Feature - Implemented AT barrel prayer buff

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
It gives you 50 turns of Beer Barrel Polka. That buff is like Ode to Booze in that it adds 1 adventure per point of drunkenness of the booze consumed, except it burns 5 turns of the effect per point of drunkenness. It's not as good as Ode to Booze in that you can only use it once a day - i.e., 10 drunkenness/10 adventures per day.

I've been running NA exclusively as an AT, so I have this available to me, but I frequently forget to use it at an appropriate time. Admittedly, it's only 3 adventures per day, but still.

- The Item manager does not adjust the adventure yield of booze appropriately if the effect is up.

The code for adjusting adventure yields in ConsumablesDatabase.calculateAdventureRange based on effects is complicated. Perhaps overly so. Food/Booze have specific "adventure gain modifiers":

Code:
		// Adventure gain modifier #1 is ode or milk, which adds
		// unitCost adventures to the result.

// Adventure gain modifier #2 is Song of the Glorious Lunch or Rowdy Drinker, which adds

// Adventure gain modifier #3 is Gourmand or Neurogourmet, which adds

// Adventure gain modifier #4 is the munchies pill, which adds
		// 1-3 adventures
This is ode-like, but it is possible to have both ode and the barrel buff active. Perhaps we could add it to gain modifier #3, since the other two on that are for food and this is for booze.

- Maybe add a button to the Booze panel?
- Maybe add a consumption warning, like Ode, Milk, etc.? Don't need a "this will run out" warning unless you have a prarer left today - as can happen if you don't use all of the effect before rollover and start the new day with it.

Darzil

Developer
Will take a look at this. Will probably use Modifier #2, as those require either being Pete or Boris, and you cannot be that and also AT or TT. That leaves modifier #3 available for some future turncreep.

Darzil

Developer
r17288 adds the consumable gains. Untested.

Those calculations do not take into account that the buff may run out, as existing Ode/Milk calculations do not. If we want to support that sort of thing then it's probably time to overhaul all that code. (I'm not entirely sure of the performance gains of not recalculating when status changes, given how many times we recalculate anyway.