My personal Meat farming script

Now that I'm enjoying the heck out of WoL, it's a pleasure to start up KoL, do some eating, drinking, and spleening; grab a carpe and some LOV earrings, and fire up this script. Thanks again, Veracity!
Net income = 1,956,800 Meat in 461 turns. Meat/Adventure = 4,244
Cumulative income = 107,897,079 Meat in 27,046 turns. Meat/Adventure = 3,989

Warren Jones

Noticed something odd, at the end of the day it's removing Mariachi Mood. It's also shrugging Cletus's Canticle of Celerity before casting Ode to Booze, even though I only have 3 Songs in my head and have Mariachi Memory permed.

Time for a little nightcap
Mariachi Mood cannot be removed with an available item or skill...
Using soft green whatever...
Mariachi Mood removed.
Shrugging off your buff...
Cletus's Canticle of Celerity removed.
Casting The Ode to Booze 1 times...​

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Mariachi Mood is obtained by casting Moxie of the Mariachi. It is a noncombat, non-shruggable effect. It is not a song.
Looking at my script:

Code:
    foreach eff in my_effects() {
	if ( eff.to_skill().class == ACCORDION_THIEF ) {
	    songs++;
	    if ( eff == POLKA_EFFECT || eff == PHAT_EFFECT ) {
		continue;
	    }
	    shruggable[ eff ] = true;
	}
    }
Obviously, simply being an "Accordion Thief" effect is not the same as being a "song" or being "shruggable".

I also see:

Code:
    int max_songs = 3;

if ( songs < max_songs ) {
	return;
    }

foreach eff in shruggable {
	shrug( eff );
	if ( --songs < max_songs ) {
	    return;
	}
    }
Obviously, it's not paying attention to how many songs you can carry.

I'll take a look at revamping free_song_slot(), soon.

Thanks for the report!

Not sure what the script did, but it made way more than the usual 900k-1m I usually make!

Net income = 1,338,651 Meat in 159 turns. Meat/Adventure = 8,419
Cumulative income = 1,409,291 Meat in 190 turns. Meat/Adventure = 7,417

Thank you! I will use it again for more results.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Well, it will autosell certain items that you get from Screech or Cheeng spectacles, for example. If you have accumulated certain of those, this will appear to be a windfall, which will not repeat each day from now on.

You can look at the script and see the items which are autosold. That is not "configurable" via a property, but you can certainly edit the script.

My characters who don't have BARF mountain make about 540,000
A character who DOES have BARF mountain makes about 1,050,000 per day
And my main, who has everything, makes about 1,350,000 per day.

It depends a lot on your outfits and moods and diet; I am lazy and use a canned set of consumables, but if you eat/drink/spleen on your own, you can generate more turns.

Well, it will autosell certain items that you get from Screech or Cheeng spectacles, for example. If you have accumulated certain of those, this will appear to be a windfall, which will not repeat each day from now on.

You can look at the script and see the items which are autosold. That is not "configurable" via a property, but you can certainly edit the script.

My characters who don't have BARF mountain make about 540,000
A character who DOES have BARF mountain makes about 1,050,000 per day
And my main, who has everything, makes about 1,350,000 per day.

It depends a lot on your outfits and moods and diet; I am lazy and use a canned set of consumables, but if you eat/drink/spleen on your own, you can generate more turns.

Weird, today it started farming at the Hidden Office Building instead of Barf Mountain.

EDIT: Must've been something wonky, switched back to Barf after fixing my outfit.

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I assume you have permanently unlocked the stench airport?

If so, and KoLmafia saw you do it, the setting "stenchAirportAlways" should be true.
If KoLmafia didn't see you read the charter, if it visits the airport and sees the appropriate plane, it will set "_stenchAirportToday" to true and it will be available today.

If you read the charter, and the setting is not true, you should tell KoLmafia that the airport is unlocked in the CLI:

set stenchAirportAlways=true

That said, I can make this script visit the airport as part of initialization, just to see what is unlocked, since it wants to use both the stench and hot airports, if available.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Thank you again for this.

FYI, I started using EatDrink to fill everything but spleen before running and EatDrink is generating about 10-15 more adventures. I'm wasn't really paying attention to food and drink cost differences, though.

I used a one day charter for the first time. The script told me I needed to define a Barf Mountain outfit. I did so, but unlike Item Drop and Meat Drop is was not obvious to me what I was supposed to maximize, minimize or enhance for Barf Mountain.

Thank you again for this.

FYI, I started using EatDrink to fill everything but spleen before running and EatDrink is generating about 10-15 more adventures. I'm wasn't really paying attention to food and drink cost differences, though.

I used a one day charter for the first time. The script told me I needed to define a Barf Mountain outfit. I did so, but unlike Item Drop and Meat Drop is was not obvious to me what I was supposed to maximize, minimize or enhance for Barf Mountain.

I use the same one I use for meat drop with a few changes to add the necklace and the snowglobe and screeges.

Veracity : Can you the genie to it so it automatically does the meat buffs?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Veracity : Can you the genie to it so it automatically does the meat buffs?

There are two immediately-obvious issues with this request.

First, mafia doesn't support using the genie yet at all, and that's almost certainly a prerequisite to including it in this script.

Second, and more importantly, a meat buff from the genie is a poor use of it. High level characters can use pocket wishes to wish for 50k meat. As a result, pocket wishes sell quickly for 49k. A buff would have to give +1000% meat to beat that.

Progress report:
Net income = 2,194,152 Meat in 520 turns. Meat/Adventure = 4,219
Cumulative income = 170,447,842 Meat in 41,747 turns. Meat/Adventure = 4,082

After taking years to earn my first million, never in my wildest dreams could I imagine farming 2m+/day. This script rocks!

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I am delighted that it is working for you. You are eating & drinking on your own - better than my built-in hard-coded "decent but not great" options. I don't want to call external scripts that I did not write to do core features - like choose your consumption :) - but it is on my to-do list to choose better, yet cost positive - eating & drinking options.

Considering that I am doing days like this:

Code:
> Net income = 1,556,775 Meat in 380 turns. Meat/Adventure = 4,096
> Cumulative income = 257,221,971 Meat in 68,789 turns. Meat/Adventure = 3,739
You are generating 140 more turns per day - and netting slightly more profit per turn, as well, for reasons I cannot identify.

But, turngen is where the stock script falls down, given that it does quite well in generating +Meat.

If you care to share insights about how you get better turngen - so I can figure out how to use those learnings in the stock script, I'd appreciate it.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
You may or may-not be doing better on spleen.

The built-in code uses a lot of spleen to Synthesize +Meat - and intersperses it with (up to) two Numberology calls, as appropriate. It fills up the few remaining spleen with twinkly wads, which are reliable and cheap. Given the Meat/adventure this script generates, there are undoubtedly a few more turns that could be generated cost-effectively...

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
First, mafia doesn't support using the genie yet at all, and that's almost certainly a prerequisite to including it in this script.
I'd prefer to use real Mafia built-in support. There are other cases where I just call an Ezandora script - Detective Solver and FarFuture - but I have delayed doing that here, since I expect Mafia will have something built-in, eventually.

Second, and more importantly, a meat buff from the genie is a poor use of it. High level characters can use pocket wishes to wish for 50k meat. As a result, pocket wishes sell quickly for 49k. A buff would have to give +1000% meat to beat that.
Yeah, this. I will certainly allow you to configure it. For example, I am still getting a pony a day - I have all 6, but only one of one of them - but have switched to pocket wishes - and just sold 18 of them for 50,000 each. Perhaps the buyer was just trying to break even, since he is a friend, but I easily believe that 49,000 per will sell handily.

In any case, I WILL add this, bye and bye, since I don't want to do things manually, but I am hoping somebody else will build it in to KoLmafia. :)

If you care to share insights about how you get better turngen - so I can figure out how to use those learnings in the stock script, I'd appreciate it.

1. Poison spleen with 15 Octopus Oculi
2. Milk of Magnesium/Salad Forks/3 sliders, which cleans spleen
3. Poison spleen again
4. Ode/Frosty Mugs/3 jars of Fermented Pickle Juice, which cleans spleen again
5. Wear Mafia Ring/cheapest flavor of Mushroom Wine, leaving spleen clean to poison for +meat.

Not a cheap diet, but at 4000+meat/adventure it is meat positive. In addition, my mood takes advantage of 7 buffs, including ones from the KGB and Asdon Martin.