My personal Meat farming script

While its true that it's meat positive, it's even more effective to eat horseradishes and/or thanksgarden foods, the +meat buffs that gets you makes up for the lower adventures (especially if you have a mayo clinic to double the buff durations).

Edit: And the massive price difference between sliders and pickle juices right now means that the pickle juices are not economical, compared to (mugged) perfect drinks anyway.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
The script will use horseradishes currently. I should consider making it use more of them.

It also uses a mayo clinic - if available but to add adventures. Which is good, but I wasn't even aware of the doubling buff thing; although I've had the clinic since it came out, I only started using it after the snow machine left standard...

I should also look into using (even non-mugged) perfect drinks rather than SHC drinks; the extra turngen more than makes up for the increased price.

Perhaps I will have time to work in this this weekend, although I expect a fair amount of my programming time will be spent on the Stanford Machine Learning course I am taking on Coursera until I finish said course December...

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
With a character who has no IOTMs and who has never ascended, and thus lacks most skills.

Yesterday:

Net income = 523,350 Meat in 298 turns. Meat/Adventure = 1,756
Cumulative income = 141,803,128 Meat in 80,582 turns. Meat/Adventure = 1,759

Today:

Net income = 613,640 Meat in 344 turns. Meat/Adventure = 1,783
Cumulative income = 142,401,790 Meat in 80,926 turns. Meat/Adventure = 1,759

Turngen from perfect drinks certainly helped today more than more expensive drinks hindered.

Revision 89

zarqon

Hey Veracity,

I've installed this and am running it on a multi, which is having great meatresults. Thanks for sharing this.

Said multi doesn't have a store though, which causes the script to print many red messages as it keeps trying to sell items at the end of the day.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Wow!

Never considered that, but I see no reason this shouldn't be simple to fix.

I'll look into it soon-ish. If I have a question, I'll ask. Otherwise, stay tuned.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Sorry for the delay. Revision 90 will not attempt to mallsell anything if you don't have a mall store.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 91 provides preliminary support for making genie wishes.

VMF.GenieWishes is a list of strings, each specifying a wish. The default is "item pocket wish|item pocket wish|item pocket wish", since I figure you can always just use your pocket wish if you change your mind. If you want full manual control, set it to "".

Each wish is an argument to use verbatim for the "genie" command. The script does not currently validate the wishes.

For genie wishes - and now deck cheats - the script will now use VMF.CopyFamiliar and your Meat or Item outfit, depending on whether you configured the script to look for items or Meat - before asking for wishes or cheating cards. This is because you might be asking for a fight. This is the same familiar you use for Fax (and copied) monsters. I figured that if you are intentionally seeking a particular fight, you'll want to use that familiar. That might not be valid for deck pulls, since those give you random monsters.

I need to think about this a bit more. Suggestions are welcome. Also on the to-do list is only doing this if you actually ARE asking for a fight via wish or deck pull.

Last edited:

zarqon

Excellent. Thanks Veracity!

After the multi had such great success, I have set it up to run on my main as well to burn turns in aftercore. Since my main has quite a bit more IotMs than the multi, it's been fun seeing the script take advantage of everything. Only thing I've changed is that as a bit of a hoarder, I don't wish to sell all the things at the end, so I've removed that bit on my local copy. I prefer to accumulate and then do periodic inventory purges with Bale's OCD script (which I run maybe twice a year).

The first time I ran this I didn't catch it before it started using/selling and made a cool 3 million from using bags of park garbage! My MPA was quite high for that day. :)

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
None of my characters has Airport access. I double my yield and still come out ahead buying one day charters. But sometimes I forget. Is there an existing setting that would abort if there was no airport access or might such a setting be a reasonable feature request? I can certainly protect myself from my own forgetfulness by writing a wrapper but I figured I would ask first.

gausie

D̰͕̝͚̤̥̙̐̇̑͗̒e͍͔͎͈͔ͥ̉̔̅́̈l̠̪̜͓̲ͧ̍̈́͛v̻̾ͤe͗̃ͥ̐̊ͬp̔͒ͪ
Staff member
My Meat Drop and Item Drop outfits both have different forms of the Great Ball of Frozen Fire but mafia seems to have trouble folding it as necessary. Am I missing a setting or can this be accounted for in the script?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Sorry for not responding earlier. This script uses the "outfit" command/function to switch outfits. My impression is that since that command "acquires" items as necessary - which should include folding - that should just work. Seems like it should be easy enough to test: make two outfits, each with a different form of a foldable item, put said item in inventory, and alternate "outfit A" and "outfit B" commands.

I'll try it, by and by, and write up a bug report if I have a reproducible case.

In any case, no, this script has no settings to handle this since doing the right thing SHOULD be core KoLmafia functionality. And it it isn't working, I'd prefer to fix KoLmafia, rather than coding up a workaround in the script. :)

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I don't think there has ever been any claim that "acquire" should "fold" to accomplish its goal. I've certainly never expected it to.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Well... it is allowed to "create" items - and, to my eye, folding is a way to do that. I have, literally, all the foldable items, but, back in the day, I'd buy multiples of each foldable IOTM so I didn't have to actually fold them. (Loathing Legion knife being an exception to that. All the Elemental ones, for sure, though.)

Perhaps making a Creation Method - and defining recipes that use it - for foldables would be a reasonable Feature Request, which, if implemented, would solve this? It would work well for people that had exactly one item in a particular fold group, but not, perhaps, so well for people who have multiple items; which one should it (unequip and) fold?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
As far as I know, there is nothing you need to do to use it, other than having it in inventory.

I have it on my to-do list to be aware that your first 1 inebriety drink is "free" in that case and to drink another one. I'll look at this when I am done farming for cheer and using all my fullness/inebriety via manual consumption before I do the mimes, which is before I run this script.

Release 92 adds support for the Mumming Trunk.

Code:
// *** Mumming Trunk *********

// Costume to wear
//
// "none"				Don't wear a costume
//
// "muscle"				Saint Patrick - extra Muscle stats after combat
// "mysticality"			Oliver Cromwell - extra Mysticality stats after combat
// "moxie"				Miss Funny - extra Moxie stats after combat
// "mainstat"				(one of the above, based on your class's mainstat)
//
// "hp"					The Doctor - restore HP after combat
// "mp"					Beelzebub - restore mp after combat
// 
// "item" or "item drop"		Prince George - increase item drops
// "meat" or "meat drop"		The Captain - increase Meat drops
//
// You can also use the costume name, if you wish

string mumming_costume = define_property( "VMF.MummingCostume", "string", "none" ).to_string();
I suppose there could be a setting to choose "meat drop" or "item drop" depending on what you have set in VMF.FarmType - although farming for "items" is not well tested; there is surely a lot more that could be done for that.

I am also not 100% that I put on the costume early enough; I do it after the free fights and such, and it seems like it should be done before any fights.

I'll probably fix that when I do the mime shot glass thing.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
"acquire" is the CLI command. "retrieve_item" is the ASH function.
Both call ItemManager.retrieveItem.

When I said "to my eye", I was stating my philosophical belief that "folding" is a type of "creation" and, since that method can "create", it SHOULD be able to "fold".

I was not saying that I "used my eyes to look at the code" and saw that it operated that way currently.

Net income = 1,136,199 Meat in 281 turns. Meat/Adventure = 4,043
Cumulative income = 342,809,137 Meat in 83,455 turns. Meat/Adventure = 4,107

342 million myself to date