Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35

Thread: My personal Meat farming script

I noticed that myself after G Lover, when I use this script for the rest of the last day before diving through the gap. My workaround is to simply go to Barrrney's Barrr for a combat. I suppose if I'd not gotten the swashbuckling getup during the run (which I always do, so I can get a bridge), the script could go to Obligatory Pirate Cove.

I'll be freeing the king in a few minutes. I'll look into improving the "get a pirate costume" function.

(By the way - the reason for the pirate fledges is because BelowDecks has no non-combats and you can therefore get the costume with at most one turn of combat, modulo time pranks or other wanderers.)
    Last edited by Veracity; 07-08-2018 at 03:30 PM.

Revision 102 will fight a pirate Belowdecks if you have pirate fledges, in Barrrney's Barrr if you have Swashbuckling Getup, or at the Obligatory Pirate Cove if you have none of those.

I suppose it could/should go to the Poop Deck with pirate fledges, in case you haven't unlocked Belowdecks, although if I have pirate fledges, it is because I took the pirate path to the Palindome.

Interesting. Finished a G-Lover Normal (since I have all the g-points I need and want to make sure I finish my in-season G-Lover runs while I can still upgrade my Garland, just in case you can only do that in-season) run.

Made lots of mistakes, since day one was running as if I were Hardcore, rather than Normal, since it had been so long since I'd thought about "pulling" things.

But, had 50+ turns left after freeing the King.

Got my facsimile dictionary and went to the script to burn the remainder of my turns.

Since I had the Swashbuckling Getup and no pirate Fledges, it went to Barrrney's Barrr - and very first adventure was a choiceadv which changes based on your class - and it took the option that gave me 3 drunk and stats, leaving me overdrunk.

Perhaps I didn't have my choice options set correctly - but this script should not do that to you.

If we adventure in the Barrr to get the li'l pirate costume, I'll make it set the choice option, based on mainstat, to NOT get you overdrunk.

(I know there is code to make the Relay Browser spoilers show you what you'll really get, but since I normally never automate, I had no idea how we handle that setting. It's time to learn...)

(Little harm done; I ascended and started day one of my next G-Lover run - and made decent use of my day one pulls, in my opinion, given that I wasn't actually going to run all the turns for day one.)

Revision 103 guards against that.

Revision 107 soups up food consumption.

- If you have Spaghetti Breakfast and have not used it today, eat one of those first
    - If you have jumping horseradishes in inventory, eat up to 5 of them (the number per day you can generate with a Witchess Set)
    - If you have access to Dinseylandfill, eat as many Dinsey food-cones as you can afford
    - Fill up remaining fullness using one of two strategies:

boolean calculate_optimal_consumables = define_property( "VMF.OptimalConsumables", "boolean", "false" ).to_boolean();

If VMF.OptimalConsumables is false (the default)

- Eat as many 3-full foods from (an expanded) list as possible
    - Fill up the rest of the way from (an expanded) list of 1-full foods

By and by, I will make those lists configurable.

If VMF.OptimalConsumables is true:

- Use vcon's calculations of "most profitable" (expected meat gain - cost) foods to fill up with a decent approximation of maximum expected profit

xKiv has a real optimal approach. I'll look at it, by and by.

I keep getting an error of "Don't know how to retrieve a (unknown item -1)" after it searches through all the various drinks with 1 drunkenness left.

I poked through the code a bit, I have no robortender.
    Last edited by darkerfalz; 09-16-2018 at 03:03 PM.

You don't need a robortender; you just need to be able to buy a robortender drink in the mall, since those are the most cost-effective 1-drunk drink.

I guess if your expected "profit" per adventure is lower than that price - in which case you are expected to LOSE money if you buy and drink the drink - we won't find a cost effective drink.

Hmm. We currently only get prices for "awesome" and "EPIC" drinks. if your MPA is too low, maybe we need to look even lower?

I'll investigate.

I don't see how that could happen unless you have value of adventure set really low.

Revision 108 will assume that your expected Meat Per Adventure is at least 500, regardless of the value of various properties.

That is plenty high enough to be able to afford a robortender drink.

That would probably happen if I forgot to set it, right? Oops.

...out of curiosity, where would I set that?
    Last edited by darkerfalz; 09-17-2018 at 01:43 AM.

Well, the default KoLmafia setting "valueOfAdventure" is 500. If you have never run this script before, that is what it would use.
    If you have run this script before, it will calculate expected earnings based on actual values: what it spent vs. what it earned.

Now, even my characters who have no IOTMs and have never ascended are getting ~1700 or so Meat per Adventure, calculated as (total Meat found - total costs). That is plenty good enough to eat and drink awesome or EPIC things which give you lots of adventures.

It is a very recent change to have your expected profit actually be a factor; there used to be a hardcoded list of things it would consider looking at. In particular, if it wanted a robortender drink, it chose the cheapest in the mall - which is still what it does, but now it's going through my new vcon library, which does take expected profit into account. I'm not sure how you could end up with a very low meat per adventure value unless you let it eat & drink - spending Meat - and then aborted it after just a few turns. That could give you a NEGATIVE expected yield. I did not consider that possibility.

You let the script run to completion over the course of several days, and you'll end up with a reasonably accurate expected profit value.

In the mean time, it assumes you'll get at least 500 meat per adventure, on average, and should be able to get you good things to eat and drink within that constraint.

You didn't "forget to do" anything. I very recently changed the code to look at different values which were, perhaps, not suitable for brand new users of the script - but which are giving all of my characters a whole lot more Meat per day.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Hope it works well for you now!