New Content - Implemented KoL Con 13

Bale

Minion
I tried quotes also, but then after it failed I remembered that some items have double-quotes in their name. Like colored-light "necklace" or "honey" dipper for example. So that could not possibly work.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Well, yes it could, assuming you could also escape quotes with a "\", for example.

The modifier expression parser would just need a (slightly) fancier tokenizer.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I suppose that "," could be the only delimiter, and that would simplify lots of parsing. It would also break lots of things that people are used to, though.

Bale

Minion
I often use + and - as delimiters in my scripts. Can you leave them in also or do you forsee trouble with that?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I wasn't necessarily planning to change anything. I don't actually have any slots left to maximize when I would want to wear this (so I'm not really affected by this issue), and I don't do enough fancy stuff with the maximizer to expect that I could actually decide on a good system that wouldn't upset lots of people.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Free fights at witchess board, snojo and machine tunnels.

Crown of Thrones, Con snowglobe, camp scout backpack, pantsgiving, cheeng, screege, time toolbelt, and a goth kid or shrub for fites. A stinky cheese item for at least 100 turns. That leaves my shirt slot, my weapon slot after 100 turns, and my pants slot after 50 (or 500) turns. Since I'm just farming for consolation ribbons anyway, I don't bother switching my weapon or pants, and there isn't anything too exciting for the shirt slot. So I don't bother with the maximizer in aftercore.

If something is worth maximizing for, it likely overrides my interest in wearing the snowglobe.

ereinion

I got a turkey drink from the snowglobe yesterday, and mafia counted that as one of the daily drops from the turkey. I assume it has something to do with how mafia checks if the turkey has dropped a drink, but I am uncertain about the details. Could this be fixed, please?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I got a turkey drink from the snowglobe yesterday, and mafia counted that as one of the daily drops from the turkey. I assume it has something to do with how mafia checks if the turkey has dropped a drink, but I am uncertain about the details. Could this be fixed, please?

We could also check for having the fist turkey out (probably), but if you do, then it would be hard to handle that.

ereinion

Look for the flavor text of the drop, instead of acquisiton of the drink? Although there are quite a few cases where the flavor text is distorted...

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Crowther wears a "similar suit". Is that like a "birthday suit"? Or just similar to one? :)

Malibu Stacey

The booze tab in the inventory is showing the Unidentified Drink as giving 9.33 adventures/drunk for me at present.
I have Ode active, am level 26 Sauceror and have 0 drunkenness.

Surely this can't be right. That's 2 adv/drunk better than Perfect Drinks which cost 11-12 times as much in the mall (~300 meat vs ~3300 meat).

Running v17.4 r17370 (latest daily build at time of writing).

Darzil

Developer
It's a problem case, not quite sure how we should handle it, maybe just have an average rather than a range?

Usually it gives a fairly low range, 9-11 or so, but I have seen 19. Essentially I think it gives you a random drink from a selection, but you don't get the normal use text, so it's very variable. I guess I could do whatever we do with Quantum etc.

Edit - Though I don't really understand, it was 9-19, but that's a base of 4.66, way under that for perfect drinks of 6.17. No idea offhand how you got that.

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
Have done that.

Specifically, though, I have seen (no Ode) :

Adventures - 12, 19, 18, 10, 10, 16, 11, 10, 19, 9, 8, 12, 7, 9, 12, 15, 15, 6, 20, 10, 8, 10, 10
Stats -
Mus - 9,12,18,19,20,25
Mys - 10,11,13,14,16,17,29
Mox - 8,10,10,19,37,49
All Stats - 1,3,3,5,5,5,6,6,6,8,8,8,8,9,10

My gut feeling is there are some random drinks, with different adventure and stat ranges, but it may be just random but not the usual triangular distributions.

6-20 adventures is a pretty wide range, though, and is a base of 4.33

Last edited: