My personal Meat farming script

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Is the new property really VMF.GingerbreadCity? :)

I had a hard power related computer crash that trashed one character's settings file. It has been interesting recovering because VMF works best if it can buy from the mall, buy from coinmasters, etc. and if settings that try and override defaults actually use the same case. None of this is VMF's fault but at the moment I am hypersensitive to the difference between VMF.NightCap and VMF.Nightcap.

Tangentially because Veracity scripts and some zlib scripts as well have adopted the convention of only storing settings that change from the default, the ability to discover things using prefref or the settings text file is diminished. I'd love the ability to type "vprefref VMF" and have a prefref type display that included VMF preferences that were set to their default as well as ones I have changed. Not to hard to build with awk but...

(zarqon's implementation has a defaults file and his relay script prefrefplus displays a merge from the default and user settings file but his autobuilding of the defaults file sometimes gives interesting results when multiple characters are played).

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Sigh. Revison 290 makes it VMF.GuzzlrCocktailSet

I like not having excess preferences, and that was a design goal of vprops, but having documentation and the ability to see defaults was a discussion point when I introduced vprops, and he and others did their own script property management implementations.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
The display of preferences is a convenience item. It became important (for example) when the character who needed preferences rebuilt ran VMF and ended up overdrunk. I knew there was a preference for that. vprefref would have been my preferred solution, in part because there is less visual clutter. prefref on a character who remained sober sufficed and there always was
"vi VeracityMeatFarm.ash" so this is more about the easiest way, IMO, to get the information rather than whether it is available, or not.

It does make me wonder about whether an ash script can obtain the contents of another script as a string. :)

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Got this today.

Validating configuration.
VMF.ItemFamiliar: '' is unavailable.
VMF.FamiliarEquipment: 'ittah bittah hookah' is unavailable; using whatever is equipped.
Correct those errors and try again.
Stack trace:
at validate_configuration (VeracityMeatFarm.ash:2904)
at main (VeracityMeatFarm.ash:8607)

I am running a local mod but SVN only shows one line different. (static location SHRINE = $location[ Noob Cave ]; to allow voting monsters to be fought). The usual "nothing changed" disclaimers apply and will probably be found to be incorrect.

VMF.ItemFamiliar was never set for this character. Setting it to none from the gCLI doesn't change the behavior.

Could be a side effect of the forum change and zlib (unnecessarily, IMO) checking for updates but since VMF does not depend on zlib it would have to be a second order effect.

I also note that KoLmafia doesn't seem to know about all my familiars so perhaps something didn't get initialized properly. r20483. I did have some network hiccups while logging in.

P.S. And indeed that is the case - I logged back in, mafia knows about my familiars and VMF is running.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Not sure what is happening. I ran VMF and it failed getting Ode from a bot. SevenLances_com was probably online according to the GUI so I asked for 25 turns of Ode and got them. I then restarted VMF and it failed. See the screenshot which shows that there are at least some turns of Ode but VMF is not willing to proceed without getting more.

I would like VMF not to stop but I am certainly prepared to be educated as to why it should stop :) Is there a reason SevenLances_com is not checked as a buff source? Is there an option I have missed to drink even if enough turns of Ode are not available? Thank you.

Capture.JPG

Magus_Prime

I tried to use the Ghost of Crimbo Commerce as the value for VMF.MeatFamiliar and that worked fine but that familiar can't equip anything. I couldn't find a way to tell VMF to leave the familiar non-equipment alone. Am I missing something?

killmetohell

The script won't run for me keeps stopping because this error
Unknown variable 'monster_set' (VeracityMeatFarm.ash, line 310)
do you know how to fix this? The error happen sometime ago for me and seem like updating mafia isn't fixing it right now i'm using mafia 20612.

Last edited:
Heres a suggestion:
If you have Ezandora's bastille script run the command before maximizing for adventures so you have the draftsman gloves and the meat buff from the bastille

bastille whatever mainstat is, draftsman, gesture

hesuchia

So I got the voter booth the other day and for some reason today the script keeps trying to go to Overgrown Shrine (Northwest) and aborting. It has the voter sticker equipped so I assume it's trying to do something with it, but not sure what's happening.

Edit: I'm guessing since today's the first day I voted, there's no vote monsters around til tomorrow? I'm new to how this IotM works so hopefully it's just an issue today, but yeah I manually adventured and then ran it again and it waited 10 turns and did the same thing.

Edit 2: Nope I kept the badge equipped and went to barf mountain and fought a ghost. Not sure why it tries the overgrown shrine at all.

Edit 3: Ok setting the choice adventure to unlock apartments or get stone triangle somehow magically fixed it lol.

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
So I got the voter booth the other day and for some reason today the script keeps trying to go to Overgrown Shrine (Northwest) and aborting. It has the voter sticker equipped so I assume it's trying to do something with it, but not sure what's happening.

Edit: I'm guessing since today's the first day I voted, there's no vote monsters around til tomorrow? I'm new to how this IotM works so hopefully it's just an issue today, but yeah I manually adventured and then ran it again and it waited 10 turns and did the same thing.

Edit 2: Nope I kept the badge equipped and went to barf mountain and fought a ghost. Not sure why it tries the overgrown shrine at all.

Edit 3: Ok setting the choice adventure to unlock apartments or get stone triangle somehow magically fixed it lol.
Start reading from https://kolmafia.us/threads/my-personal-meat-farming-script.20933/page-29#post-157970

Wandering monsters no longer occur in the Shrine. There is a local fix I did to send the Shrine to Noob cave but AFAIK it has not been officially fixed.

MCroft

Developer
Staff member
This may be unrelated to the Meat Farming script.

One of the things I saw recently on another discussion was a bit about telling KoLmafia "adventure in the Shrine for 4 turns" with the "Don't count free adventures" checkbox checked. If you have an ancient machete equipped, your first 3 adventures are free. Then you use 1 to unlock the building, then you keep going back to the shrine, because it's only adventured there once. I don't know if this is what you're seeing, but it's a common way to get into a loop with the shrines.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
This may be unrelated to the Meat Farming script.

One of the things I saw recently on another discussion was a bit about telling KoLmafia "adventure in the Shrine for 4 turns" with the "Don't count free adventures" checkbox checked. If you have an ancient machete equipped, your first 3 adventures are free. Then you use 1 to unlock the building, then you keep going back to the shrine, because it's only adventured there once. I don't know if this is what you're seeing, but it's a common way to get into a loop with the shrines.

If you read my first report of this and Veracity's subsequent comment, it was simply a KoL change about wandering monsters being allowed to appear in the Shrine. It should be noted that this script is explicitly supported for aftercore but not necessarily in run, so the script assumes that the shrines have already been cleared and the big boss had been defeated. The one line fix I posted above has been working for me for several months.

I think the only issue is that Veracity has not yet dealt with this.

hesuchia

Yeah as a follow-up, though setting my choice adventure stopped aborting it, it also doesn't seem to be fighting any of the right monsters. So I'll probably just tweak it like you did.

I assume you changed
Code:
static location SHRINE = $location[ An Overgrown Shrine (Northwest) ];
so that it's
Code:
static location SHRINE = $location[ Noob Cave ];
instead? Or does the location have a "The" in front of it?

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Yeah as a follow-up, though setting my choice adventure stopped aborting it, it also doesn't seem to be fighting any of the right monsters. So I'll probably just tweak it like you did.

I assume you changed
Code:
static location SHRINE = $location[ An Overgrown Shrine (Northwest) ];
so that it's
Code:
static location SHRINE = $location[ Noob Cave ];
instead? Or does the location have a "The" in front of it?

The code I have been running with doesn't have the "The".

hesuchia

Ok just changing that isn't good. Script is enjoying fighting crates. I'll just have to wait for an official fix lol.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Ok just changing that isn't good. Script is enjoying fighting crates. I'll just have to wait for an official fix lol.

[17561] Noob Cave
Encounter: government bureaucrat

Works for me.

Have you voted before running VMF? I don't expect it to do so so I always do it manually.

Have you configured VMF to fight them?

VMF.FightVoteMonsters
VMF.WorthyVoteMonsters

Look in the script for documentation or read https://kolmafia.us/threads/my-personal-meat-farming-script.20933/page-20#post-150291

Sorry I didn't remember this before. I had things configured to fight and then KoLmafia changed and my one line fix restored it to working.

hesuchia

Yesterday I did forget to vote first, but today I voted first and it still went to noob cave early and just fought crates til I manually aborted. Additionally, I glanced at the equipment before aborting and it didn't have the badge equipped, so I guess some other reference to SHRINE triggered with no end condition being satisfied.

On a weird side note, it also aborted both yesterday and today when a ghost dog choice adventure came up, even though I have the choices set for all of those and it operates fine in other zones.

Last edited: