Feature "breakfast" doesn't visit all of the clan rumpus room

PeKaJe

In ClanRumpusRequest.getBreakfast, the list of rumpus room equipment is iterated through and the requests prepared, but never run. So e.g. the meat equipment isn't harvested.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 17300 will actually run requests - except for the Mr. Klaw, which is already explicitly run.

Looks to me like the following are the possible items:

Exotic Hanging Meat Orchid (spot 1)
Soda Machine (spot 3)
Mr. Klaw "Skill" Crane Game (spot 3)
Old-Timey Radio (spot 4)
Potted Meat Bush (spot 4)
Potted Meat Tree (spot 9)

If I understand it, you can use each "spot" once a day - except for the Soda Machine and Mr. Klaw, which are 3/day.

- Can I use Mr. Klaw twice and switch to a different clan and get a Soda? (or vice versa).
- If I have overnighted in a clan and spot 1 has given me adventures or fites, can I use a Meat Orchid in another clan?
- The only furniture we actually track in a daily setting is Mr. Klaw - in _KlawSummons. If each "spot" had an _ preference, we could avoid server hits for things we'd already visited.

This is a fair bit more work than I feel like looking at - especially since every clan my main or multis use has +advs or +fites stuff, rather than Meat.

I'm going to leave this open - and change it to a Feature - in case somebody else wants to do more for this.

Bale

Minion
- Can I use Mr. Klaw twice and switch to a different clan and get a Soda? (or vice versa).
- If I have overnighted in a clan and spot 1 has given me adventures or fites, can I use a Meat Orchid in another clan?

No, to both questions. You only get to use the equipment that was present during rollover. If you switch clans you don't get to use stuff that differs from your rollover clan.

Erich

Bale beat me to the answer, but I'd like to add that the Rumpus Room items can be compared to your basic rollover gear. Por ejemplo, if you have a +pvp helmet equipped for rollover, it won't matter what +adv helmets you have in your inv/closet/hagnks/dc, you'll only get the benefit from what's equipped, which is the +pvp bonus. That's the same as if you have A Jukebox in your rollover clan, and you switch to a clan with a Klaw or Soda Machine; you'll still only get the Jukebox benefits for that day.

I don't know if it might help, but if the Rumpus Room areas were treated similar to "equipment slots", it may make it easier to understand. I recognize they're not equipment slots, but it's the closest thing I can compare it to.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
You can switch to other equipment and get non-rollover benefits, so I would say that example does the opposite of clarify things.

Erich

You can switch to other equipment and get non-rollover benefits, so I would say that example does the opposite of clarify things.

Forgive me if my example didn't stick. But if you wear an item for rollover, you only get that item's benefit, the way that if you sleep in a clan, you only get that clan's specific benefits. That was my intended analogy. That's why I compared Clan Klaw:Clan Soda::Equipped Helmet r/o +pvp: Equipped Helmet r/o +adv; it was only for rollover benefits. Switching to a clan to use a Soda Machine after rollover when you slept in a clan that has a Klaw has the same effect as switching to a +adv helmet after sleeping with a +pvp helmet... you get only the benefits of what you had "equipped" over rollover.