Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: My personal Meat farming script

My Meat Drop and Item Drop outfits both have different forms of the Great Ball of Frozen Fire but mafia seems to have trouble folding it as necessary. Am I missing a setting or can this be accounted for in the script?

Sorry for not responding earlier. This script uses the "outfit" command/function to switch outfits. My impression is that since that command "acquires" items as necessary - which should include folding - that should just work. Seems like it should be easy enough to test: make two outfits, each with a different form of a foldable item, put said item in inventory, and alternate "outfit A" and "outfit B" commands.

I'll try it, by and by, and write up a bug report if I have a reproducible case.

In any case, no, this script has no settings to handle this since doing the right thing SHOULD be core KoLmafia functionality. And it it isn't working, I'd prefer to fix KoLmafia, rather than coding up a workaround in the script.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

I don't think there has ever been any claim that "acquire" should "fold" to accomplish its goal. I've certainly never expected it to.

Well... it is allowed to "create" items - and, to my eye, folding is a way to do that. I have, literally, all the foldable items, but, back in the day, I'd buy multiples of each foldable IOTM so I didn't have to actually fold them. (Loathing Legion knife being an exception to that. All the Elemental ones, for sure, though.)

Perhaps making a Creation Method - and defining recipes that use it - for foldables would be a reasonable Feature Request, which, if implemented, would solve this? It would work well for people that had exactly one item in a particular fold group, but not, perhaps, so well for people who have multiple items; which one should it (unequip and) fold?
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

Should it use the mime shotglass automatically or does it need to be coded to know you have it?

As far as I know, there is nothing you need to do to use it, other than having it in inventory.

I have it on my to-do list to be aware that your first 1 inebriety drink is "free" in that case and to drink another one. I'll look at this when I am done farming for cheer and using all my fullness/inebriety via manual consumption before I do the mimes, which is before I run this script.

Release 92 adds support for the Mumming Trunk.

Code:
    // *** Mumming Trunk *********

// Costume to wear
    //
    // "none"				Don't wear a costume
    //
    // "muscle"				Saint Patrick - extra Muscle stats after combat
    // "mysticality"			Oliver Cromwell - extra Mysticality stats after combat
    // "moxie"				Miss Funny - extra Moxie stats after combat
    // "mainstat"				(one of the above, based on your class's mainstat)
    //
    // "hp"					The Doctor - restore HP after combat
    // "mp"					Beelzebub - restore mp after combat
    // 
    // "item" or "item drop"		Prince George - increase item drops
    // "meat" or "meat drop"		The Captain - increase Meat drops
    //
    // You can also use the costume name, if you wish

string mumming_costume = define_property( "VMF.MummingCostume", "string", "none" ).to_string();
    I suppose there could be a setting to choose "meat drop" or "item drop" depending on what you have set in VMF.FarmType - although farming for "items" is not well tested; there is surely a lot more that could be done for that.

I am also not 100% that I put on the costume early enough; I do it after the free fights and such, and it seems like it should be done before any fights.

I'll probably fix that when I do the mime shot glass thing.
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

Well... it is allowed to "create" items - and, to my eye, folding is a way to do that.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    Not according to what I see in the code. Acquire (aka retrieve?) know how to create, but neither knows how to fold.

"acquire" is the CLI command. "retrieve_item" is the ASH function.
    Both call ItemManager.retrieveItem.

When I said "to my eye", I was stating my philosophical belief that "folding" is a type of "creation" and, since that method can "create", it SHOULD be able to "fold".

I was not saying that I "used my eyes to look at the code" and saw that it operated that way currently.
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

Net income = 1,676,602 Meat in 415 turns. Meat/Adventure = 4,040
    Cumulative income = 252,066,659 Meat in 61,001 turns. Meat/Adventure = 4,132
    Quarter billion farmed to date. Who needs the MMG when we've got Veracity!

Net income = 1,136,199 Meat in 281 turns. Meat/Adventure = 4,043
    Cumulative income = 342,809,137 Meat in 83,455 turns. Meat/Adventure = 4,107

342 million myself to date