My personal Meat farming script

Kohanalily

I'm new to KolMafia, does this script only work with high level places or hard to get places like DisneyLandfill etc. I don't have any IOTMs and looking for a good script to help me farm meat to get some. What is the expected amount for a character like mine per day? Thank you

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I'm new to KolMafia, does this script only work with high level places or hard to get places like DisneyLandfill etc. I don't have any IOTMs and looking for a good script to help me farm meat to get some. What is the expected amount for a character like mine per day? Thank you

It will adventure in the Hidden Office Building if it can't get to the landfill. I don't recall what other options there may be but the beginning of the script contains extensive documentation. I just got 1250 meat per adventure there with a character with comparatively low resources. The same character can double that in the Landfill so a little algebra can suggest whether it is worth buying a one day ticket or not.

finaltidus

The last few days I have been getting an error that is causing the script to stop (I get "You are currently in a multi-stage fight.") I haven't changed anything recently (im pretty sure..) so it is confusing me.

This only happens on the last adv of the day. I do use thumb ring and the script will still run those extra advs. The last adv though it just gives the error and stops, I have to complete the fight manually + none of the auto sell/use park garbage stuff runs.

EDIT: it seems to have fixed itself after I couple days... weird. I keep getting funky stuff happening maybe i need to reinstall mafia or something :/

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Would you consider having the script use the Fortune Teller meat buff if it is available when the script is run? Thank you.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I'll look into making the script get the Fortune Teller NPC buff that you configure, defaulting to the Meat one, I guess.
I just started paying attention to the Fortune Teller.

If I have the dinsey ticket, will the script take into account the possibility of visiting dinsey to farm for meat?
Or do I have to actually use the ticket in order of the script to consider dinsey?

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
If I have the dinsey ticket, will the script take into account the possibility of visiting dinsey to farm for meat?
Or do I have to actually use the ticket in order of the script to consider dinsey?

I have always used the ticket before running the script.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
It's not coded to recognize the ticket; it recognizes if Barf Mountain is currently available. I.e., you used the charter or already used the ticket.

I can add a setting to use the ticket if you have one, since if you have the ticket, that's a fair assumption.

Weekend is almost here. I probably have time to look at outstanding issues with the script.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 94 will use a "one day pass to Dinseylandfill" if you happen to have one available and if setting VMF.UseDinseylandfillTicket is true. That's its default value; seems to me that if somebody purchased such a thing, they want to use it.

I could be persuaded to make the default false, if there is disagreement about that...

I'll look at other outstanding issues/suggestions tomorrow. Like the Fortune Teller.

Revision 94 will use a "one day pass to Dinseylandfill" if you happen to have one available and if setting VMF.UseDinseylandfillTicket is true. That's its default value; seems to me that if somebody purchased such a thing, they want to use it.

I could be persuaded to make the default false, if there is disagreement about that...

I'll look at other outstanding issues/suggestions tomorrow. Like the Fortune Teller.

Thanks for the quick update! :)

I'll purchase and stockpile tickets to give to clannies or sell. Granted it's trivial to change that pref to False...but others could conceivably be burnt.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
It will only use a one-day ticket if you otherwise do not have access to Dinseylandfill. So, those who have the charter shouldn't be affected by this.

Code:
void enable_adventure_locations()
{
    if ( farm_location == BARF_MOUNTAIN && !stench_airport_available ) {
	// This will be true only if user asked to use a one-day ticket
	// and one is available to us
	if ( !retrieve_item( 1, DINSEY_TICKET ) ) {
	    abort( "Failed to acquire a one-day ticket to Dinseylandfill" );
	}
	use( 1, DINSEY_TICKET );
	stench_airport_available = true;
    }
}

Two things I've been doing manually, getting bacon and buying the print button. Print button + 4d camera to fax embezzler. Something to add? :p

EDIT: Print button is more profitable to sell on mall, my bad I've just written a basic script to do this.

Last edited:

Magus_Prime

Hello,

Would you be willing to consider one addition to the script?

After completing a PokeFam run the Pirate Ship is not available as an adventuring location; unless you do so in aftercore. Almost the first thing the script does is make sure that the lil pirate costume is in inventory. If it isn't there then the script tries to adventure on the pirate ship to get one. Suggestion: if the pirate ship isn't an available adventuring zone then go to either the Pirate Cove or to Barrney's until a combat encounter occurs.

Thank you,

Magus