My personal Meat farming script

Do I edit my own diet under "Eating, Drinking, and Spleening" in the script?

If so, how do I specify what amount to consume for each item?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
It's not currently configurable. The items listed in that section are simply some of the no-brainer diet used by the eat_up, drink_up, and spleen_up functions. You'd have to modify those functions - or manually do consumption before beginning - to change them.

On the To Do list at the top of the file:

// Improve food, booze, and spleen choices (or make configurable).

Considering I'll soon be looking at those functions, now that the mime army shotglass will let you get an extra 1-drunk booze, I'll spend some time thinking about this and come up with a proposal/plan.

It's not currently configurable. The items listed in that section are simply some of the no-brainer diet used by the eat_up, drink_up, and spleen_up functions. You'd have to modify those functions - or manually do consumption before beginning - to change them.

On the To Do list at the top of the file:

// Improve food, booze, and spleen choices (or make configurable).

Considering I'll soon be looking at those functions, now that the mime army shotglass will let you get an extra 1-drunk booze, I'll spend some time thinking about this and come up with a proposal/plan.

Awesome, thank you again for your continuous updates! Only thing missing is an optimized diet imo.

stumpsmcgee

Net income = 1,136,199 Meat in 281 turns. Meat/Adventure = 4,043
Cumulative income = 342,809,137 Meat in 83,455 turns. Meat/Adventure = 4,107

Man my Meat/Adventure is ~3600 I must be missing something, I have pretty much every ITOM.

Also my quick and dirty solution to the mime shot glass is to change the beginning of the script to:

// Consume to gain adventures
eat_up();
drink_up();
drink_up();
spleen_up();

Man my Meat/Adventure is ~3600 I must be missing something, I have pretty much every ITOM.

Also my quick and dirty solution to the mime shot glass is to change the beginning of the script to:

// Consume to gain adventures
eat_up();
drink_up();
drink_up();
spleen_up();

Are you setting a mood? Here's mine:
Barf Meat mood.JPG

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
By the way, regarding spleen:

I am considering allowing people to configure food/booze/toxins they want to use. Most people will no longer be interested in spleen, but it is a factor in using Numberology. And, of course, Sweet Synthesis.

So, if no spleen items are configured and you can't Calculate the Universe or synthesize candy, no spleen.

If you know both skills, use them as currently, except stop filling spleen after you've used all of your numberology and have as much of the appropriate synthesis buff as is needed.
If you know Sweet Synthesis and not Numberology, fill up on the buff and stop.
If you know Numberology and not Sweet Synthesis, use the cheapest possible 1 toxicity spleen item (if needed) to use your numberology.

So, it's not completely trivial. It will require a bit more design than I just sketched out. I think the main change will be 1) stop spleening when no more benefit is to be had and 2) use something cheaper than wads once you are done synthesizing, if you still have numberology casts available.

finaltidus

For some reason when running this script none of my pre-adventure scripts will work until I hit the barf mt. non-combat. Why is this? Is it an issue on my side/is it fixable?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Interesting. pre-adventure/post-adventure scripts run when "automating" adventures, but this script does not use KoLmafia's automation.
Are you saying that when you hit the (first) barf mountain NC, your scripts will run from then on? Or just on the NC? Or what?

finaltidus

nothing until I hit the NC then it works normally every adventure after it, not a huge deal but for the first 10-20 turns of no buff upkeep or libramburn is a bit sad.

finaltidus

Ok I did some more testing and I figured out some more strange behavior. It might just be coincidence but the scripts not running until the NC only happens if I don't run any other pre-adventure script manually. So if I log on and run your farm script I get NO pre-adventure script calls until the NC happens. BUT If I call any of my pre-adv scripts before running your script (like using nuns then libramburn) the script will run normally the entire time with no issues. I have no idea if it's a mafia issue or what but I have worked around it by just adding a specific call to run the libramburn script before calling your script.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
(I was going to test that today, but I got distracted. Sorry! Soon, I hope.)

Revision 93 understands that normal spleen items no longer give turns. The script no longer uses spleen as a source of adventures, but only for the following reasons:

- Sweet Synthesis
- chewing the appropriate abstractions if you are configured to get abstraction: comprehension in the DMT
- wad (as the currently cheapest 1 spleen item) to space out to next opportunity to Calculate the Universe, if you are done synthesizing

There are still spleen items which give turns, and if you have spleen space left after doing the above three, perhaps we could use them, if they are worth it, given your expected MPA. Or perhaps you have other effects you want. In any case, I think that will wait until I allow you to configure the food/booze/spleen items you want to use.

Next feature will be support for the mime army shotglass. I think that will require you to configure the 1-drunk drink you want to use for it.

And I want to write a Spacegate script that I can call from here (much as I did for the Gingerbread City), since I think I'm willing to make a daily run through there to try looking for the rare alien artifacts. Or perhaps the anomalous animal and plant products. Or something.

And I need to look at the actual reported bug. ;)

Magus_Prime

It would be fantastic if farming for the rare alien items in the Spacegate were added to the script. One request: allow for buffing HP and a custom outfit when doing so.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I'm going to start work this weekend, I expect, on a standalone Spacegate script (like my Gingerbread City script) which will be able to configure and run on its own, and which this script will optionally call before diving into Barf Mountain.

I have exactly the same desire as you: if I am in extended aftercare and am simply meat farming, I'd like to use my daily Spacegate run to look for the rare items.

Magus_Prime

Would you entertain, with favor, the idea of using the KGB Briefcase +meat buff by the script? Probably leaving it up to the player to ensure the briefcase setting is known before attempting to use it.

I noticed, yesterday, after running the script that none of the Source Terminal "extrudes" were used at the end of the day. In looking through the script I see code to handle extruding things from the Source Terminal but I don't see a VMF variable to control what to extrude. Am I missing something?

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Would you entertain, with favor, the idea of using the KGB Briefcase +meat buff by the script? Probably leaving it up to the player to ensure the briefcase setting is known before attempting to use it.
I'll look into it. Never really used KGB buffs.

I noticed, yesterday, after running the script that none of the Source Terminal "extrudes" were used at the end of the day. In looking through the script I see code to handle extruding things from the Source Terminal but I don't see a VMF variable to control what to extrude. Am I missing something?
I think you are missing something.

Code:
// Which Source Terminal extrusions to create
//
// booze.ext		(10) hacked gibson - 4 fullness EPIC booze
// food.ext		(10) browser cookie - 4 fullness EPIC food
// goggles.ext		(100) Source shades - (non-tradable) accessory: Item Drop +10, improves Extract
// gram.ext		(100) Source terminal GRAM chip - (non-tradeable) Source Terminal upgrade (up to 10 usable)
// pram.ext		(100) Source terminal PRAM chip - (non-tradeable) Source Terminal upgrade (up to 10 usable)
// spam.ext		(100) Source terminal SPAM chip - (non-tradeable) Source Terminal upgrade (up to 10 usable)
// cram.ext		(1000) Source terminal CRAM chip - (non-tradeable) Source Terminal upgrade
// dram.ext		(1000) Source terminal DRAM chip - (non-tradeable) Source Terminal upgrade
// tram.ext		(1000) Source terminal TRAM chip - (non-tradeable) Source Terminal upgrade
// familiar.ext		(10000) software bug - familiar

string [int] desired_extrusions = define_property( "VMF.SourceTerminalExtrusions", "string", "", "list" ).to_list_of_string();
So, for example, do this:

set VMF.SourceTerminalExtrusions="booze.ext|booze.ext|booze.ext"