My personal Meat farming script

Magus_Prime

I just resumed aftercore in the last two days and, I'm not sure why but, VMF has ended both days by running out of turns and not performing the expected final actions. There's nothing useful in the session log but the script farms Barf Mountain, as expected, hits zero turns and I see this in the gCLI:
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
If I hit escape to stop automation and restart VMF the script closes out the day as expected.

There's no "extra" fullness coming into play as there was with the use of Pantsgiving.

Finally caught it as it happened:

[2494] Barf Mountain
Encounter: garbage tourist
Round 0: Arbos wins initiative!
Round 1: Arbos casts SING ALONG!
Round 2: Arbos executes a macro!
Round 2: Arbos casts POCKET CRUMBS!
Round 3: garbage tourist drops 13 attack power.
Round 3: garbage tourist drops 13 defense.
SimpleSmack queueing... (Monster HP: 100, base profit 0)
→ Action 1: skill 7247
→ Action 2: attack
→ Outcome: You win!
Round 3: Arbos executes a macro!
Round 3: Arbos casts SUMMON LOVE GNATS!
Round 4: Arbos attacks!
Round 5: garbage tourist takes 310 damage.
Round 5: Arbos wins the fight!
After Battle: "Trick or treat!" Purdey yells at your fallen foe. With their last breath, they dump a handful of candy in her bucket. How heartwarming!
After Battle: You gain 18 hit points
After Battle: You gain 24 Muscularity Points
You gain 3105 Meat
After Battle: Indiscernible Asteroid peeks out of the shadows, checks for danger, and sidles up to you with some meat.
You gain 10 Meat.
You acquire an item: bag of park garbage
After Battle: You see a weird thing out of the corner of your eye, and you grab it. Far out, man!
You acquire an item: black sheepskin diploma
After Battle: You notice some extra Meat hidden in the bottom of a filthy rollercoaster car.
You gain 37 Meat.
After Battle: You gain 19 Fortitude
After Battle: You gain 4 Magicalness
After Battle: You gain 9 Chutzpah

Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.

Edit: It happened for four days straight and then did not happen today.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

zarqon

I just resumed aftercore in the last two days and, I'm not sure why but, VMF has ended both days by running out of turns and not performing the expected final actions. There's nothing useful in the session log but the script farms Barf Mountain, as expected, hits zero turns and I see this in the gCLI:

This has been happening for me too ever since I updated the script a week ago (I was four revisions behind current), but only on one of my characters that uses this script. I'm happy to help debug if you point me in the right direction.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I am just about done with a big KoLmafia project. When that's accepted & integrated, I'll be moving back to working on this script for a while.

I have new features in mind, but I'll work on this issue first.

zarqon

A bit more info:

Today, as an experiment, I reverted the changes in r309 (the one about not stopping for autostops) and the script ran as expected; no infinite loop at the end. I think it's safe to say something in that update is causing the loop. Odd that it would only affect my main and not my multis, but perhaps that's due to my main having All the Things.

Magus_Prime

That explains why I didn't see the behavior before now. I was running back-to-back ascensions for the 2022 outfits and then into Grey You runs.
As an extra data-point FWIW: it happened again this morning. Four days in a row, then it didn't happen on one day, now it happened again.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Try revision 310. I went back to 308 and fixed the issue I'd tried to fix (auto stop at The Back Door prematurely ending adventuring) in a different way. I also fixed an issue where it was successfully eating when Pantsgiving gave you extra fullness but wasn't actually using those extra turns.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
By the way, not actually using the extra fullness from Pantsgiving turned out to be from a bug in ASH. I have submitted a fix for the ASH bug, but I also worked around the bug in the script, so the script does not require the new KoLmafia version.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
How odd. Literally nothing was changed regarding the bowling ball from the previous release.

I assume your bowling ball was in the air - leftover from yesterday's run. But, perhaps, for some reason, the "cosmicBowlingBallReturnCombats" setting was not set correctly? Somehow, KoLmafia did not see you use it the last time yesterday?

1) KoL now tells us in api.php if you own a bowling ball (which might not be in inventory).
2) VMF could notice when your bowling ball comes back at the beginning of a combat and set "can_bowl".

I will look at this.

BigVinnie

How odd. Literally nothing was changed regarding the bowling ball from the previous release.

I assume your bowling ball was in the air - leftover from yesterday's run. But, perhaps, for some reason, the "cosmicBowlingBallReturnCombats" setting was not set correctly? Somehow, KoLmafia did not see you use it the last time yesterday?

1) KoL now tells us in api.php if you own a bowling ball (which might not be in inventory).
2) VMF could notice when your bowling ball comes back at the beginning of a combat and set "can_bowl".

I will look at this.
I might have started my meat farming with the Ball in the air. I'll check again today.

Thanks for the quick response!

UPDATE: Yup, the Cosmic Bowling Ball is working now. I don't know what I did yesterday to break it, but it was likely something specific to me. Sorry for the false report!

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
As released, it thinks you have a cosmic bowling ball if you have one in inventory or it is (temporarily) away from you, based on "cosmicBowlingBallReturnCombats". Since you can only use it if the combat skill is available, I changed the combat filter to depend only on that.

Unfortunately, Sourceforge is not letting me connect to my repository; it is asking me for my password, and is rejecting it.

Hopefully they will fix that.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Latest version stopped for me today with 366 adventures left.

Request 12 of 347 (Dinseylandfill: Barf Mountain) in progress...

[2446] Barf Mountain
Encounter: The Back Door
The Back Door

Selling loot obtained while adventuring

Visiting the Maintenance Tunnels
Submitting option 6 for choice 1067
You acquire FunFunds™ (3)

:-(

P.S. - This is the character that had the problem before. They just finished a Grey You run. I did several things to level up, including running VMF when it would use the Office Building, which worked as expected. This was the first run since going into aftercore that was allowed in Barf Mountain.

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Try again with revision 313.
Is that character going to do another Grey You run?
Do they have a Grey Goose?
Can you get me a DEBUG log of the goose absorbing an enemy during combat? Not on April Fools day? ;)

Magus_Prime

I'm planning to start another Grey You run tomorrow and I have a Grey Goose. I should be able to get you the debug logs then.