL's end.

Developer

Note to self (and others) - Start grabbing choice information (this is just from my session logs)

1202 is Noon in the Civic Center, 1 = Grab the briefcase (fancy marzipan briefcase), 2 = Destroy the column (50 sprinkles + Judge Fudge at midnight)
    1203 is Midnight in Civic Center, 1 = Study in the library, 2 = Employ the counterfeiter, ? = Free the robber [using your blowtorch], 4 = Buy some cigarettes (5 gingerbread cigarettes for 5 sprinkles), 5 = Rescue the puppy [using your dog treat]
    1204 is Noon at the Train Station, ? = Dig around in the seat cushions, ? = Study the train schedule
    1205 is Midnight at the Train Station, 1 = Help the men lay some track (mus stats), 3 = Break into the currency exchange [with your crowbar], ? = Explore the dark tunnel [with your candle], 4 = Ride the midnight train
    1206 is Noon in the Industrial Zone, ? = Buy a creme brulee torch (25 sprinkles), 2 = Buy a crowbar (50 sprinkles), 3 = Buy a screwdriver (100 sprinkles), 7 = Nothing today, thanks.
    1207 is Midnight in the Industrial Zone, ? = The seedy bar, 2 = The abandoned factory, ? = The tattoo shop (100000 sprinkles)
    1208 is Upscale Noon, 1 = buy a dog treat, 2 = buy a candle, 3 = buy a latte, 4 = buy some pants, 5 = buy a coat, 6 = buy a hat, 8 = Drop off the negatives at the photo counter/Pick up your photos, 9 = don't buy anything
    1209 is Upscale Midnight, 1 = Get a free "COCKTAIL"
    1210 is Civic Planning Office, 1 = Gentrification Initiative, 2 = Pest Control, 3 = Wall-Thickening, 4 = Digital Clock Tower
    1211 is The Currency Exchange, 1 = Get some Meat (5000 meat), 2 = Get a fat loot token, 3 = Get some sprinkles (250), 4 = Get a diamond, 5 = Get the scales (5 pristine fish scales)
    1212 is Seedy Seedy Seedy. ? = Buy a gun (300 sprinkles), ? = Dance all night, ? = Steal some beer [using your gingerbread mug]
    1213 is The Factory Factor, 1 = Grab some parts, ? Activate the robot [with your gingerservo]

Stuff we'll want to add:
    Track Noon/Midnight encounters in a daily preference
    Get success message on all spend sprinkles non combats and decrement inventory - got most, still waiting some messages
    Daily preference for using counterfeit city
    Equipment smashing into sprinkles, which equipment?
    Track turns/day.
    Is gingerbread dog treat not consumed if familiar has max xp? If so, what is message?
    Daily preference and modifier tracking for no hat summon
    Track new stuff

Completed:

Track city upgrades - done
    Remove Rats and Pigeons from all non-sewer zones after sewer unlocked - done
    Handle three new skillbooks - done?
    Remove ginger mug when stealing beer, get success message - done
    Remove gingerservo when fighting GNG-3-R (at start or end of fight?) - done
    Add chocolate lab - done.
    When all items added, add into outfit (candy necktie, gingerbread trousers, gingerbread waistcoat, gingerbread tophat, candy dress shoes, chocolate pocketwatch - done
    Track alligators made stronger - done.
    gingerbread restraining order is a banish, get success message, handle it - done
    Track banishing skill, get success message - done, no limit, as none yet known
    Last edited by Darzil; 12-16-2016 at 10:50 AM.

Daily preference for no hat summon
    Originally Posted by Darzil View Post
    A way to track its modifier is needed also. Once that is figured out, the same code can be applied to the spades jacket and Sword of Procedural Generation.

Amazing sprinkle drops, not yet in r17470

Code:
    --------------------
    9218	sprinkle-begging cup	401017315	starchcan.gif	offhand	t,d	50
    sprinkle-begging cup	0	Mys: 20
    Item	sprinkle-begging cup	Sprinkle Drop: +50
    --------------------

Do I understand that some (all?) of this Gingerbread gear smashes into Sprinkles?
    Do we know that yet?
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

I've heard that, but I don't know if it has been confirmed that it ALL smashes into sprinkles.

I found some more gear that's not in mafia yet:

Code:
    --------------------
    9238 gingerbread moneybag 405806675 gingerbag.gif offhand 0
    gingerbread moneybag 0 none
    Item gingerbread moneybag Sprinkle Drop: +25
    --------------------

That item kinda annoys me. It's an untradeable offhand item that boosts sprinkle drop only half as much as a tradeable offhand item (sprinkle-begging cup). How in the world is the untradeable item (requiring both noncombats to create) half the power of one that can be bought in the mall at no adventure cost and will one day be super cheap. What was the thinking in that?