New Content - Implemented Source Terminal

Bale

Minion
Lost, you've been doing an incredible job with this IOTM. As of r17031 there are only two things left. And the first one isn't very important.
  • A preference (or maybe four preferences) that keeps track of all .edu, ext, enq, enh files that are known by the user.
    Check it whenever an appropriate command is issued and add whenever a file is successfully used.
  • Log terminal extrude

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Does it figure out what buff you got (and for how long) when you do an "enhance"?
lost said he was going to hit api.php, but it would be nicer if it got logged, just like any other effect acquisition.

Erich

From the source terminal puzzle:

Unknown item found: green pill (9067, 623147196)
--------------------
9067 green pill 623147196 pill.gif usable t 0
# Item green pill: It unlocks a tattoo. That's what it does.
--------------------

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Using the /terminal chat command simply visits campground.php?action=terminal&hack=<INPUT>, which presumably also needs to be processed.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Which then redirects to choice.php (choice.php?forceoption=1&input=enquiry+familiar.enq is the example I just grabbed), where I would expect it to be handled the same as the other stuff that goes to choice.php.

Gryphon

Just ran through the thread. I didn't see anything for ash file stuff.
What are the commands for extruding items and getting the enhance buffs?

Bale

Minion
Already fixed CounterScript locally so that it aborts automation in run, but allows it to continue when you are in aftercore. I figure in run you might have something scary and important to fight that is worth aborting automation. Tell me if you don't agree since there's time to change my mind.

Anyway, I won't be able to commit that change until later today.

PS. CounterScript has always aborted automation for timers, but ignored informational timers like the previous windows. This is expected behavior.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
So, I understand that this is a change that may cause some amount of frustration especially in aftercore, but I think it's as worthwhile to track as, say, semirares or Lights Out.

Bale: the other reason to track digitized monsters in-run is to burn delay (you're fighting the monster anyways, and fights in different locations are not equal -- outskirts of cobb's knob is a pretty bad zone, for instance; if you could replace one of those combats with a writing desk, then you've just saved a turn in your run), which in the past only affected maybe the top 1% of ascenders, but hopefully now is accessible to the top 15%.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
So, I understand that this is a change that may cause some amount of frustration especially in aftercore, but I think it's as worthwhile to track as, say, semirares or Lights Out.

Bale: the other reason to track digitized monsters in-run is to burn delay (you're fighting the monster anyways, and fights in different locations are not equal -- outskirts of cobb's knob is a pretty bad zone, for instance; if you could replace one of those combats with a writing desk, then you've just saved a turn in your run), which in the past only affected maybe the top 1% of ascenders, but hopefully now is accessible to the top 15%.

I set Lights Out tracking to be off (by default) for a reason. Semirare counters rarely show up unless someone actively decides they want to run into them. Most people really aren't going to care about burning delay, even if it can save 10 turns or whatever in their run. I'd rather make the smaller portion of people that care about it (which includes me) jump through hoops to get an abort than make people that don't care jump through hoops to ignore it.

So 17055 changes that behavior back.

Last edited:

KirbyLlama

^^
cool.

tracking it is fine, but requiring people to use a script just to avoid the aborting is pretty bad.
it needs an on/off toggle.

Bale

Minion

Yup. Another reason to abort for a digitized monster in-run. In aftercore I assume people are just farming witchess food& booze.

tracking it is fine, but requiring people to use a script just to avoid the aborting is pretty bad.
it needs an on/off toggle.

lost just changed that in 17055. He mentioned it in the message above yours. Now it won't abort for digitized monsters unless you use a script like CounterChecker.

tuga

The digitize counter seems to be off by one (at least in r17054, and at least for the first wanderer). The counter was set at 7 DURING my combat with an assassin, and then decremented to 6 AFTER the combat, making it expire one turn short of the first wanderer's actual appearance.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
lost just changed that in 17055. He mentioned it in the message above yours. Now it won't abort for digitized monsters unless you use a script like CounterChecker.

I assume that's why there were arrows pointing up to my post, with the word "cool".