Feature - Implemented Stationary buttons should have "Go to Goal" if appropriate

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
For certain choices - the paintings in the Haunted Gallery, or Underneath Grimace or Ronald, for example - we add a "Go to Goal" button in front of the various choices. We also set the various stationary buttons to "auto" and the various choice options.

It would be nice if, for those choices that have a "go to goal", we would create a "go to goal" stationary button right after the "auto" button.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
These are the choices that we add a "go to goal" button for:

Violet Fog
Louvre
Ronald Safety Shelter Map
Grimace Safety Shelter Map
Interview With You
A Lost Room
A Gracious Maze

I'm wondering if perhaps we should simply have a "goal" button instead of an "auto" button for those.

In any case, I have a new "goal" button coded but am out of adventures for today. Will test tomorrow.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I accidentally submitted my code in 17376, along with my Monster Encyclopedia stuff.
I'll test it tomorrow. :)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Tested it on Grimace and it worked perfectly.

I could mark this "Implemented", but I am still pondering whether the "auto" button should behave like this, for choices that have a "go to goal" button. We could make the CAB "auto" button we create do that, too, if so, so this matters to CAB users as well as Stationary Button users.

Weigh in, please! Thanks.

Bale

Minion
CAB user here!

I'm using r17376 now and I switched to stationary buttons to test it out in the Lourve. I can see that the stationary buttons have an auto button on the left that goes to the goal when I click on it. The CAB also has always had an auto button that goes to the goal. Was the stationary buttons different? If this was a change to the stationary buttons, then what you did was to make both systems work the same way.

As near as I can see, there isn't anything to change for the CAB so maybe I don't know what you're talking about.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Really? You claim that "choice.php?action=auto" will "go to the goal"?

OK. Let me test that. If so, this work was unnecessary. I assumed "action=auto" would go to "whatever you have set the default choice to for the particular choice adventure" - NOT the whole chain of choices, such as would be needed in Grimace, for example. I believed that since MY choice for the Grimace adventure is "enter the hatch" - and that is the choice which it highlights with an arrow.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I tested with Grimace and the Violet Fog and you are correct.

Well, super! Revision 17377 names the "auto" button "Go To Goal" if we add a "Go To Goal" button. That should eliminate MY confusion, at least.

Bale

Minion
Sorry. I would have spoken up to save you some effort, but I honestly didn't realize that this was more than stationary button reworking until you asked if the CAB users wanted the same feature.