Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Source Terminal

Alternately, you could open a new browser window pointed at http://127.0.0.1:60080/mchat.php
    This also does not allow the /terminal command to work, it really has to be a frame in the same window as the center frame.

I use it all the time if I want to make a fax or buffbot request and do not have the relay browser open.
    Doing so is a whole lot faster than opening the relay browser and opening chat there.

Fortunately, "your ideal world" and "my ideal world" can co-exist.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    I guess that's a funny case where you don't actually want to see chat, you just want mafia to see a response message in chat.

I guess that's a funny case where you don't actually want to see chat, you just want mafia to see a response message in chat.
    Originally Posted by lostcalpolydude View Post
    It's the only time I use chat, not being especially loquacious. I can run login <character>, chat, faxtoid, use photo mon, farm false, login <next character>, and just run through my aftercore farming including knocking out a new factoid. If I could receive faxes or close the chat window to reduce server hits after the fax came, I would, but since it isn't an option, at least it will eventually reduce how many server checks it makes for my non-chatting chat window.

Ok got an interesting one. I extruded a source googles and when I maximized for +item it told me to put it in all 3 accessory slots even though I only had one. Also, while I had it equipped while adventuring it keep incrementing like I was finding more of them but when I looked in my inventory I only had 1. by the time I was done mafia though I had 10 but kol still showed just one.

Originally Posted by lostcalpolydude View Post
    When I started using mafia's faxbot functionality, I kept getting GCLI messages that suggested mafia had no idea whether the request failed or succeeded. I was told to open mafia's chat and then mafia would correctly determine the status/result of the request. But I almost never look at the chat window. Funny? Maybe but I don't look at the window that is forced to be open on a daily basis :-)
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    I agree with frono.
    There are 69 players more powerful than you.
    Originally Posted by Statistics Leaderboards

Ok got an interesting one. I extruded a source googles and when I maximized for +item it told me to put it in all 3 accessory slots even though I only had one. Also, while I had it equipped while adventuring it keep incrementing like I was finding more of them but when I looked in my inventory I only had 1. by the time I was done mafia though I had 10 but kol still showed just one.
    Originally Posted by txrangersxx View Post
    Already a known issue, every time you looked at the terminal mafia thought you got another one.

Couple more effects:
    Code:
    --------------------
    2107	damage.enh	10101.gif	66a3192cd03222c792def0fe0bc20b07
    Effect	damage.enh	Hot Damage: +5, Cold Damage: +5, Stench Damage: +5, Spooky Damage: +5, Sleaze Damage: +5
    --------------------
    --------------------
    2108	critical.enh	10101.gif	6d62a2abfbdaebe40987517bf987e9b4
    Effect	critical.enh	Critical Hit Percent: +10, Spell Critical Percent: +10
    --------------------

Sooo.... What exactly does the Software Bug do? I know that it spits out seemingly random code during combat. Does that do anything? Or is it just there to look pretty?

I thought maybe I'd found a workaround, but was disappointed to find that chat_clan("/terminal [command]"); also does not work for sending commands to the Terminal. I'm still hoping for CLI commands, but I'm not sure whether that's possible, given what I now know about how various flavors of chat interface work/don't work...

Sooo.... What exactly does the Software Bug do? I know that it spits out seemingly random code during combat. Does that do anything? Or is it just there to look pretty?
    Originally Posted by VladYvhuce View Post
    One always hopes that a software bug does nothing. If that's all the familiar does, then I am grateful.

PS. There's a hint that the code it spits out is essential for the puzzle.
    If people like my scripts, please send me stuffed Hodgmen.
    Universal Recovery, OCD Inventory Control, CounterChecker, newLife, ChIT.