Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: My personal Meat farming script

Revision 88 does that.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

Thank you again for this.

FYI, I started using EatDrink to fill everything but spleen before running and EatDrink is generating about 10-15 more adventures. I'm wasn't really paying attention to food and drink cost differences, though.

I used a one day charter for the first time. The script told me I needed to define a Barf Mountain outfit. I did so, but unlike Item Drop and Meat Drop is was not obvious to me what I was supposed to maximize, minimize or enhance for Barf Mountain.
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    I agree with frono.
    There are 69 players more powerful than you.
    Originally Posted by Statistics Leaderboards

Thank you again for this.

FYI, I started using EatDrink to fill everything but spleen before running and EatDrink is generating about 10-15 more adventures. I'm wasn't really paying attention to food and drink cost differences, though.

I used a one day charter for the first time. The script told me I needed to define a Barf Mountain outfit. I did so, but unlike Item Drop and Meat Drop is was not obvious to me what I was supposed to maximize, minimize or enhance for Barf Mountain.
    Originally Posted by fronobulax View Post
    I use the same one I use for meat drop with a few changes to add the necklace and the snowglobe and screeges.

Veracity : Can you the genie to it so it automatically does the meat buffs?

Veracity : Can you the genie to it so it automatically does the meat buffs?
    Originally Posted by txrangersxx View Post
    There are two immediately-obvious issues with this request.

First, mafia doesn't support using the genie yet at all, and that's almost certainly a prerequisite to including it in this script.

Second, and more importantly, a meat buff from the genie is a poor use of it. High level characters can use pocket wishes to wish for 50k meat. As a result, pocket wishes sell quickly for 49k. A buff would have to give +1000% meat to beat that.

Progress report:
    Net income = 2,194,152 Meat in 520 turns. Meat/Adventure = 4,219
    Cumulative income = 170,447,842 Meat in 41,747 turns. Meat/Adventure = 4,082

After taking years to earn my first million, never in my wildest dreams could I imagine farming 2m+/day. This script rocks!

I am delighted that it is working for you. You are eating & drinking on your own - better than my built-in hard-coded "decent but not great" options. I don't want to call external scripts that I did not write to do core features - like choose your consumption - but it is on my to-do list to choose better, yet cost positive - eating & drinking options.

Considering that I am doing days like this:

Code:
    > Net income = 1,556,775 Meat in 380 turns. Meat/Adventure = 4,096
    > Cumulative income = 257,221,971 Meat in 68,789 turns. Meat/Adventure = 3,739
    You are generating 140 more turns per day - and netting slightly more profit per turn, as well, for reasons I cannot identify.

But, turngen is where the stock script falls down, given that it does quite well in generating +Meat.

If you care to share insights about how you get better turngen - so I can figure out how to use those learnings in the stock script, I'd appreciate it.
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

You may or may-not be doing better on spleen.

The built-in code uses a lot of spleen to Synthesize +Meat - and intersperses it with (up to) two Numberology calls, as appropriate. It fills up the few remaining spleen with twinkly wads, which are reliable and cheap. Given the Meat/adventure this script generates, there are undoubtedly a few more turns that could be generated cost-effectively...
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

First, mafia doesn't support using the genie yet at all, and that's almost certainly a prerequisite to including it in this script.
    Originally Posted by lostcalpolydude View Post
    I'd prefer to use real Mafia built-in support. There are other cases where I just call an Ezandora script - Detective Solver and FarFuture - but I have delayed doing that here, since I expect Mafia will have something built-in, eventually.

Second, and more importantly, a meat buff from the genie is a poor use of it. High level characters can use pocket wishes to wish for 50k meat. As a result, pocket wishes sell quickly for 49k. A buff would have to give +1000% meat to beat that.
    Yeah, this. I will certainly allow you to configure it. For example, I am still getting a pony a day - I have all 6, but only one of one of them - but have switched to pocket wishes - and just sold 18 of them for 50,000 each. Perhaps the buyer was just trying to break even, since he is a friend, but I easily believe that 49,000 per will sell handily.

In any case, I WILL add this, bye and bye, since I don't want to do things manually, but I am hoping somebody else will build it in to KoLmafia.
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

If you care to share insights about how you get better turngen - so I can figure out how to use those learnings in the stock script, I'd appreciate it.
    1. Poison spleen with 15 Octopus Oculi
    2. Milk of Magnesium/Salad Forks/3 sliders, which cleans spleen
    3. Poison spleen again
    4. Ode/Frosty Mugs/3 jars of Fermented Pickle Juice, which cleans spleen again
    5. Wear Mafia Ring/cheapest flavor of Mushroom Wine, leaving spleen clean to poison for +meat.

Not a cheap diet, but at 4000+meat/adventure it is meat positive. In addition, my mood takes advantage of 7 buffs, including ones from the KGB and Asdon Martin.

Wow. Nice job!

I'm not going to build that one in. I'll continue thinking about it.
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.