Time-Spinner Far Future Solver

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Apparently, the script was called from within another script. FarFuture aborted, but the outer script moved on and went to the awesome ball pit.

It should abort all the way out. Seems like a bug that it does not.

I've seen this issue (502 in FarFuture embedded in another script) as well. Can't reproduce it will with a KoL 502, but perhaps a simple abort in an script which is called by another script would reproduce it.

I'll take a look this weekend.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
And yes - 502 is a server error. 4xx responses are client errors (you need to fix your client) and 5xx responses are server errors (there is nothing the client can do to fix it).

That's just how HTTP works.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Lastly - FarFuture seems to be solid about being able to pick up where it left off.

So is my script - when it calls FarFuture and a 502 aborts it and it futily tries to continue, if I manually abort and restart, it realizes the timespinner is not done, calls FarFuture again - which picks up where it left off and gets rewards/medals - and then proceeds as normal.

I want it to abort all the way out when the inner script aborts. Later. Soon. Sooner or later. :)

xKiv

FWIW, I am getting 502 error while running FarFuture fairly often, and I run it directly from gCLI.

But until today, I didn't look at session logs from when it happens, and ... looks like every time it happens, *something* is triggering breakfast [1] midway through the FarFuture script's execution?

[1] if it was my own "morning" script, it would start by casting multiple skills, and wouldn't pull the glass gnoll eye before hobbyhorse/ballincup/setofjacks, I think)

Excerpt:
(my cli queue at this point starts with "FarFuture gin", "Detective Solver", "svn update", ....)
Code:
> FarFuture.ash version 1.0.7

use 1 Time-Spinner
Took choice 1195/4: (secret choice)
choice.php?whichchoice=1195&option=4
Encounter: The Far Future
Encounter: The Far Future
Took choice 1199/1: Ingenuity
Took choice 1199/4: "Computer, activate program Kobayashi Maru."
choice.php?whichchoice=1199&option=4
Visiting Exotic Hanging Meat Orchid in clan rumpus room
Encounter: Starship Ingenuity :: In the Holofloor
Visiting Potted Meat Bush in clan rumpus room
Visiting Potted Meat Tree in clan rumpus room

Visiting Jackass Plumber

pull: 1 glass gnoll eye, 1 creepy voodoo doll

use 1 handmade hobby horse

use 1 ball-in-a-cup

use 1 set of jacks

use 1 Chester's bag of candy

use 1 burrowgrub hive

pull: 1 glass gnoll eye

mall.php?category=allitems&consumable_byme=0&weaponattribute=3&wearable_byme=0&nolimits=0&max_price=0&sortresultsby=price&justitems=0&x_cheapest=0&pudnuggler=%22glass+gnoll+eye%22
mall.php?category=allitems&consumable_byme=0&weaponattribute=3&wearable_byme=0&nolimits=0&max_price=0&sortresultsby=price&justitems=0&x_cheapest=0&pudnuggler=%22glass+gnoll+eye%22
> FarFuture.ash version 1.0.7

That last line is me manually triggering FarFuture again.

The 502 errors might be coming from all those pull/use requests while in timespinner.

Ezandora

I've been getting quite a few 502 errors lately, in other, unrelated choice.php adventures. They disappear after a minute or so. Maybe less.

There's also a long-standing, and entertaining, bug where starting a new far future session causes a 502 error and also prevents chat from working - the only(?) way to fix it is to log out and in. It's somewhat rare, but I saw it often enough when chaining casuals.

Internally the script, when it faces an invalid page text, will stop instead of trying to continue. But, you're still in a choice adventure, so you can't do anything else.

I've updated the script to wait 30s and retry, if it's detected a blank page. After ten minutes the script will abort. Seems to be working:
502.png

Magus_Prime

You mitigation strategy worked this morning. The script hit three 502 errors and, after suitable pauses, successfully completed execution with two medals and a cup of tea.

Thank you!