New Content - Implemented Thanksgarden buffs vary based on Thanksgarden food eaten

Malibu Stacey

Thanksgetting buff isn't showing up properly in the character info panel in the kolmafia client.
I had the max buff (400% meat drop, 200% item drop, 10 lb Familiar Weight, 9 to all resists for 180 turns) but the meat & item drop weren't being updated with those values. Resistances weren't showing appropriately either.
The familiar weight showed the extra 10 lb though.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
We have the following:

Code:
Effect	Thanksgetting	Meat Drop: +40, Item Drop: +20, Familiar Weight: +1
Effect	Thanksgot	Meat Drop: +80, Item Drop: +40, Familiar Weight: +2, Hot Resistance: +1, Cold Resistance: +1, Stench Resistance: +1, Spooky Resistance: +1, Sleaze Resistance: +1
You say that these are variable? On what?

All the thanksgiving buffs are variable, yes. I haven't actually used them myself, but I think its like this:
Thanksgetting: 40% meat, 20% item, 1 familiar weight and 1 resistance per different cooked thanksgiving food eat, starting at 80/40/2/1 with one eaten (so it shows the 40/20/1/0 above when you haven't eaten any).
Thanksgot is gained when keeping thanksgetting over rollover, I don't know if its just the number of turns, or also keeps the same bonus.

The Good salmonella gives 20% to all stats for every point of fullness. You can get it from eating the raw foods, but it isn't guaranteed (and isn't doubled by mayo, according to the forum thread, but I just submitted a bug report to kol about that and queen cookies).

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Guess is that it is based on number of (different?) Thanksgarden items eaten previously (presumably in day), so [40+40*number] meat, [20+20*number] items, [1+number] familiar weight, [number] all res.

Once spaded we'll have to appropriately increment a counter/tracker and reference the counter in modifiers.txt.
We do not have a "counter/tracker". Nor do we reference the (non-existant) counter/tracker in modifiers.txt.

I think I will leave this to Darzil. ;)

Malibu Stacey

Just to clarify, Thanksgetting is variable. It starts at 80% Meat drop, 40% Item drop, 2 lb Familiar Weight & 1 to all 5 resists for 20 adventures and increases by 40% meat drop, 20% item drop, 1lb Familiar Weight and 1 to all 5 resists with every unique cooked Thanksgarden food eaten (and also adds another 20 adventures to duration).
Since there are 9 unique cooked foods (one for each of the raw foods cooked with the requisite cashew tradable), this means it can get to a maximum of 400% meat drop, 200% Item drop, 10 lb Familiar Weight and 9 to all 5 resists for 180 adventures.
The ingame description for foods which give Thanksgetting is misleading as it shows the buff wrongly as being 40% meat drop, 20% item drop and 1lb Familiar Weight.

As far as I know, Thanksgot is not variable. The only thing that changes is turns of Thanksgetting become the same number of turns of Thanksgot at rollover.

Malibu Stacey

Still not getting the correct values shown in the mafia character info.
Have full Thanksgetting buff & it's showing only +55.00% Item drop with no equips or buffs when it should be closer to +235.00 percent (200% from Thanksgetting, 20% from Mad Looting Skills 10 from Powers of Observatiogn & 5% from the Haunted Ballroom song).

Running v17.5 r17599