New Content - Implemented Eldritch Incursion

From multi using 37 eldritch effivirum

--------------------
9192 eldritch extract 379529182 rocks.gif drink t,d 66
eldritch extract 3 11 awesome 0 0 0 0 Unspaded
Item eldritch extract Effect: "Eldritch Concentration", Effect Duration: 10
--------------------
--------------------
2146 Eldritch Concentration glassglobe.gif 51a6be812d5c33891cb062cabdf0cfdf drink 1 eldritch extract
Effect Eldritch Concentration Experience: +5, Spooky Damage: +5, MP Regen Min: 5, MP Regen Max: 10

From multi using 111 eldritch effivirum
-------------------
9191 eldritch concentrate 712115476 glassglobe.gif multiple, fancy t,d 666
Item eldritch concentrate Effect: "Eldritch Concentration", Effect Duration: 50
--------------------
You acquire an item: eldritch concentrate

From using 111 flare guns against tentacles and then going to main map then council. funkslinging 2 at a time does not count as 2 just counts as 1
--------------------
9193 Official Council Aide Pin 360414227 smugbutton.gif accessory 0
Official Council Aide Pin 0 Mys: 37
Item Official Council Aide Pin Adventures: +4, PvP Fights: +2
--------------------
You acquire an item: Official Council Aide Pin

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
KoL should add the main fissure in the town as an adventuring location. It would help so that mafia runs mood and restores hp/mp when clicking on it.

place.php?whichplace=town&action=town_eincursion

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
And revision 17322 makes all of the 8 fissures find the "An Eldritch Fissure" adventuring location, so we will run moods and restoration no matter which one you go to. Automation will still use the main Town fissure.

rickerscott

You can also fight the Eldritch while falling down drunk as well. 351 adv of mafia throwing a fit while doing that was annoying. I could have sworn there used to be a checkbox to allow drunken adventuring.

Bale

Minion
Today's new outfit!

Code:
--------------------
9197	eldritch hat	738111709	eldritchhat.gif	hat	t	0
eldritch hat	125	Mox: 47
Item	eldritch hat	Spooky Damage: +40, Spooky Spell Damage: +40, Spooky Resistance: +3
--------------------
--------------------
128	Eldritch Equipage	elditchtat.gif	eldritch hat
Outfit	Eldritch Equipage	Item Drop: +50
--------------------
--------------------
9198	eldritch pants	792793451	eldritchpants.gif	pants	t	0
eldritch pants	125	Mox: 47
Item	eldritch pants	Mysticality Percent: +20, Maximum MP: +40, MP Regen Min: 6, MP Regen Max: 10
--------------------
--------------------
128	Eldritch Equipage	elditchtat.gif	eldritch hat, eldritch pants
Outfit	Eldritch Equipage	Item Drop: +50
--------------------

Darzil

Developer
I missed it by a few minutes. Hopefully there will be another chance tomorrow, as I haven't quite got enough.

Bale

Minion
There's a new fissure in the sea at
Code:
place.php?whichplace=thesea&action=thesea_zenicursio

It looks like they mangled the usual format of the link from eincursion to zenicursio. Any idea what's up with that?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
This event is showing off a side effect of mafia's image caching.

The leaderboard plaque has the text "Eldritch Incursion Heroes". That text consists of images such as otherimages/zonefont/E.gif. Then there is stuff like the beach, with its "X% explored" message, using images such as otherimages/zonefont/e.gif. Those are different images, but with Windows being case-insensitive for file names they are treated the same, so whichever one you see first is the one you get.

Given that web browsers also cache images, I never understood how it was beneficial for KoLmafia to also cache them. I suppose there are people using multiple browsers...

xKiv

Browser caching is weird. And shares a limited cache with everything else on that browser.

And doesn't let you easily see what's what using normal filesystem interface
and doesn't let you *replace* the cached thing using normal filesystem interface
and doesn't let you clean cache for a specific image or site

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I am confused.

Yesterday I emptied both my display case and my storage into inventory.
I then rebuilt my display shelves to a much more compact set of things I thought were worth displaying.
I moved many items from inventory to closet or appropriate shelves on my display case/
I am happy. My display is much more compact. Next time I ascend, all the rest of my stuff will be in Storage again.

Today, I go to Hagnk's in the Relay Browser and see an Eldritch Fiddure.
It is not an adventuring location.

Is Hagnk's unavailable? I have no idea. I emptied my storage yesterday via KoLmafia and it worked fine.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
P.S. just as well if the fissure in Hagnk's is not the only available fissure; my two multis who have never ascended cannot go in to Hagnk's.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
P.P.S. I am not happy that the Science Data Points worked the way they did. When I stopped playing, 6 hours before rollover, little did I know that my 1103 data points (about 2/3 of the way from the top) would not keep me on the leaderboard before they shut it down or I had another chance to enhance my score.

Especially since the bottommost score that made the leaderboard was xKiv with 1114 datapoints.

I guess I will just have to hold a grudge against xKiv forever.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I suppose it is time to remove An Eldritch Fissure as an adventuring zone; when I try to automate there, KoL simple responds with a map of the Seaside Town.

I'll look at this some time tomorrow unless somebody goes there first. It will be at least 12 hours...