Bug - Waiting for Info mallsell silently fails when you get the "are you sure?" price warning

antimarty

cli command to mallsell 4 hot cluster @ 250k when cheapest in the mall is 2.2M appears to succeed...
Code:
> mallsell 4 hot cluster @ 250000

Adding  hot cluster to store...
4 hot cluster added to your store.

but in fact nothing was added to the store. Doing it from the normal browser store interface brings up the "are you sure" warning.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Apparently the field "priceok" needs to be set to 1 if you want to ignore price protection. I see two options: either fail with an informative message and force the player to do this manually, or always pass priceok=1. Thoughts?

(I'm personally in favor of the first option, with maybe some way to forcibly ignore price protection, but the latter has a much easier implementation.)

Bale

Minion
Fail with an informative message and force the player to do this manually!

I feel strongly that is the correct answer since otherwise is asking for a thrashing.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
User could also go into browser and click the "please stop warning me" option. This should also no longer be an issue if you're stocking from inventory, either with batching or via the CLI "shop put ..." command.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Can you get me a DEBUG log so I can see the price protection response, please?

I tried selling an item for 100 for which the cheapest competing price was 100,000, but apparently that was not enough to trigger a warning; it went right into the store.

That should be enough, but you probably disabled the warning. I already get it when I try to stock some AR tickets at minprice that normally cost a few thousand meat. I can try to grab a debug log this evening, gotta run now.

Edit: when I try to replicate this, mallsell 4 certainty @100 puts them in my store just fine, while doing it in the relay browser brings up the warning.

Last edited: