--------------------
    9038	software bug	854485683	softwarebug.gif	grow	t	0
    # Item software bug
    --------------------
    --------------------
    9039	missing semicolon	642606169	semicolon.gif	familiar	t,d	75
    Item	missing semicolon	Familiar Weight: +11, Generic
    --------------------

Huh. When you take the software bug out of your terrarium, it has a progress bar under it in the charpane.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

I had my terminal extrude some stuff. It told me "you acquire" on the monitor display. That display persists and when you go to the terminal again, we reprocess.

Code:
    You acquire an item: Source terminal PRAM chip
    You acquire an item: Source terminal DRAM chip
    You acquire an item: software bug
    You acquire an item: Source terminal PRAM chip
    You acquire an item: Source terminal DRAM chip
    You acquire an item: software bug
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

Crossposting this from the KoL forums:

The "/terminal [command]" chat functionality appears to work in native chat, but not via Mafia (non-relay) chat.

I currently have the extract skill active. When I type:
    /terminal educate digitize.edu
    in native chat, I get this output:
    ATDT1137374242 ... educate digitize.edu
    ... in chat, and I'm redirected to the Source Terminal campground interface, which says that the skill has been changed. My next combat confirms that it has, in fact, been changed. When I type the same:
    /terminal educate digitize.edu
    in Mafia's chat, I get this same output:
    ATDT1137374242 ... educate digitize.edu
    But nothing changes. (I still have extract active.)

So it looks like, somehow, Mafia's passing information that KoL understands (because it responds with the ATDT output), but doesn't cause KoL to change the skill setting.

If we're gonna get ASH or CLI commands that duplicate the /terminal [command] chat functionality, then I don't care much about this getting fixed. I'm not attached to the chat commands themselves - only hoping to avoid visiting the campground.
    Last edited by PaladinWhite; 06-03-2016 at 03:19 PM.

I can't reproduce that bug. Using /terminal educate digitize.edu in mafia's relay chat redirects me to the terminal just like it should, saying that the new skill is active.

Unless you actually mean KoLmafia Chat, which is not in the relay browser at all, I have no idea where to start guessing why things are broken just for you.

Yes, sorry, that was an inaccurate phrasing on my part. I mean the Loathing Chat pane/window, opened using eg. the Ghost of the English Language button.

Yes, sorry, that was an inaccurate phrasing on my part. I mean the Loathing Chat pane/window, opened using eg. the Ghost of the English Language button.
    Originally Posted by PaladinWhite View Post
    In my ideal world, that window would be removed from mafia.

I'm pretty sure that chat command only works by redirecting to the main pane and loading appropriate things there. Hopefully it's clear why something that's not part of the relay browser isn't going to do that.

Bummer. I didn't realize that the Loathing Chat window wasn't a fully-supported alternative to the relay browser chat. I'd previously understood that they worked equivalently. I typically play with the relay browser chat horizontally shrunk so that it's essentially invisible, and Loathing Chat open on my second monitor, to maximize screen space for the relay browser itself. That's especially useful when I have seven or eight chat channels open at the same time, because I can see all the tabs easily in a wide Loathing Chat window, but in the relay browser chat, I have to choose between it being wide enough to see all the tabs (in which case the browser itself is tiny) or having a wide browser pane (in which case not all chat tabs are visible).

I guess I'll have to consider not doing that.

Developer

Alternately, you could open a new browser window pointed at http://127.0.0.1:60080/mchat.php

It's a bit of an overstatement to say that the ChatFrame is unsupported so much as it's just not a thing most of the devs encounter, as I think the only one who uses it regularly is Veracity (although I could be mistaken). As such, Lost's statement makes sense in the context of "I don't use this; I'd be happier if it didn't cause problems that needed to be fixed."

In my ideal world, that window would be removed from mafia.
    Originally Posted by lostcalpolydude View Post
    I use it all the time if I want to make a fax or buffbot request and do not have the relay browser open.
    Doing so is a whole lot faster than opening the relay browser and opening chat there.

Fortunately, "your ideal world" and "my ideal world" can co-exist.
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.