New Content - Implemented Source Terminal

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The digitize counter seems to be off by one (at least in r17054, and at least for the first wanderer). The counter was set at 7 DURING my combat with an assassin, and then decremented to 6 AFTER the combat, making it expire one turn short of the first wanderer's actual appearance.

That counter could just be set to 8, and be right most of the time. But then it would be wrong when used against monsters that don't take a turn (such as witchess monsters, which are a fairly popular target now). This would be handled by setting the counter when KoL actually starts counting (the next time you adventure in a place where wandering monsters can show up, which is basically adventure.php but not places like the shore), but I've been avoiding trying to figure out how to handle that for years.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Added 1 to those counters in 17056. I'm going to try adding that first counter at the correct timing (when you next hit adventure.php, basically). Counters after the first one shouldn't need any changing.

PeKaJe

The digitize counter seems to be off by one for the second fight and onwards. Wanderers show up with 1 turn left.

Bale

Minion
Are you sure you are using the latest daily build? There were a few commits devoted to fixing that issue.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Now I'm wondering if seeing that wandering monster doesn't actually start the next counter. I expect that KoL always sets it to the same value, and the only other thing that makes sense is if KoL is setting it after the turn is deducted (or not) for ending the fight.

If labeling free fights does give correct results, then there's more stuff to mark. I wonder what casting CLEESH does with that counter.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Consistency dictates that we rename the preference "_sourceTerminalDuplicateUses", while backwards compatibility dictates that we keep the name as-is.

Opting to go with the latter; if some other dev decides that consistency is more important, then that can be a separate commit. r17061.

Bale

Minion
Hee^3, you already broke backwards compatibility by changing it from boolean to integer. It is hard to imagine how a script which used that preference would still work now.

Go all in and please be consistent since that is the only virtue left.

In r17065, with 0/15 fullness, 6/14 drunkenness, and 128 Source essence on hand, I see hacked gibson in the booze section of the Item Manager, but do not see browser cookie in the food section. What am I doing wrong?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
In r17065, with 0/15 fullness, 6/14 drunkenness, and 128 Source essence on hand, I see hacked gibson in the booze section of the Item Manager, but do not see browser cookie in the food section. What am I doing wrong?

I'm guessing you have a hacked gibson in your inventory. Mafia doesn't know how to create any of those items, and I wasn't actually planning to add support for that.

Ah. Yep, that's it.

If anyone feels like teaching Mafia how to create those two items, I would definitely use the feature. They're some of the best food & drink available to me in HC, with very little cost. But I'll frequently forget they're available if they don't show up in the Item Manager.

Bale

Minion
New content!!!!

I just noticed that the three Source Terminal skills without images, now have images of which mafia is unaware.

Code:
<option value="7275" picurl="acc8" >Compress (2 Mana Points)</option>
<option value="7276" picurl="tpspoiler" >Duplicate (2 Mana Points)</option>
<option value="7277" picurl="gyroscope" >Portscan (2 Mana Points)</option>