Bug - Fixed r17270 - "auto" button during NC takes you to the Monster Manuel

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Hasn't happened to me in the last 8 days, so I concur.

It's a shame you never figured out what exactly was happening.

Do you want to leave the debugging messages that say "unhandled redirect"? I have been approached by some people who are troubled by those; thinking that there is a problem with their mafia. I've reassured them of course, but it might be nice to not need the reassurance.

I figured once Veracity posted about questlog.php that they were running (probably a relay) script involving Manuel.

Bale

Minion
The only relay script I have involving Manuel is a questlog override script. I doubt that could be responsible.

Bale

Minion
I don't think that Guide tracks factoids, but some of the things it does are so unusual that I wouldn't put any malfunction past its grasp. I certainly do use Guide.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I did figure it out. questlog.php requests - like charpane and desc_xxx - can happen in the middle of choices. If that happened, we'd save the result and serve it up as the choice response if you did "auto".

What I didn't figure out - because the people with TRACE logs didn't trouble to show me what I asked - is where those questlog (Manuel) requests were coming from. Guide? Some other relay script?

People could still run with "debug trace on" and show where questlog.php requests are coming from, but I made it not screw up the "auto" button, even without that info.