Feature - Implemented Psychokinetic energy blobs and MP restorers list

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
That list should probably be auto-generated from restores.txt or something, rather than having to add every new restore item to two different places. But then the list might be too cluttered. But it really looks like it already is too cluttered.

Darzil

Developer
Yeah, needs a complete rebuild, with some logic behind what appears there, and some options to let people add to it or subtract from it.

I've started it a few times, but it's a big undertaking.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Yeah, needs a complete rebuild, with some logic behind what appears there, and some options to let people add to it or subtract from it.

In spite of temporary successes I have not yet made the RestoreOptionsPanel update on screen in response to an external event. I have reached the point where I am considering rewriting it just so I understand it. If I do, and we keep it, that might pave the way for better handling of restores.

Bale

Minion

If you do a really good job with revamping mafia's autohealing system, maybe I won't need Universal Recovery anymore. I'd like that.

In the meantime though, I'll just post to tell folks that if they install Universal Recovery then it will handle psychokinetic energy blobs along with every other item that can be used to restore Hp and/or Mp.

wertperch

Psychokinietic energy blob not listed in MP restore items list

I'm looking at the list in HP/MP Usage in the Adventure tab, and it certainly doesn't appear to be there. Any chance it could be added?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
How do I do this? I've tried typing it into the setting file, but nothing seems to happen...

set settingname = value
is how you do that, with any setting. Or you edit the settings file when mafia is closed (but there shouldn't ever be a good reason to do that). Editing the settings file while mafia is open just leads to your changes being overwritten without ever being read.

Lord_Kobel

Yeah, I tried it with everything closed and it didn't do anything.

I've just tried
set mpAutoRecoveryItems=psychokinetic energy blob;natural fennel soda;monstar energy beverage;carbonated soy milk;carbonated water lily;bottle of monsieur bubble;ancient magi-wipes;phonics down;elven magi-pack;knob goblin superseltzer;sugar shard;magical mystery juice;black cherry soda;knob goblin seltzer;doc galaktik's invigorating tonic;cherry cloaca cola;soda water
and it still ignores the blobs and uses fennel soda when I tell mafia to cast song of bravado...

Bale

Minion
Well... I suppose as a stop-gap measure you can use Universal Recovery? It will use the psychokinetic energy blobs. The script is not 100% perfect, but it is slightly closer.

To install this script just copy/paste the following two lines into KoLmafia's CLI and press enter after each:
Code:
svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/mafiarecovery/code/

set recoveryScript = Universal_recovery.ash

The first line installs the script. The second tells mafia to use it instead of its default recovery mechanism.

When you want to turn the script off again, use the gCLI command: set recoveryScript =

wertperch

Well... I suppose as a stop-gap measure you can use Universal Recovery? It will use the psychokinetic energy blobs. The script is not 100% perfect, but it is slightly closer.

To install this script just copy/paste the following two lines into KoLmafia's CLI and press enter after each:
Code:
svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/mafiarecovery/code/

set recoveryScript = Universal_recovery.ash

The first line installs the script. The second tells mafia to use it instead of its default recovery mechanism.

When you want to turn the script off again, use the gCLI command: set recoveryScript =

I may be missing something here, but even after installing the script and setting it as default, I still don't see the option to use the psychokinetic goo! Is there a file I need to edit?

Bale

Minion
I still don't see the option to use the psychokinetic goo! Is there a file I need to edit?

Nope. It just happens. It will use every known HP/MP restoring item in the game.

There are some options that can be configured. To change them you'll find a relay script (in the drop-down at the lower-right of your top menu) called "Universal Recovery."

wertperch

Nope. It just happens. It will use every known HP/MP restoring item in the game.

There are some options that can be configured. To change them you'll find a relay script (in the drop-down at the lower-right of your top menu) called "Universal Recovery."

Thanks. I'm reassured!