Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 LastLast

Thread: My personal Meat farming script

Any way to make it get an amulet coin daily if you have a cornbeefadon?
    Originally Posted by Brenno View Post
    You get that every 5 turns in the arena, right? It never occurred to me to farm for a familiar item. That gives +10 familiar weight and +50% meat drop, so it would have to be worth 5 * (500 + MPA) to be worth the arena turns. That might be worth it. Certainly very character specific (familiar, location, MPA value, etc.), so it would have to be a preference.

Although KoLmafia does have a familiar trainer, I don't think there is any ASH access to it. Until/unless that is added, I don't see adding this. Sorry!
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

probably a much better value for most acquiring with a box of familiar jacks.

Huh. That's an option. That's also probably easy.

Revision 100 adds Support for the SongBoom™ BoomBox.

Code:
    // Which song to play
    //
    // <keyword>		<Song Name>: <passive effect> / <Sing Along> / Item dropped every 11 combats
    //
    // spooky		Eye of the Giger: +<level> spooky damage / lose 5% max HP worth of HP & MP, gain 2-3 extra substats / Nightmare Fuel
    // food			Food Vibrations: Food Drop +30, 3-5 MP regen / next speall deals more damage / Special Seasoning
    // defense		Remainin' Alive: +<level> DR / delevel by 15% / Shielding Potion
    // offense		Thse Fists Were Made for Punchin': +<level> Weapon Damage / deal <level> prismatic damage)/ Punching Potion
    // meat			Total Eclipse of your Meat: Meat Drop +30 / increase  base meat drop by 25 / Gathered Meat-Clip
    // none			Silence

string boombox_song = define_property( "VMF.BoomBoxSong", "string", "meat" ).to_string();
    string_set boombox_sing_along_songs = define_property( "VMF.BoomBoxSingAlong", "string", "meat", "set" ).to_set_of_string();
    The default is to play the "meat" song - Total Eclipse of Your Meat - and to cast "Sing Along" during combat when the "meat" song is active.

You might want to play a different song, if you want to farm up Special Seasoning, say, but, in my opinion, Sing Along is not especially useful in a farming script except for the "meat" song, since doing so with other songs just makes combat a bit easier. But, the choice is yours:

set VMF.BoomBoxSingAlong="meat|spooky"

will sing along to either of those two songs.

Revision 101 supports using Familiar Jacks with a Cornbeefadon to get an amulet coin.

boolean get_amulet_coin = define_property( "VMF.GetAmuletCoin", "boolean", "false" ).to_boolean();

Default is false - do not do this. But you can set it to true to enable it:

set VMF.GetAmuletCoin=true

I bought a Cornbeefadon (10,000 Meat or less) for each of my multis to experiment. It works. I had mixed results. I have not calculated what the break-even point is for a Hobo Monkey with an extra 5 lb. of weight and a general Meat Drop +50, given that a box of Familiar Jacks currently costs about 10,000 Meat.

- If you have a Tot, we will not get an amulet coin, regardless of this setting, since weight does not help and a pirate costume is better
    - If you selected a Robortender, we also do not get an amulet coin (or use the universal item in VMF.GetAmuletCoin), since you likely want to use a familiar-specific familiar item. That might be debatable, but I suspect that using a Robortender with this script is an uncommon specialized usage.
    - If you don't have a Cornbeefadon, we ignore this setting.

Im a little perplexed after your statement Veracity is the robor not the best choice? Is the tot the better choice? Because right now I am making 5500 to 5900 MPA

Is it the best choice? My minor experimentation when I added support for it did not show me that. Perhaps I did it wrong.

I'll try again after I'm done with G-lover runs.

Robortender depends a lot on what equipments and other 'free' resources you have available. Tot is an easy 300% with one combat of effort, but if you have some of the higher end gear and skill perms and such, you can get a 70 pound robortender easily. (I could maintain a 90 pound one economically, for just over 550% meat drop).
    That said, some of that is from equipment, which means you would have to take into account the meat lost from those, but equips don't go higher than 25% or 30% meat per slot, while you can get 10 pounds (which is worth somewhere between 50 and 60%) pretty easily. And that doesn't account for the cost of the drinks yet, which means it would also depend on the number of turns you're spending each day. So maybe leave the choice of familiar open for everyone, but I would put the amulet coin on for everyone using the robortender, since the only reason not to would be a personal, external factor: pvp. (The bounce switch is good if you do put a high-ish value on fights. The bartend switch is not going to make up the difference, since the drinks you can get from barf mountain are the ones everyone is getting, and thus getting a few extra over the course of the day isn't worth much.)

As coded, you have the following familiar related options available:

string farm_type = define_property( "VMF.FarmType", "string", "meat" );

"meat" or "items".

familiar meat_familiar = define_property( "VMF.MeatFamiliar", "familiar", "none" ).to_familiar();
    familiar item_familiar = define_property( "VMF.ItemFamiliar", "familiar", "none" ).to_familiar();

"none" means "we'll pick for you based on what you have". Otherwise, we'll use the one you specify. This is how you'd get a Robortender.
    Note that you need an "item" familiar even you are farming Meat, for eldritch tentacles, and perhaps a few other special things we do.

item default_famequip = define_property( "VMF.FamiliarEquipment", "item", "ittah bittah hookah" ).to_item();

This is the "universal" equipment your familiar should wear. If "none", we leave your familiars equipped as you manually equipped them.
    It is hardcoded to ignore this setting for Tot or Robortender. Perhaps it should not ignore it for Robortender.

boolean get_amulet_coin = define_property( "VMF.GetAmuletCoin", "boolean", "false" ).to_boolean();

If "true", this overrides the default familiar equipment and gets an amulet coin. If it fails (probably only because the box of Familiar Jacks exceeds your autoBuyPriceLimit), it will use the default item. Again, it ignores it for Tot and Robortender.

And for the Robortender:

item_set robortender_drinks = define_property( "VMF.RoboDrinks", "item", "", "set" ).to_set_of_item();

This can contain up to five phyla worth of drinks. If you specify more than five drinks, it will prefer the "strong" drink over the "weak" drink for a particular phylum, and will keep only the first five phyla. Unlikely that you'd do anything like that, but, error resiliance.

Code:
    // double entendre		(Constellations) +0.5 Fairy
    // single entendre		(Constellations) +1.0 Fairy
    // piscatini		        (Penguins) +0.5 Leprechaun
    // drive-by shooting		(Penguins) +1.0 Leprechaun
    These seem like likely choices. My main has been faxing and puttying Black Crayon Penguins for quite a while, Just In Case.

I'll consider your recommendation: "put an amulet coin on everyone using a Robortender". Perhaps "only if it is not manually equipped with a bounce switch".

It will probably be next weekend before I have time to work out exactly how I want to handle this.

Thanks the advice!
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

Just popping in to say, this script has been a big help for burning turns in aftercore as I'm sticking around to farm Rubees. But I have found a little bug: the script can enter an infinite loop attempting to get the lil' pirate costume if for whatever reason you don't have pirate fledges.
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: Prefref Plus | Skillref Plus | One-Click Wossnam | Om*****st (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mer***ar***d (?!) | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager | About Bats
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!