Page 124 of 125 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1250

Thread: ZLib -- Zarqon's useful function library

Harmful to whom? Error reports due to using an out-of-date version of one of my scripts have dwindled to nearly nonexistent. My scripts also take advantage of the "since" command to avoid problems caused by using a non-current build of mafia.
    Originally Posted by zarqon View Post
    Do you think "since" will prevent mafia from installing a too-new version of a script? I don't see any protection against that. It will just print a more intelligent error message with any action that uses the script.

@xKiv: Unfortunately no, but at least there will be no user confusion over the error.

@Magus: Such a variable (or rather, property) now exists, if you think about it.

@frono: Perhaps, for your amusement, I will post error messages in your threads caused by outdated versions of your scripts, just for old times' sake! Then when you smugly ask me about which version I am using, I will reply with the appropriate level of mildly embarrassed chagrin and let you know that the problem is solved!

at least three different ways of checking for updates
    Originally Posted by fronobulax View Post
    All but one of which are now controlled by user settings. But this makes me wonder if anyone is using ZLib's old "forum thread" method of version checking. I strongly doubt that I am.
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: Prefref Plus | One-Click Wossname | Om******t (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mer********d (?!) | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager | About Bats
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

*snicker*

I would support deprecating and then removing the "check a thread for updates" code.
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    I agree with frono.
    There are 69 players more powerful than you.
    Originally Posted by Statistics Leaderboards

Script execution aborted (java.lang.NullPointerException): (zlib.ash, line 314)

I have 0 idea what this means or how to fix it. Just started a few minutes ago, can't do anything that uses zlib.

That line is:

PHP Code:
    file_to_map("vars_"+replace_string(my_name()," ","_")+".txt",vars); 
    So perhaps there's a problem with your settings file? Did you edit it manually at any point? Does KoLmafia somehow not have permission to read the file? Does the error stop if you rename the file? (Careful with that last one as all your settings will be temporarily deleted until you rename it back.)
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: Prefref Plus | One-Click Wossname | Om******t (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mer********d (?!) | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager | About Bats
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

I don't recall editing that particular line, unless it was in that section regarding SVN updates. That's the only time I've edited zlib manually (as far as I recall), for anything else I normally just use the gcli commands. Did not try renaming the file, can't until tomorrow. Auto-attack bypassed zlib again so I was able to finish the day. I did a manual update, just in case something was being stupid on my end somewhere. Will check back in tomorrow, and thanks for the swift response! <3

I don't recall editing that particular line, unless it was in that section regarding SVN updates.
    Originally Posted by snooty View Post
    This raises the possibility that the line 314 that caused the error is not the same line 314 in what zarqon was looking at.
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    I agree with frono.
    There are 69 players more powerful than you.
    Originally Posted by Statistics Leaderboards

Script execution aborted (java.lang.NullPointerException): (zlib.ash, line 314)
    Originally Posted by snooty View Post
    What does the DEBUG log say?
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

Sorry, I wasn't asking about your editing ZLib, but rather your ZLib settings file, vars_<yourname>.txt. Editing that in a non-text editor was all I could think of that might possibly be a cause for your error.
    Sig by JakAtk

@Veracity: the list is huge and I don't know how to make those little scroll windows so my reply won't take up half the internet.

@zarqon: My vars I do through the gCli, when I edited zlib directly it was in notepad so, yeah. Was zlib updated yesterday? It's working fine now (after the manual update + new session) and what comes to mind is maybe there was an update posted in the middle of my session and it freaked out mafia? Also, I know this isn't zlib's fault, but mafia seems to keep forgetting I have access to that 70s volcano and won't fetch my volcoino through a script. Where would I stick that issue?