KoLmafia round 2 vs. round 1: all accounts, all scripts

cakeytaste

KoLmafia round 2 vs. round 1 AND cc_ascend Wrong Class?

Hey all.

I hope I'm putting this in the right place, as I don't think it's a general bug, and instead limited to my experience. I run multiple accounts through KoLmafia and suddenly all of them are unable to use the built-in Adventuring tool as well as any scripts that involve combat (cc_ascend & bumcheekascend both checked). This is a new problem that I haven't had until today. Recently have ascended on one of the accounts, I get the following when attempting to run up both scripts, or adventure:

Code:
Visit to Town: The Sleazy Back Alley in progress...

[14] The Sleazy Back Alley
Encounter: drunken half-orc hobo
Strategy: /Users/brandont/Library/Application Support/KoLmafia/ccs/null.ccs [default]
Round 0: cakeyballs wins initiative!
Round 1: cakeyballs executes a macro!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 2 but KoL thinks it is round 1
You're on your own, partner.
Click here to continue in the relay browser.

This character is a Disco Bandit, but it's happening across all my accounts. Any troubleshooting I can try before removing & reinstalling everything?

ADDITIONAL:

cc_ascend seems to think this new character is still a Pastamancer and is attempting to cast Salsaball before the round 2 issue. Is there a clean way to clear the settings on this?

Last edited:

xKiv

> KoLmafia thinks it is round 2 but KoL thinks it is round 1

This is a common and, IME, harmless warning. It is not a showstopping error.
The problem is likely elsewhere.

> /Users/brandont/Library/Application Support/KoLmafia/ccs/null.ccs

is that really supposed to be your css? Does that file exist?

Are your settings files corrupted?
(too big, too small, missing, filled with garbage, filled with emptiness, ...)

cakeytaste

>It is not a showstopping error.

I agree, as I've had the error before, but scripts and adventuring have been able to move forward. I think you are correct in stating the problem's elsewhere.

>is that really supposed to be your css? Does that file exist

I haven't modified the location of anything at all, so I assume that's the default installation spot for KoLmafia. The folder above /ccs contains everything: buffs, ccs, chats, data, scripts, etc.

I'm not sure if the .ccs file is borked. When I view the .ccs file with TextEdit, it contains only the following:

Code:
[ default ]
scrollwhendone

default.ccs contains:

Code:
[ default ]
special action
attack with weapon

There are no .ccs files for my account names, which seems weird.

The settings files are not corrupted, as far as I can tell. There are two files for each of my accounts: "moods" and "prefs". There's also a global "prefs" and global "aliases". The account prefs settings are ~45KB and I have no issues reading them with TextEdit.

Thanks for the help, btw.

Last edited:

xKiv

> I haven't modified the location of anything at all, so I assume that's the default installation spot for KoLmafia.

I was more worried about the file being named "null.css" (i.e. your css would be named just "null"). That's not standard.

> Strategy: /Users/brandont/Library/Application Support/KoLmafia/ccs/null.ccs [default]

This means file "null.css" in folder "/Users/brandont/Library/Application Support/KoLmafia/ccs", and look at section "default".

> The account prefs settings are ~45KB

Sounds about right.

On the other hand, if the only thing your chosen css does is "scrollwhendone", I am not surprised that combat aborts. Mafia expects your css to finish the fight, and that can't happen with this css.

cakeytaste

KoLmafia & cc_ascend Wrong Class

From the logs I've seen of other people running cc_ascend, null.ccs is standard.

Any thoughts as to what's happening?

UPDATE: I've reinstalled KoLmafia and all my used scripts and things seem to be working, except for a new problem: the custom combat is attempting to cast a spell that I don't know. It's casting the level 1 Salsaball skill instead of using the level 1 Bandit skill. It hits 60 rounds and aborts.

Ideas?

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
> /Users/brandont/Library/Application Support/KoLmafia/ccs/null.ccs

is that really supposed to be your css? Does that file exist?

The Ed Ascension script installs a file in the ccs directory called null.ccs and then switches to use it when the script is run. There are ways to exit the script so that it does not clean up after itself. Of course if this script has never been installed or used...

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I have used this and just completed an Ed Ascension before the error cropped up.

Since several people were questioning it, I wanted to make it clear that it was a feature of at least one script. That said, some versions of Ed do not clean up nicely so you might want to confirm that your CCS is set to something else. The symptoms you describe are exactly what happens to me when I forget and auto adventure with my CCS set to null.ccs.

I have used this and just completed an Ed Ascension before the error cropped up.

Did you complete an Ed ascension with cc_ascend or with the Edcension script? Edcension is derived from cc_ascend, I have no idea what it leaves in states that confuse cc_ascend.

Returned: Disco Bandit
primestat => Moxie

So it's what it should be.

Were you in Community Service for that ascension? If so, it is because the CS mode of the script expects you to be a Sauceror but it might work otherwise I just don't get a lot of error reports from people who try it. I usually try to accommodate for these things when try are reported to me (you can contact me in-game about them if you'd like). r869 of cc_ascend should not assume you have Salsaball in CS. If you aren't in CS, you have an outdated version of the script.

cakeytaste

Did you complete an Ed ascension with cc_ascend or with the Edcension script?
I used cc_ascend.

Were you in Community Service for that ascension? If so, it is because the CS mode of the script expects you to be a Sauceror but it might work otherwise I just don't get a lot of error reports from people who try it. I usually try to accommodate for these things when try are reported to me (you can contact me in-game about them if you'd like). r869 of cc_ascend should not assume you have Salsaball in CS. If you aren't in CS, you have an outdated version of the script.
I did an Ed ascension first, with cc_ascend, then started a CS path ascension and that's when the errors started. Is there a clean way to roll my cc_ascend version back to r869? I'm on r872 as of this morning.

I assume it's like an "svn delete cc_ascend" followed by some specific installation command?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Is there a clean way to roll my cc_ascend version back to r869? I'm on r872 as of this morning.

I assume it's like an "svn delete cc_ascend" followed by some specific installation command?

There would only be a problem if you were using a version older than that, because that's where it was fixed.

I did an Ed ascension first, with cc_ascend, then started a CS path ascension and that's when the errors started. Is there a clean way to roll my cc_ascend version back to r869? I'm on r872 as of this morning.

As Lost said, you are fine, r869 is a minimum version. If you are doing CS, you should look at the original guidelines for it http://forums.kingdomofloathing.com/vb/showpost.php?p=4769933&postcount=345. The true requirements of the script are a lot less than that and is up-to-date with current IoTMs. I can provide help with issues such as missing skills or IoTMs but I don't think I can really devote much effort to a bad class choice.

cakeytaste

a bad class choice.
Yeah, as it had been a year since playing KoL, and never using KoLmafia, I'm just now catching up to what the better options are for these types of speed ascensions. I'm not looking to be a timesink, so don't worry about this thread. Purging and reinstalling seems to have fixed the cc_ascend issue and now I'm just having that KoLmafia round 2 vs. round 1 issue during actual "Adventure" usage. I'll see if I can work that out solo and if not, I'll start a new thread that isn't related to cc_ascend.

Thanks for your help and thanks for a dope script. The speed of the Ed run I did was shocking compared to me clicking things and replaying content I'd seen before.

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
The round one vs round two thing is normally just mafia not knowing certain skills don't increment the round counter and is not an issue.