ZLib -- Zarqon's useful function library

Theraze

As Zarqon said in the BatBrain thread, there's an issue with the current version of BB and the bestknife variable if you don't have a single knife in your inventory. Either get a cheap knife or roll back your batfactors for now.

Bale

Minion
That zlib error is caused by not running the most recent version of BatBrain.

The error Theraze is discussing has already been fixed in the most recent version of BatBrain that was just released today.

m00g

Hi Theraze and Bale,

Thank you for the quick and helpful replies (as always!).

I admit that I'm still trying to work out how these script tie together. I did not check the BB thread, so thanks for the heads up!

m00gam00g.

zarqon

Does this account for the fact that poor Ed doesn't have a brain with him? (according to Gemelli his brain is in a jar somewhere off screen and thus inaccessible to the player) :)

I thought I was cleverly getting around this, since I enumerated all the bosses explicitly (the $monster.boss proxy record doesn't seem to be very thoroughly implemented?). However, that just meant it considered Ed a normal monster who drops good brains. Fixed.

Another fix: $bounty[] is now a mafia typed constant, so ZLib needs to know that for normalized() and setvar(). Also, the WOSSMAN should be able to allow and handle settings which are bounties. r20.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
(the $monster.boss proxy record doesn't seem to be very thoroughly implemented?).
Perhaps a bug report would have been useful, rather than trying to work around behavior that you think is incomplete without bothering to tell anybody...

I get this when trying to use WHAM today....is it a typo in zlib? I'm in an avatar of sneaky pete run.

Code:
Expression syntax errors for 'modifier_eval()':
Can't understand audience/3))
Expected ), found
Expected ), found (zlib.ash, line 186)
You're on your own, partner.

Winterbay

I get this when trying to use WHAM today....is it a typo in zlib? I'm in an avatar of sneaky pete run.

Code:
Expected ), found

The problem is that the formula for snap fingers contains the keyword 'audience' which is never defined in batbrain.

The problem is that the formula for snap fingers contains the keyword 'audience' which is never defined in batbrain.

I am having the same problem and looking at zlib with my very basic knowledge of how these scripts work I don't know what I would need to edit to make it work again, any help?

Winterbay

WHat is needed is to, somewhere after
Code:
float[string] fvars;             // variables for formulas
in BatBrain to add a line stating
Code:
fvars["audience"] = my_audience();

WHat is needed is to, somewhere after
Code:
float[string] fvars;             // variables for formulas
in BatBrain to add a line stating
Code:
fvars["audience"] = my_audience();

Awesome, I had to go afk a few hours for a meeting, and Winterbay to the rescue. :D It's behaving for me now too.

dixmcdix

is zlib still being updated? I've tried updating the SVN manually but still get this error when consulting WHAM. (the error says that there is a problem with zlib?)
If this is a problem with WHAM well then let me know and I'll ask around there!
Cheers and thanks!!

[170] The Defiled Niche
Encounter: dirty old lihc
Strategy: C:\Users\lenovobutte\Desktop\KOLMefia\ccs\AOSP.ccs [dirty old lihc]
Round 0: Od3rus wins initiative!
Round 1: Od3rus casts MAKE FRIENDS!
Round 2: Od3rus attacks!
Round 3: dirty old lihc takes 50 damage.
Expected ), found
Click here to continue in the relay browser.

Crowther

is zlib still being updated?
No, but that error is probably due to your BatBrain (which also isn't being updated) being out of date. My BatBrain contains the line:
Code:
if (my_class() == $class[avatar of sneaky pete]) fvars["audience"] = my_audience();
If yours doesn't, then that's your problem, not zlib.

dixmcdix

No, but that error is probably due to your BatBrain (which also isn't being updated) being out of date. My BatBrain contains the line:
Code:
if (my_class() == $class[avatar of sneaky pete]) fvars["audience"] = my_audience();
If yours doesn't, then that's your problem, not zlib.

Thanks Crowther. I'll add that.

zarqon

r21 Update

In Heavy Rains, the monster_level_adjustment() differs depending on location. Fix get_safemox() to account for that.

That's all, folks.

Theraze

Tweak request: If we could get a default path restriction in be_good of !is_unrestricted, we'd be more path-safe, and we wouldn't need the special trendy case either. Thanks. :)