New Content - Implemented Source Terminal

PeKaJe

I'm still getting the second and so on digitized wanderers with 1 on the counter. I don't think it matters if it's a free fight or not.

Digitize Timers still off in certain cases

Great job on this stuff, however some of the timers are still off. (as of 17069)
To be exact, when fighting a turn-costing monster, the second timer and all subsequent timers are one turn too long: the monster consistently shows up when mafia thinks there is still one turn to go. The timer for every first copy and the subsequent timers for free fights seem to be accurate. This does mean that there is no need to check for free kills, if you use them on the original, the timer is set correctly because it isn't set until you hit adventure.php again, and if you use them on a later copy, it doesn't affect the rest of them at all.

Code:
[5692] Chateau Painting
Encounter: Knob Goblin Embezzler
Round 1: the dictator casts DIGITIZE!
[5700] The Haunted Storage Room <-- Correct
[5720] The Haunted Storage Room <-- timer one turn longer
[5750] The Haunted Storage Room <-- also wrong
[5790] The Haunted Storage Room <-- wrong
[5840] The Haunted Storage Room <-- etc
[5900] The Haunted Storage Room
Round 5: the dictator casts SHATTERING PUNCH!

[5907] The Haunted Storage Room <-- Correct, despite the shattering punch
[5927] The Haunted Storage Room <-- wrong
[5957] The Haunted Storage Room <-- I
[5997] The Haunted Storage Room <-- think
[6047] The Haunted Storage Room <-- you
Round 4: the dictator casts SHATTERING PUNCH!

[6054] The Haunted Storage Room <-- Correct
[6074] The Haunted Storage Room <-- got
[6104] The Haunted Storage Room <-- it
[6144] The Haunted Storage Room <-- by
[6194] The Haunted Laundry Room <-- now

Code:
[3953] Hamburglaris Shield Generator
Encounter: reanimated wyrm skeleton
Round 2: the dictator casts DIGITIZE!
[3961] Hamburglaris Shield Generator
Round 3: the dictator casts SHATTERING PUNCH!
[3981] Hamburglaris Shield Generator <- Unaffected by the shattering punch

The timers below are currently all correct, but I included them to complete the overview. (Edit: apparently contradicting with PeKaJe's post above)
Code:
[6301] shaking 4-D camera
Encounter: ELDRITCH HORROR Witchess Knight
Round 9: the dictator casts DIGITIZE!
[6308] Investigating a Plaintive Telegram
Encounter: Witchess Knight
[6328] Investigating a Plaintive Telegram
[6358] The Daily Dungeon (Room 3)
[6398] The Haunted Conservatory

[6405] The Haunted Conservatory
[6425] The Haunted Conservatory
[6455] The Haunted Conservatory

Last edited:

PeKaJe

Oh, another thing I've noticed ... the digitize counter seems to go away when I finish a path, but the digitized monster will still show up as scheduled.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Oh, another thing I've noticed ... the digitize counter seems to go away when I finish a path, but the digitized monster will still show up as scheduled.

That doesn't make any sense. There are only 3 places where the counter is cleared. Two of them are just before a new one is created (casting Digitize, encountering a Digitized monster). The other is when everything for your character is reset, and if that block was running incorrectly then you would probably notice all your _ settings getting messed up too.

PeKaJe

You're probably right, I think what I was seeing was that the timer had expired while climbing the tower. As far as I can tell, all wanderers queue up while you're outside adventure.php zones, and will show up one after another as you again enter adventure.php. How difficult would it be to fix them all on 0 turns when they expire, until they're actually encountered?

Darzil

Developer
Have added tracking for files known, added extrudes as creations, and added some corrections for values when limits are hit.
Tomorrow I plan to look at logging of effects/items gained, and maybe a daily deed.
Then I think that'll be it ?

Bale

Minion
Have added tracking for files known, added extrudes as creations, and added some corrections for values when limits are hit.
Tomorrow I plan to look at logging of effects/items gained, and maybe a daily deed.
Then I think that'll be it ?

Did you add a check against known files before trying to extrude to enhance a particular parameter? (To see if it is possible.)

Darzil

Developer
A daily feed would show when you have done your max.

Yes, it checks known files for extrudes, enhances, enquiries and educated, including by maximizer and concoctions.

Bale

Minion
Whoa. Then all that remains is to fix the logging. (And optional daily deed if you're into that.)

Attempting to extrude the familiar through the browser while you don't have enough essence will fool mafia into thinking you've successfully acquired the familiar, and it updates the inventory and extrusions variable appropriately. Here's the CLI section; I can add in the log file later and/or reproduce it again tomorrow if you need more info.

Code:
Source Terminal: extrude
Source Terminal: extrude familiar.ext
You acquire an item: software bug
Source Terminal: extrude -f familiar.ext

Of note is that Mafia indicates that I get the familiar before running the command that actually performs the extrusion; a later section of the CLI shows that it does this for the TRAM chip as well. It thinks I acquired a chip from both 'extrude tram.ext' and 'extrude -f tram.ext'.