Bug - Fixed Mafia doesn't detect Florist after Breaking the Prism

Bale

Minion
I've been meaning to report this bug for a while. Ever since the Florist Friars went out of standard, if I play a type69 path where I cannot use the Friars this happens. Steps to reproduce:

1. Have the Florist Friars
  2. Play a type69 path, like the current challege path or standard.
  3. The Florist is restricted, so mafia correctly deduces I cannot use it. As a result florist_available() is false.
  4. Break the Prism
  5. Mafia reports that florist_available() is false

At this point if I do a "refresh all" it does not update the value of florist_available(), but if I use Tools -> Refresh Session, then it will recognize the friars and update florist_available() to true.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
For that matter, it doesn't detect it if you break Ronin (which I did this morning in Nuclear Autumn, for reasons.)

Seems like we could have a method which refreshes everything for doing that and breaking the prism would do first that and then the additional stuff that occurs when you finish the run.

I came to the forums to point out that Mafia doesn't know I've got a Source Terminal installed after I break the prism in Nuclear Autumn. But it seems like this is the same discussion. If anyone thinks this should be separate, please split my post, and my apologies.

For the time being, I'm just running "refresh all" in my kingFreed script, since that fixes it.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
At this point if I do a "refresh all" it does not update the value of florist_available(), but if I use Tools -> Refresh Session, then it will recognize the friars and update florist_available() to true.

I seem to remember when I was adding "refresh shop" that "refresh all" actually is an alias for "refresh status" (or something like that), which doesn't seem like what the name would suggest.

Bale

Minion
Campground refreshing after an ascension was fixed about 2 weeks ago. This is a similar sort of problem so I'd like to point out that it still hasn't been fixed.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
I will add to this - if you try to plant a florist plant via CLI, it will fail with a "you do not have a Florist Friars", so scripts that auto-plant will fail too. :-(

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 17748 will check for the Florist Friar just before running a kingLiberatedScript.

Avatar paths end with a choice adventure where you chose your aftercore class. We put off doing requests (like visiting the friar) until you have taken that choice. Other paths don't stick you in a choice and can make whatever requests are necessary to update state as soon as you free King Ralph.

I'm suspicious about some of that since it looks to me like setting "can interact" (i.e., breaking Ronin or Hardcore) in a path with Standard restrictions immediately looks at your terrarium, bookshelf, and char sheet. So, if the next Avatar class (if we get one) has Standard restrictions, that breaks the rule I mentioned about not running other requests while you are in a choice adventure.

Going to have to look at that, by and by, and not run requests as a side effect of setting "can interact". I expect it was done so we update as soon as charpane.php or api.php tells us that we've broken Ronin by simply spending a lot of turns, but there has to be a better way.