Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast

Thread: My personal Meat farming script

nothing until I hit the NC then it works normally every adventure after it, not a huge deal but for the first 10-20 turns of no buff upkeep or libramburn is a bit sad.

Ok I did some more testing and I figured out some more strange behavior. It might just be coincidence but the scripts not running until the NC only happens if I don't run any other pre-adventure script manually. So if I log on and run your farm script I get NO pre-adventure script calls until the NC happens. BUT If I call any of my pre-adv scripts before running your script (like using nuns then libramburn) the script will run normally the entire time with no issues. I have no idea if it's a mafia issue or what but I have worked around it by just adding a specific call to run the libramburn script before calling your script.

(I was going to test that today, but I got distracted. Sorry! Soon, I hope.)

Revision 93 understands that normal spleen items no longer give turns. The script no longer uses spleen as a source of adventures, but only for the following reasons:

- Sweet Synthesis
    - chewing the appropriate abstractions if you are configured to get abstraction: comprehension in the DMT
    - wad (as the currently cheapest 1 spleen item) to space out to next opportunity to Calculate the Universe, if you are done synthesizing

There are still spleen items which give turns, and if you have spleen space left after doing the above three, perhaps we could use them, if they are worth it, given your expected MPA. Or perhaps you have other effects you want. In any case, I think that will wait until I allow you to configure the food/booze/spleen items you want to use.

Next feature will be support for the mime army shotglass. I think that will require you to configure the 1-drunk drink you want to use for it.

And I want to write a Spacegate script that I can call from here (much as I did for the Gingerbread City), since I think I'm willing to make a daily run through there to try looking for the rare alien artifacts. Or perhaps the anomalous animal and plant products. Or something.

And I need to look at the actual reported bug.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

Are you setting a mood? Here's mine:
    Attachment 9108
    Originally Posted by Pooter the Flatuant View Post
    Using Peppermint Twist is not profitable, is it? I think my formula might be wrong

Using Peppermint Twist is not profitable, is it? I think my formula might be wrong
    Originally Posted by deMorphine View Post
    Point taken. At current mall prices, the effect from a Peppermint Twist costs about 300mpa but it's 50% increase is only worth 100-150mpa at Barf Mountain. I'm no longer in the mood for a peppermint twist!

It would be fantastic if farming for the rare alien items in the Spacegate were added to the script. One request: allow for buffing HP and a custom outfit when doing so.

I'm going to start work this weekend, I expect, on a standalone Spacegate script (like my Gingerbread City script) which will be able to configure and run on its own, and which this script will optionally call before diving into Barf Mountain.

I have exactly the same desire as you: if I am in extended aftercare and am simply meat farming, I'd like to use my daily Spacegate run to look for the rare items.
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

Would you entertain, with favor, the idea of using the KGB Briefcase +meat buff by the script? Probably leaving it up to the player to ensure the briefcase setting is known before attempting to use it.

I noticed, yesterday, after running the script that none of the Source Terminal "extrudes" were used at the end of the day. In looking through the script I see code to handle extruding things from the Source Terminal but I don't see a VMF variable to control what to extrude. Am I missing something?
    Last edited by Magus_Prime; 02-10-2018 at 12:45 PM.

Would you entertain, with favor, the idea of using the KGB Briefcase +meat buff by the script? Probably leaving it up to the player to ensure the briefcase setting is known before attempting to use it.
    Originally Posted by Magus_Prime View Post
    I'll look into it. Never really used KGB buffs.

I noticed, yesterday, after running the script that none of the Source Terminal "extrudes" were used at the end of the day. In looking through the script I see code to handle extruding things from the Source Terminal but I don't see a VMF variable to control what to extrude. Am I missing something?
    I think you are missing something.

Code:
    // Which Source Terminal extrusions to create
    //
    // booze.ext		(10) hacked gibson - 4 fullness EPIC booze
    // food.ext		(10) browser cookie - 4 fullness EPIC food
    // goggles.ext		(100) Source shades - (non-tradable) accessory: Item Drop +10, improves Extract
    // gram.ext		(100) Source terminal GRAM chip - (non-tradeable) Source Terminal upgrade (up to 10 usable)
    // pram.ext		(100) Source terminal PRAM chip - (non-tradeable) Source Terminal upgrade (up to 10 usable)
    // spam.ext		(100) Source terminal SPAM chip - (non-tradeable) Source Terminal upgrade (up to 10 usable)
    // cram.ext		(1000) Source terminal CRAM chip - (non-tradeable) Source Terminal upgrade
    // dram.ext		(1000) Source terminal DRAM chip - (non-tradeable) Source Terminal upgrade
    // tram.ext		(1000) Source terminal TRAM chip - (non-tradeable) Source Terminal upgrade
    // familiar.ext		(10000) software bug - familiar

string [int] desired_extrusions = define_property( "VMF.SourceTerminalExtrusions", "string", "", "list" ).to_list_of_string();
    So, for example, do this:

set VMF.SourceTerminalExtrusions="booze.ext|booze.ext| booze.ext"
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

Yep. I did miss that. I read that section multiple times and completely missed the associated VMF setting. Thank you.